PDA

View Full Version : I posted another video....

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJRUFoahROo

I posted another YouTube video! Same styles as last time ('cept the last one) but a lot slower and more demonstrative. Also, no washday greasies and t-shirt.

Let me know what you think! My styles aren't very elaborate, but they work... ;)

Naamah
August 4th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Nice! I'll have to try that bun. :) My hair never stays for more than like half a second when I try to put it in a knot, it's too slippery. Haha.

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Nice! I'll have to try that bun. :) My hair never stays for more than like half a second when I try to put it in a knot, it's too slippery. Haha.

The first bun is my standard style, I wear it constantly.

The knot is my second-most ;D The knot holds pretty well actually, so long as you tighten it at the end. I don't need hairtoys with either of them if I only want it to hold short-term.

pdy2kn6
August 4th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I love all your videos, thanks so much for sharing. Your hairs so thick, it's great to watch.

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I love all your videos, thanks so much for sharing. Your hairs so thick, it's great to watch.

I've only got a couple, but thanks!

Aditi
August 4th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I loved your videos your tutorials were excellent :) I liked your Ficcare hairstyle and can't wait to try it out.

Cindi Eponabri
August 4th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I love them all. Is there something I could use instead of a Ficcare? I just can't afford those right now.

pixiedoo
August 4th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Your videos are great and your hair is gorgeous :)

Now I've just got to wait until my hair is long enough to do them......good inspiration though :)

Kanntara
August 4th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Whoo! I'm wearing one of the Ficarre styles today xD

plainjanegirl
August 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I really liked your video. And wow your hair is really thick isn't it? I don't have a ficarre yet. What size ficarre do you use?

TammySue
August 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the great video! I'll have to check out your other ones. You have glorious hair!!! :thud:

Cynder
August 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I used to wear that bun when I had my super long hair, I just never knew the name of it. Thank you for the styles

Chamomile betty
August 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Really nice bun and I liked it that you did it slower. You have beautiful hair.
I was into the music too :cheese:

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I love them all. Is there something I could use instead of a Ficcare? I just can't afford those right now.

You can use a hair slide or barrette too, if you have one of those, or maybe a flexi-8... Pretty much anything long that holds well. The ficcare is just easiest :)

plainjanegirl
August 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Would a flexi 8 work with the last one you showed?

I will have to take pics, but I finally managed the first one kinda (it didn't look like yours though) and I think I could even secure it with my old faithful bobby pins. But the second one I think I need more length cause it just isn't working for me.

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Would a flexi 8 work with the last one you showed?

I will have to take pics, but I finally managed the first one kinda (it didn't look like yours though) and I think I could even secure it with my old faithful bobby pins. But the second one I think I need more length cause it just isn't working for me.

Maybe-- I'm not certain, honestly, never having used a flexi-8. It just needs to be something secure that won't slip.

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Really nice bun and I liked it that you did it slower. You have beautiful hair.
I was into the music too :cheese:
Thanks! I wasn't terribly pleased with my hair in the video, it always looks so floofy and flyaway... all those baby hairs make it look horrid compared to all the smooth, sleek hair I see here.

Yes, that song was eating my brain yesterday :)

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I used to wear that bun when I had my super long hair, I just never knew the name of it. Thank you for the styles

Awesome! I don't know if it has another name, but this name seemed to fit it about right.

You're welcome!

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the great video! I'll have to check out your other ones. You have glorious hair!!! :thud:
Thanks for the compliment! :)

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I really liked your video. And wow your hair is really thick isn't it? I don't have a ficarre yet. What size ficarre do you use?

Thanks! My hair, oddly enough, isn't really very thick... as far as I can figure, the hairs just stand apart from eachother, giving me the illusion of thickness. I'm not too certain why-- hairtype probably.

I use the large Maximas-- it's the only one with enough space to hold my hair, and generally I feel like if the bump was bigger it would hold better... the sides of it don't touch when it's in my hair-- they've usually got plenty of space left, which ends up in my styles falling out or being a bit cockeyed. Ah well. It works perfectly well for half-down styles!

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Your videos are great and your hair is gorgeous :)

Now I've just got to wait until my hair is long enough to do them......good inspiration though :)

Thanks! You'll get there! ;)

janeytilllie
August 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Your tutorial videos are great :D
I can't to try the styles out when my hair is longer :)

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Your tutorial videos are great :D
I can't to try the styles out when my hair is longer :)

Thanks!! You're getting there :) You can probably do the ficcare style though! ;)

(Good to see you around again! I haven't seen you in a while! <3)

janeytilllie
August 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks!! You're getting there :) You can probably do the ficcare style though! ;)

(Good to see you around again! I haven't seen you in a while! <3)

Thank you nowxisxforever :flower:
Once my hair is too long for a peacock twist I will be trying out your ficcare hair flip style with my new hair slide :D

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you nowxisxforever :flower:
Once my hair is too long for a peacock twist I will be trying out your ficcare hair flip style with my new hair slide :D

Awesome!! Be sure to report back with how it works! :)

Nyghtingale
August 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I like that last one, think i'll wear it tomorrow. thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

nowxisxforever
August 4th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I like that last one, think i'll wear it tomorrow. thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Welcome! I wore it today-- the only things I'd want to mention are that it does slip somewhat, at least in my hair, so it requires redoing every once in a while-- and it holds better if you twist it very tightly just before clipping. It'll slip if it's loose at all. It may help it stay better if you pin down the twist as well! I used my new hair screw to add staying power to it ;)

JamieLeigh
August 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I love the knot!! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to try this. :D

nowxisxforever
August 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I love the knot!! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to try this. :D

Welcome!! Let me know if you need any more info :)

GlassEyes
August 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I WANNA TRY. ): Too bad my hair is too short.

Looks like a good vid though. :D

nowxisxforever
August 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I WANNA TRY. ): Too bad my hair is too short.

Looks like a good vid though. :D

It'll get longer!!

eresh
August 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I really like your beebutt variation!

nowxisxforever
August 6th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I really like your beebutt variation!

Thanks! I like it too ;)