PDA

View Full Version : dyed hair question?!?

templeofvenus
August 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have dyed my hair for a while with naturtint in ebony black and I wondered if I wanted to go to a very dark brown what do I do? can I just start applying the dark brown (same make) dye on my next root touch up and comb through and gradually change the hair to dark brown over time?

amaiaisabella
August 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Unless your black dye will fade considerably (and I wouldn't count on it, it never seems to fade when you want it to!), you can try the honey lightening thread, or Color Oops/Fix. There's lots of great threads around the board about fading dark dye, and blending it with other colors :)

heatherdazy
August 4th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Do NOT apply the brown color over the black. All it will do it contribute to a build up of pigment. Boxed color cannot remove the black pigment from your hair. Your best bet is to just do your roots the color you like and try to get the black to fade out.

Zombiekins
August 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah, just give it some time. I used naturatint in black and it faded *a lot* for a "permanent" black. It's probably been six months now and the only reason my length is dark is because of the dozens of henna applications since then. In light my hair is a deep purpley-red color down the length and in bright light it's brighter. No black to be had.

So just give it a few months, maybe even washing with regular shampoos with sulfates n' stuff, maybe some deep oilings, and eventually it'll fade away to the point where you can probably put the dark brown on and it'll actually be dark brown instead of black. :)

templeofvenus
August 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, just give it some time. I used naturatint in black and it faded *a lot* for a "permanent" black. It's probably been six months now and the only reason my length is dark is because of the dozens of henna applications since then. In light my hair is a deep purpley-red color down the length and in bright light it's brighter. No black to be had.

So just give it a few months, maybe even washing with regular shampoos with sulfates n' stuff, maybe some deep oilings, and eventually it'll fade away to the point where you can probably put the dark brown on and it'll actually be dark brown instead of black. :)

but what shall I do with the roots meantime? can I just put the brown dye on there and let the black fade on the rest of the length? I use sulfate and paraben free shampoo due to allergies so I can't really use regular shampoos but I know what you mean the colour does fade fairly quickly to a very dark reddish brown tint in the sunlight after 4 weeks so in time it would fade quite a bit I am sure