PDA

View Full Version : different places different um hair?

Dez
August 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
So at home lately after going co my hair has stopped being so triangle shapped when dry and is curlier. However it still has these strands that are just as long as the rest of my hair but for some reason they frizz up and look crazy. But at my mom's where it's a little cooler those strands laid down and were tame and my hair looked great! Then on to my dad's about 70 mi. north of my mom and it's even cooler there and my hair was still curly and the those little strands stayed down, however all my hair was frizzy! So weird how the different places affect my hair. I tried to get my husband to move where my hair looks great! LOL :o

Amara
August 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
LOL! I'm going to travel around now and find out where my hair looks best and them move there!

embee
August 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Heh. My hair tends to looks best (well, my wispies look best) after I've been working in my garden. Hot and sweaty makes my wispies curl up and look cute instead of stringing down or sticking out straight. I figured it was the humidity.

Fun to notice these things, though, even as we know we're not moving to where our hair looks great! ;)

heatherdazy
August 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
So true! My hair can only be worn straight here in Arizona (unless I curl it, of course), but when I was on vacation in Hawaii, I wore it wavy with no styling every day!

adiapalic
August 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I've always thought of this when I travel. It seems that everything from the changing temperatures, humidity, wind, to what kind of water you wash with all make your hair look different wherever you are.

My hair was much more manageable in the cool and fresh coastal breezes in San Diego, CA--whereas here in upstate South Carolina, the humidity makes me sweat and my hair goes wild. :laughs: :D

Backliteyes
August 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
Wow I read the title of this thread and really assumed the worst, my first thought was "gross". :rolleyes:

I've had my hair do all kinds of things in different places with varying ranges of humidity and temperature.

Tyrinaniel
August 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh trust me, the location makes a big difference for everything. The air quality really does affect everything, from how your joints ache to your hair. For instance, my best female friend has super curly blond hair, and it frizzes up when it's super humid. It doesn't matter how well she straightened her hair. My hair does fine during the summer where I live, but in the winter the fly aways come up.