PDA

View Full Version : So happy so happy!! I can't contain myself :)

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
:cheese: ok everyone, I promise not to start another thread of happiness about my hair until next month :)

I was going to wait until the 20th to measure my hair but I gave in and did it today. I am at 13 inches!!!!!:cheese:

I know...I know...that is extremelly shabby compared to most of you, but it is such an acomplishment to me since my hair was pixie short in 2008!!!

My hair goal is 30 inches which means another year and a half if not longer, but I am sure I can get there if I hang around here with you :)

I am including some pics I took today (after a wash, before my curls start forming ringlets) so you can see where I am at:

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/luckypenny68/Hair%20progress/hair080309004-1.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/luckypenny68/Hair%20progress/hair080309003.jpg

ANd this is the "texture" of my hair when the curls start to form ringlets:

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/luckypenny68/Hair%20progress/hair080309001.jpg

My hair shrinks up a lot when it is dry, but the curls are starting to get heavier and heavier so they are starting to look a lot nicer. Plus, my change in hair regimen is helping my curls look better too. My goal is to be able to wear my hair in it's natural curly state all the way down to my waist :) Wish me luck!!!!

PS: Yes I love you all for being so helpful and supportive :)

BlndeInDisguise
August 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Congratulations! I LOVE your curls! Your hair looks GREAT. :D

Lady Mary
August 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on your progress!

Silver & Gold
August 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Your hair looks a LOT longer than 13" to me. Is that a typo or did you measure from the crown rather than the hairline in the front?

dernhelm
August 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Your hair does look a lot longer than 13". How are you measuring? (Wondering if I've been measuring wrong:doh:)

marikamt
August 3rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
It looks A LOT longer than 13"....

ipickee
August 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Congrats on the growth. I'd love to have consistent curls like yours!

Charlotte
August 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Wow! You really do have beautiful curly hair! It's going to look incredible when you reach your goal. :)

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Congratulations! I LOVE your curls! Your hair looks GREAT. :D

THank you for your kindness and support :)

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Your hair looks a LOT longer than 13" to me. Is that a typo or did you measure from the crown rather than the hairline in the front?

I measured from the crown! My daughter thinks it is longer too because it looks longer than 13 in. but that is what we got from the crown. I hope I did it right

Copasetic
August 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Your hair definitely looks longer than 13 inches :D

And your length is not shabby at all. You look to be about, or approaching APL. That's a huge milestone!!

Copasetic
August 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
I measured from the crown! My daughter thinks it is longer too because it looks longer than 13 in. but that is what we got from the crown. I hope I did it right

Are you measuring from the crown and then down your back? On me, 13 inches is the distance from my crown to my neck :P

tommiefromva
August 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Looks great

spidermom
August 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh my; it does look good. Most of us measure starting at the hairline above the forehead. It's a good spot because it doesn't change. Starting from the crown, there's no reference. You could easily be off by 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Oh my; it does look good. Most of us measure starting at the hairline above the forehead. It's a good spot because it doesn't change. Starting from the crown, there's no reference. You could easily be off by 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

the hair from my hairline above the forehead is much shorter than the rest of my hair because I had side swept bangs. I grabbed hair (a strand) from the crown and measured it all the way to the tip.

Here are my curls (and they are not even dried all the way):

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/luckypenny68/Hair%20progress/hair080309005.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/luckypenny68/Hair%20progress/hair080309006.jpg

Silver & Gold
August 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM

That explains it. Here people measure from the hairline because it is easier to be consistent with this spot. The crown is not an easy spot to consistently find the same place so the numbers can vary more. So if you measure from the hairline you're going to get a much larger number.

pradabacon
August 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I have lots of layers in my hair, so I would get a million measurements depending on where I happened to grab. Most people here measure from the center of the front hairline, back across the top of the head, and down the back to the longest section for their measurement. That way you know you are always putting the end of the tape measure in the same place and covering the same distance as you go along every time you measure. It is much more accurate that way and helps you track your growth. Try it! You are much longer than 13" that way! :laugh:

Your hair is lovely, btw. Nice curls!

paprikapapaya
August 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
That's awesome! I'm growing out a pixie cut and this gives me hope that mine won't be short forever (it's beginning to feel that way!)

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
That's awesome! I'm growing out a pixie cut and this gives me hope that mine won't be short forever (it's beginning to feel that way!)

Keep going! your hair will definetly get longer and before you know it you will have hair flowing down your back :)

I was a pixie too. I used to wear my hair super short, bleached, and spiked :( I am soooo glad those days are over!

Addy
August 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Your hair looks great.

To measure your hair from the front hairline, basically, you're starting at the front and the measure goes over the top of your head and falls to the back. I bet you're more like 18". :cool:

luckypenny
August 3rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
Your hair looks great.

To measure your hair from the front hairline, basically, you're starting at the front and the measure goes over the top of your head and falls to the back. I bet you're more like 18". :cool:

omigosh...I hope you are right!

Alia
August 3rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
What a gorgeous color! Love the curls, too. :)

kmouse43
August 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
Oooh! I am so happy for you! I remember going from short to where you are now and how thrilled I was!! The rest will be easier! Congratulations! I love your curls!

tommiefromva
August 4th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Beautiful hair

Bunnyhare
August 4th, 2009, 05:45 AM
your hair looks beautiful! and you will be happier measuring from the front top of your forehead hair line ...all the layer don't count when you are measuring length.. unless you want to know what they are..its beautiful! congrats!!

Chrissy
August 4th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Please remeasure the LHC way. Mine is 17.5 and yours look much longer than mine. Do it so we can know!! :) Oh btw your hair looks wonderful!!!

Locksmith
August 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Ohhhh, pretty pretty curls! :D Love it, it looks so touchable! Congrats on your progress!

Curlsgirl
August 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Oh yes very pretty! :love:

luckypenny
August 4th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Please remeasure the LHC way. Mine is 17.5 and yours look much longer than mine. Do it so we can know!! :) Oh btw your hair looks wonderful!!!

I am going to do this today to see if I get it right :)

Thanks everyone for the support and for teaching me how to measure my hair ! Surely I'll learn soon :)

redneckprincess
August 4th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'll bet your at 23" or more measuring LHC Im at 19"(pictured in Aug pic on signature below) lovely hair though

JamieLeigh
August 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I love the curls!! :D Congrats on the growth! Every milestone is worth celebrating. :flower:

Islandgrrl
August 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Congratulations on 13"!!! Yay for you! Your hair is so pretty...I love your wurlies and the color is so chocolately!

redcelticcurls
August 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
You look way longer than 13" :)

Your waves and wurls are quite pretty.

Spike
August 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Ahh . . . I was gonna say that looks more like 20, but if you measured from the crown, I see where you got 13.

Standard LHC is from the hairline in front--it's easier to be sure you're measuring from the same point each time.

Your hair looks great, BTW. Love your wurls. Mine aren't quite organized enough to form ringlets--except in the baby hair at my temples which never grows more then 3-5 inches long. Look ma! Horns!!

sweetnmellow
August 5th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah it definitely looks like a 20'... I love the curls by the way they are so beautiful and defined nice job!!:D

rags
August 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I would guess about 19-20" too. It is gorgeous! I love your curls!