PDA

View Full Version : KS Hair Washing Method

ademtce
August 5th, 2009, 03:25 PM
As i'm sure most of you know im an avid fan of the blog KillerStrands, i recently come upon her suggested method of washing your hair. which is to shampoo with a SLS free shampoo, and follow it only with a conditioning detangler after. no daily conditioner. -- She has her own list of shampoos suggested for this mostly John Masters & Kenra. I bought the John Masters Zinc & Sage shampoo & Ecoly Formulas Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioning Detangler.

i tried this method today, and much to my surprise my hair feels great. it feels like hair, not like it usually does when i use a daily conditioner. it didn't feel coated at all.
the leave-in is very light weight, i can't even feel it.

i was wondering if anyone else here has tried this method or something similar to it.

Laurel32
August 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
:o What exactly is a de-tangle only conditioner vs. a daily conditioner?

ademtce
August 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
according to her its lighter than a daily conditioner, and i agree it definitely feels lighter.
i guess its a bit of semantics and the application method. you don't rinse the detangler out till your next shower/wash.

Laurel32
August 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Oh, got it, thank you. I think that is my routine right now. I CWC with a light conditioner, wash my scalp with a non SLS shampoo and rinse, then put some light conditioner in my hair as a leave in. My hair does feel better with that routine. :)

Canarygirl
August 5th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Oh, got it, thank you. I think that is my routine right now. I CWC with a light conditioner, wash my scalp with a non SLS shampoo and rinse, then put some light conditioner in my hair as a leave in. My hair does feel better with that routine. :)

by coincidence, this is what I'm doing most days too. C, W (scalp), C (leave-in detangler: Hair Nectar by Karen's Body Beautiful.) I use different shampoos and conditioners but this is the basic routine.