PDA

View Full Version : Dry ends

aireenie
August 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
I use a sulfate free shampoo and leave in on the ends and a drop of oil its super soft but on the second day its becomes so dry and crunchy does anyone have any suggestions??

BlackfootHair
August 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
My ends were starting to feel very dry and tangled the last couple of days...I hadn't been using my DVCO. So, yesterday I slathered my ends, and length with the oil. At first when it went on, it still felt icky, but later they felt soft. It must have soaked in! :) Coconut oil will penentrate the hair shaft and go deep in the hair to actually condition it. Usually, if my hair feels dry, I just keep oiling till it feels better. Sometimes it is a real up hill battle, especially in winter.

aireenie
August 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
thanx im go get coconut oil ive been using jojoba i hope it helps !

Irishred
August 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
If adding extra conditioning treatment does not work, try clarifying then a heavy conditioning. You may want to look ant your ends and see if you have splits also. My ends get drier when I have a lot of splits and a good S&D does a world of good.

Roseate
August 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
If my hair is super dry it helps me to add some moisture as well as oil.

So on non-wash days I'll mist my ends either with just water, or some Kimberlily's defrizzing spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277), and then add more leave-in or oil. If my ends are already dry, just oiling them doesn't help me much.

BlackfootHair
August 3rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
thanx im go get coconut oil ive been using jojoba i hope it helps !

Yes, I think it's been said that jojoba is good at sealing the hair much like our own sebum does, thus sealing in any moisture already in the hair, but coconut will actually go inside the hair.

If I remember correctly. :)

heatherdazy
August 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Do any of your products contain protein? If so, you may want to take a break from it.

spidermom
August 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Search a little deeper on the Mane Forum. We've had so many threads about dry ends lately that several of them were merged into one. You are sure to find plenty of ideas that might help.

Amara
August 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
My hair didn't really like jojoba. I got the crunchies with it sometimes, too. I like coconut oil and shea butter instead.

Nyghtingale
August 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
I oil, but not as often as I should.