PDA

View Full Version : Tort & Rhinestone Comb for Sale

Peggy E.
March 9th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Unless you are desperately in need of this comb, I do think I'm going to give it a reprieve and see if I can't find some style to wear it with where I can appreciate how beautiful it really is - instead of getting frustrated!

So, if you do, let me know, otherwise:

** SALE WITHDRAWN FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION! ** (Is this such a category?!)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/3-4-08005.jpg

Stevy
March 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
It looks beautiful, but I'm kind of worried by that broken prong. Did you find that it still slid into your hair OK?

Also, I wanted to tell you, I've had a million compliments on those little pearl and rhinestone pins I bought from you over on the Beauty Bottle. When asked where I got them I say 'A friend in the States' and look smug. :)

Stevy

Peggy E.
March 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Hi, Stevy - I haven't had a problem with the prong, though I don't usually notice something is snagging unless there's an extension's worth of hair caught on it when I pull it out! Well, not THAT bad, but I really haven't noticed any pulling or snagging.

The prong has been broken for a long time, sort of smoothed down - but, in all honesty, not as "pointed" as the other prongs. Funny, I never thought a thing about the prong, as it's so low in the comb - my questioning had always been on the discoloration where the rhinestone application is attached at the top, on the far right!

Wish I could recall where I got this thing. I think it's supposed to be shell, and if it's not, it's one of the world's greatest imitations!

Maybe I'll just go ahead and keep it and see if I can find some way to wear it that I like....
It's never gone that well with the styles I tend to gravitate to, which is why I decided to bid it adieu! Should try it again!

So glad you're getting good mileage from those pins! And, yes, you have LOTS of "friends in the States!" ;o)