PDA

View Full Version : My DBF's first bun!

PurpleAshes
August 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
DBF has been trying to grow out his hair since he was around 15, but his mom has always made him cut it. This time, he's trying to grow it out to terminal :cheese:
So, today I realized his hair was long enough to make a sock bun!
Here it is:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/PurpleAshesLP/P1053038.jpg

If you want to see more pictures of his hair, there's a few in my profile :)

Gumball
August 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
It looks good. Good for him! It's great for him to have support, too.

PurpleAshes
August 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks!
Yeah, he doesn't get much support from anyone in his family :S His mom even cut his hair once without his permission! She made a ponytail and just *clip clip* :( I really dont understand why they don't like it, he looks so nice with long hair, it goes great with his bone structure.

yellowchariot
August 5th, 2009, 11:40 AM
hey that looks cool,

I used to date a girl that would try out new styles on my hair when it was past shoulder length. She done something like that, it looked very similar, but she used a sock!? Or at least, that's what it resembled, and somehow she rolled my hair up and she done a really good job.

PurpleAshes
August 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hahaha, yep! That kind of bun involves a sock :P

LittleOrca
August 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Tell him grats! My fiance (MagnusXP) is growing out his hair as well. He mother never liked it long or for him to have a beard because, as she said, it reminded her that he was a man now and not a little boy. The less hair he had, the more little boy he was and the happier she was. :lol: I bet I could get Mag's hair into a sock bun... *looks at him as he sleeps and grabs her tools to do so.....* :twisted:

Madame J
August 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, my DH always got crap from his family and his previous girlfriend when he tried to grow out his hair. In fact, his ex would tell him he needed a haircut if it was longer than a half an inch! He was floored when I not only didn't bug him about his hair, but supported him growing it long. My only issue now is that it's longer and prettier than mine!

...he won't let me take pictures when I play with his hair. He's afraid they'll be used for blackmail.

You DBF has a nice bun :D

Fillette
August 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Woah! your DBF has really nice hair! ...and nice...um... bun too! :D

Cheros
August 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
It looks nice on him. And it's great that you support him, it's hard for guys to muster the confidence to grow it long.

PurpleAshes
August 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Tell him grats! My fiance (MagnusXP) is growing out his hair as well. He mother never liked it long or for him to have a beard because, as she said, it reminded her that he was a man now and not a little boy. The less hair he had, the more little boy he was and the happier she was. :lol: I bet I could get Mag's hair into a sock bun... *looks at him as he sleeps and grabs her tools to do so.....* :twisted:

HAHAHAH you should try it! He might wake up thinking you mistaked him for a foot xD

Yeah, my DH always got crap from his family and his previous girlfriend when he tried to grow out his hair. In fact, his ex would tell him he needed a haircut if it was longer than a half an inch! He was floored when I not only didn't bug him about his hair, but supported him growing it long. My only issue now is that it's longer and prettier than mine!

...he won't let me take pictures when I play with his hair. He's afraid they'll be used for blackmail.

You DBF has a nice bun :D

It's a shame so many people are against guys with long hair :(
Thanks for the compliment!

Woah! your DBF has really nice hair! ...and nice...um... bun too! :D

Thanks a lot! I'm sure he will get very happy when he reads these compliments:)

yellowchariot
August 5th, 2009, 08:05 PM
About 80% of the people I knew really didn't want me to grow mine out. I asked them why was it such a big deal to them!? I mean it's not like they're going to have to deal with it! :rolleyes:!

As it grew mid-way it got worse, people were like, you need to cut your hair (mostly my family)! Once it grew to shoulder length and I began to change my appearance, workout, etc. . . and yes. . . my attitude changed as well! So now 80% of everyone I know says that it matches "who I am", and only 20% are the stubborn/uptight traditional ones :mad:. LOL

I remember this one time, a co-worker (who was bald btw, no offense to anyone bald!!) was making fun of my hair. I told him that "The next time I go to have 2 inches cut off of my ends, I will donate it all to you. . . why you'd be excited to have that much hair!"

LOL! That was probably a mean thing to say, and I don't like to talk negative to anyone. . . BUT it was very much called for! :rant:

Fiferstone
August 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Your boyfriend's hair is beautiful, and it will be absolutely stunning in a shoulderblade-length ponytail (I feel strange calling a length milestone BSL on a guy :)). Tell him to keep growing, we're all rooting for him. My own husband of 15 years (we've been together for 20 years total) has a shoulderblade-length wavy salt and pepper ponytail :drools:

Yeah, I have a thing for long-haired men. :wink:

camirra555
August 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Very nice hair. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like at terminal

Nyghtingale
August 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Very nice!

PurpleAshes
August 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Your boyfriend's hair is beautiful, and it will be absolutely stunning in a shoulderblade-length ponytail (I feel strange calling a length milestone BSL on a guy :)). Tell him to keep growing, we're all rooting for him. My own husband of 15 years (we've been together for 20 years total) has a shoulderblade-length wavy salt and pepper ponytail :drools:

Yeah, I have a thing for long-haired men. :wink:

Oooh, you should post a few pictures of your husbands hair too! It must look very nice:)
DBF looks gorgeous with a ponytail, I can't wait until it's "shoulder blade length"

And yup, I have a thing too :p

Cosmic Ant
August 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM
DBF looks gorgeous with a ponytail.
I can't wait until it's "shoulder blade length"

A bit biased there? =P
Me either. I wish it would grow faster T-T

Thank you everyone for the positive comments. It's really gratifying to see more people appreciate the effort it's taken to get to where it is. I must say I was very much against any kind of ponytail/bun, since I thought long hair was grown to be shown. But thanks to PurpleAshes, I'm now a fan :cheese:

Now I just wish I wasn't a hopeless soul trying to do ponytails and buns ._.

PurpleAshes
August 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
... But thanks to PurpleAshes, I'm now a fan :cheese:

Now I just wish I wasn't a hopeless soul trying to do ponytails and buns ._.
Thanks to me AND the LHC :D
And practice makes perfect!

JamieLeigh
August 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM
How cool! :) It's great that he's getting to do what he wants with his hair now. Congrats to you guys. :cheese:

Aditi
August 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Nice curly hair and the bun looks good on him, Congratulate him on my behalf :)

RedStripe
August 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Looks great. Wonder if my guy would go for a bun?