PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as a bun?

Monkey962
August 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Whilst in the shower, I was thinking about simple ways in which I could put my hair up afterwards - simple enough that I could actually do it. I've tried doing updos before, but they always fell apart. I'm probably never going to use this out of the house, but I will after showers definitely.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2663&pictureid=46900

I would imagine some of you don't approve of using a pencil as a hairstick, but I haven't any, and I just grabbed the most hairstickiest thing that was near me.

Redheaded Raven
August 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I think you did a good job, And yes it is a bun :) in my opinion

teela1978
August 6th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Looks like a bun to me. Nothing wrong with using writing utensils to hold your hair up. That way you always have one on you.

Gumball
August 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM
It sure looks like a bun to me! Two thumbs up.

Monkey962
August 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Nothing wrong with using writing utensils to hold your hair up. That way you always have one on you.

Ah, I thought that maybe they'd be damaging or something. It is a bit uncomfortable, however. :/

teela1978
August 6th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Ah, I thought that maybe they'd be damaging or something. It is a bit uncomfortable, however. :/

well... they can pull and hurt when they come in and out, which is why most of us have special smooth sticks that we use... but writing utensils always work in a pinch :)

Rapunzal2Be
August 6th, 2009, 02:22 AM
It's great!!!

free_hug
August 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Creative :D I used to laugh out loud when i saw the big haired girls at the uni doing this, but apparently it worked :) and it's a clever and comfy solution, when in urgent need of a hairstick...

Aditi
August 6th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I would consider it a bun like others :thumbsup: how did you made that bun? As i would also like to try out something which doesn't fall apart when i take shower like you.

freckles
August 6th, 2009, 05:05 AM
very cute. I want to hold a pencil in my bun cause the idea makes me feel geekycool (I haven't tried yet).

GlassEyes
August 6th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Looks like a bun to me! I'm sure there's plenty of people here that use writing tools to hold up buns.

Silver & Gold
August 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I like it. This is a lot like what my buns look like. My hair isn't very long but I can manage a twist similar to yours and it holds just fine for me.

Krifantasy
August 6th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I very often use writing tools in a pinch. I just have to remember to bring them back to work the next day.

The bun looks very nice and secure as well.

rhondalicious
August 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Don't feel bad about the pencils! I have often used pencils in my buns, then forgotten they were there and tucked more pencils over the back of my ears. The bun looks cute!

Nyghtingale
August 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
yep, that's a bun, a cute one too.

pradabacon
August 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Looks like a bun to me! I'm sure there's plenty of people here that use writing tools to hold up buns.

Yep. I certainly do.

Nice bun! :thumbsup:

julya
August 6th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I've used pencils, or pens when I don't have anything else to hold up my hair. Works fine for me. Congrats on the bun!

rags
August 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Great bun! I think most of us have done the grab a pencil thing.

Heavenly Locks
August 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Look at your nice BUN! :) :disco:

Kiraela
August 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
When I think I'm likely to forget a pencil when I'm going out, I'll tuck a short stubby one in my bun next to my sticks so that it can't be seen, but I can grab it if needed. My very first stick-bun, over two years ago now, was with a green mechanical pencil. I still have that pencil, as a matter of fact. Longest time I've ever kept one writing tool.

And it's definately a bun.

yellowchariot
August 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yes, cool! It reminds me of the "Top-Knots" Samurais used in battle! :luke:

Ryanne
August 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Definitely. A nice one too. The first time reading about and messing around with buns and hairsticks I used a pencil too.

Lady Mary
August 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
It's a bun, looks great! :cheese:

JamieLeigh
August 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
That's cute!! I have no problems with using pencils as hairsticks. I used to do this in high school all the time, just to get it up out of the way. :p

Monkey962
August 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Yes, cool! It reminds me of the "Top-Knots" Samurais used in battle! :luke:

Haha, that's what I thought. :)