PDA

View Full Version : Paging UK LHC-ers......or anyone with a swap box

BeeLady
April 14th, 2008, 04:42 AM
It was the original intention a while ago to start a UK swap box after we'd had a trade at a meet but I didn't ever receive enough peoples addresses at once to make it worth the go.

As I'm sorting a lot of stuff out at the moment I need to know what you want me to do with what I have here - there is not a lot but I want to know what you want to do with it. As I see it there are a number of options

1) Someone else can have the stuff and get on with it!
2) They could be posted to someone/where who has a box they could go into en-masse.
3) I can take them to a charity shop or similar.

Need to do this SOON as I have to make room in my house for ....*ahem*...someone else ;)

jel
April 14th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Send it to me ;)

No, seriously - why couldn't we get a UK swap box going? I'd be happy to get on with it. Is it a case of one person having all the addresses and coordinating the movement of the box? If someone could explain to me exactly how it's supposed to work, I'll do it.

BeeLady
April 16th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Bumping because we've been offline - I seriously need this dealt with ASAP as my house is rapidly filling with baby gear.

*pokes various uk people* *grin*

Hypnotica
April 16th, 2008, 04:16 AM
What about an European Swap Box if there isn't enough UK people?

OhioLisa
April 16th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I think Igor was in charge of the European swap box previously. Yall might want to try PMing her.

wendyg
April 16th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I'd join the list, I think.

wg

Stevy
April 16th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I have things I'd like to swap! Mostly things that I bought on eBay that are beautiful but really ought to belong to someone with curlier / shorter / different-coloured hair.

I've also got a whole bunch of boxes about the place, since my husband is selling books on Amazon and therefore refuses to throw away any packaging material that comes to the house.

willowcandra
April 16th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I was really into the idea but I don't have anything I don't want right now...Just a large ficcare dolphin clip but I only want a medium ficcare for that bit too specific for a box lol. I am sure loads of others would be interested. Give the uk social group a prod!

BeeLady
April 16th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I don't know anything about the UK social group.............................

I'm happy any way around but I really can't take responsibility for a swap box right now. I'm sorry loves but I need to be busy about other stuff. If someone wants to take it on I will happily ship it with the greatest of pleasure!! There's not a LOT, but I only ever got about three addresses before you see so.............................

willowcandra
April 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
pm-ing you bees.:)

wendyg
April 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM
What's involved reponsibilitywise?

wg

kimki
April 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm happy to help as well. :)

jojo
April 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
count me in, I'm up for a swap box, postage might get expensive though if outside the UK but im definitely interested. I got some hair sticks and other clips, let me know and I can have a shop around for some treats!

BeeLady
April 20th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Jel was first into my PM box so the stuff will go to her initially and you can organise yourselves!!

As I say, I'm sorry to be a pain, but I really really NEED to get as much stuff out of my house as can be passed on/otherwise delegated however small it might seem!! (I'm back to feeling like I live in one of those puzzles where you move all the squares around to make a picture).

Many thanks for all the responses and offers of help - I really appreciate it more than I can express right now.

Anlbe
April 20th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Sounds like a plan, I'd be happy to help although I'm about to start living out of a suitcase from May-September so I can probably only handle smaller stuff until the autumn.

soleluna
April 20th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I'm in for a europe swap box.

jojo
April 20th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Jel was first into my PM box so the stuff will go to her initially and you can organise yourselves!!

As I say, I'm sorry to be a pain, but I really really NEED to get as much stuff out of my house as can be passed on/otherwise delegated however small it might seem!! (I'm back to feeling like I live in one of those puzzles where you move all the squares around to make a picture).

Many thanks for all the responses and offers of help - I really appreciate it more than I can express right now.

sent you my details my dear!

levelek
April 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Send it to me ;)
[snip]

LOL :p
I'm afraid my toy "collection" is pitiful so I can't really contribute, but I hope it takes off.

Leisha
April 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm in for a europe swap box.
I'd love a euro swap box too, but I guess it would be very expensive to send it. I checked the Belgian Post website, for me sending a package internationally (within Europe) would cost 6 euro (<350g), 9 euro (<1kg), 18 euro (<2 kg) or 26 euro (< 5kg) :(

I couldn't afford that right now unfortunately.

And the last two European swap boxes dissappeared I believe... I guess that could be just bad luck though, maybe it would be third time lucky...

jel
April 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM
As I said before, I am happy to organise a UK swap box. I'm afraid that international post would make the whole enterprise prohibitively expensive.

Once I receive the items I'll start a dedicated thread, but feel free to sign up on this thread too (or through PM).

This is exciting!!! :D

Saranne772
April 26th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I would sign up for the UK swap box. I have a few things that could be put in it and would enjoy looking for others. So long as it wasnt too big of course

anna1850
April 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'd like to have the swap box too. Although preferably in June or later as I'm a bit busy doing Uni work at the moment.

I think the European thing could be possible, if we kept it in the UK first as there seem to be lots of people here. And then, maybe if there were like 5 or more people from Holland or Germany or somewhere we could send it round there. It would have to be well-organised though as it would be wasteful if it kept going back and forth between countries.

soleluna
June 27th, 2008, 06:09 AM
So.. is the European swap box starting?

jojo
June 29th, 2008, 06:27 PM
count me in! I got a few things for the collection!

SHELIAANN1969
June 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
OMG JoJo, do you actually have to wear that habit? (aka, the flying nun) or was that a JOKE??? omg omg omg!!!!

jojo
June 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
OMG JoJo, do you actually have to wear that habit? (aka, the flying nun) or was that a JOKE??? omg omg omg!!!!

LMAO! no it was a fancy dress! the photos are in my album / 2 nuns, a priest and a baby' I actually wet myself at your comment on my profile!!!:cheese:

Eboshi
July 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
The administrators and moderators of TLHC have come to the conclusion that TLHC can no longer be a vehicle for supporting the Swap boxes. This is based on the development of numerous ongoing issues relating to them.

We regret the disappointment and inconvenience that this may cause some members. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

This thread is closed.