PDA

View Full Version : hi... advice plz...

taz101
April 14th, 2008, 02:52 AM
hi ... i am new in this forum... i need some advice on growing my hair long... my hair is very thin and and has a very slow growth rate... any advise what i should use or take to grow my hair longer?...

thanx.... :):)

Hypnotica
April 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM
hi ... i am new in this forum... i need some advice on growing my hair long... my hair is very thin and and has a very slow growth rate... any advise what i should use or take to grow my hair longer?...

Take a look in the Articles section.

birdiefu
April 14th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I second that you should probably browse the Article and use the search engine for relevant info, but here is a bit more that may help out since you are very new. First of all, heat styling, chemicals (dye, perms, etc), and non-hair friendly accessories can cause your hair to break. Depending on how damaged, the breakage can even equal your growth rate, leading to what seems like hair that doesn't grow. Protective styling and gentle handling, making sure you have proper nutrition, and maintaining a proper moisture balance all can help tons.

ETA: If you give us some more specific info on your hair history, washing methods, things you have tried to improve your hair, etc...we could probably give more specific advice.

spidermom
April 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Here's what you need the most: patience.

angelthadiva
April 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
First of all, welcome! :flower:

Update your post w/your hair type and current routine...We can help more if we know what you are working with. There is a lot of info here and it can be very overwhelming...You might be like me, and want to try everything...

I started a journal at the old LHC before the big crash of 08 and kept track of everything I tried, and what worked and what didn't...That was very helpful...We don't have journals here, they are now blogs...I think you might have to be a member longer though.

saracuda
April 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm a slow grower, too, so my advice is have patience and don't lose hope, and treat your hair as nice as you would any other part of your body.

Emme76
April 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Welcome :D!
I am fairly new here also!!! My hair is just below the jaw and I am trying to grow it long - so I know your feeling...my hair has an ok growth rate, but it is very thin.

As many already told you. Read the different articles section and the different threads. You will find alot of good info there. After reading, figure out what type of hair you have and then try different things that your hair might like. I canged my routin ALOT. From what brush I use, how often I wash , the treatments I do, I donīt blowdry that often (from everyday to once a week .....pretty good for an old blowdryer addict)...

And as many say...patience.....this is so hard! And frustration just to wait and wait...But I figured that I need to try to forget about my hair. Put it up in a ponytail or clips and just let it be....It is difficult but it is the best way to let it grow. Take care of it and wear it up alot.

That is some advice from a newbie :cheese:!!!!!
Take care and good luck...
/Emme

sweetlidlred
April 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM
The best thing that I did was stop blow drying and flat ironing my hair. I did not even blow dry everyday, it was only three time per week. My hair has gained more length in the last 3 months than in the previous year.

Xanthippe
April 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM

What is your routine now? What products do you use on your hair? How do you wear it normally? How often do you cut or trim your hair? These are all factors that will affect the growth rate, health, and thickness of your hair. The more specific you are, the more people here will be able to help :flower:

You might have a slow growth rate because of breakage, cutting off all the growth, or genetics. Or, perhaps you have an average growth rate (half an inch per month) but are expecting more dramatic results in a short amount of time.