PDA

View Full Version : hair typing am I doing it right?

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I had always typed myself at a 2a/2b but I was typing myself on brushed hair....Now that I have done it correctly and have pictures Im thinking more like a 2b/2c or maybe even just a 2c

pics...http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture012.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture009-1.jpg

what do you think?

thanks for all your help, I know I have been quite annoying lately with all these posts, sorry :( :)

Roseate
August 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
I'd say 2b, it doesn't look like the ends are quite going all the way into spirals, though they might when you get a little more length. Looking good!

teela1978
August 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hard to tell till it gets longer (and as the bleach grows out, turns out some hair is much curlier/wavier when dyed). I'd say 2b though, to me 2c should have some true spirals showing up in the length.

kdaniels8811
August 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Angie - you are NOT annoying, I really enjoy reading your many posts! And your hair is getting longer and looks very healthy - congratulations! Just keep growing - smile!

Laurel32
August 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
I would try waiting and growing out as teela1978 said, I know that my virgin hair is straighter than my boxed dyed hair.

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
I'd say 2b, it doesn't look like the ends are quite going all the way into spirals, though they might when you get a little more length. Looking good!

its starting to spiral near the front, I couldnt capture that well but I hear what your saying

Angie - you are NOT annoying, I really enjoy reading your many posts! And your hair is getting longer and looks very healthy - congratulations! Just keep growing - smile!
well Im glad someone does, lol thanks, and I agree my hair (even this short) looks, feels healthier and softer then ever before

Nyghtingale
August 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Your hair is looking really healthy.

maskedrose
August 3rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'd say 2bish. It may straighten out once you cut off the bleached ends. I know I was a solid 2c when I had about 5 inches of damaged ends, since the curls on the bottom pulled the rest into loose ringlets. Now that they're gone though, I'm more of a 2a/2b. I have a feeling I'll straighten to a 2a as it gets longer. Your virgin parts are looking lovely though!

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Your hair is looking really healthy.
oh wow thank you, that means alot!!

Yeah, I'd say 2bish. It may straighten out once you cut off the bleached ends. I know I was a solid 2c when I had about 5 inches of damaged ends, since the curls on the bottom pulled the rest into loose ringlets. Now that they're gone though, I'm more of a 2a/2b. I have a feeling I'll straighten to a 2a as it gets longer. Your virgin parts are looking lovely though!
yeah I figured it would change over time all on its own, it will be quite sometime before I cut off the bleached parts though

GlassEyes
August 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Aren't you growing out a chemical straightener? I don't think you can accurately be typed yet...

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Aren't you growing out a chemical straightener? I don't think you can accurately be typed yet...
that is true, and I know that will change over time and as I cut off the damage/bleach/straightning perm. but it still has to be considered something for the time being

Tyrinaniel
August 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, you'd have to let it grow out. I wouldn't cut off the colored part, actually. Or, if it was me, I'd wait until it got really long. You can repair your damaged hair, so don't worry about that. Look around the forum and see what you think works best for that aspect. If hair can be salvaged, why cut? :D

teela1978
August 3rd, 2009, 09:32 PM

I miss my loose ringlets.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/lchamber78/hair11-2-06.jpg
Almost makes me want to dye again