PDA

View Full Version : Back with a strong resolve and need a bit of help...

Laila23
August 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I joined this group back in October or November 2008. I was doing a SMT's weekly and I was getting a lot of shine and strength and growth and compliments, too.

Since January things have been hectic and have only recently calmed down and I have been able to devote more attention to my hair. I have always been oiling but I stopped my weekly SMT's. In June, I took off 4 inches to account for some thin ends which I now realize are due to wearing a braid daily and tying it off at the same location (ugh!).

Anyway, I have two questions for you guys.

1. Would it hurt if I did SMT's two times a week? I just can't believe how fast my hair loses moisture.....!

2. Any good updos that don't include a braid and tying at the end or a ponytail. I need a few nice bun-ny things that are kind of easy to do with my 1 hair stick. :D

Thanks so much!:)

P.S. It's nice to be back and see the new faces and the old faces and the growth/improvement everyone has been posting about. Very encouraging!:)

Katze
August 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone,
1. Would it hurt if I did SMT's two times a week? I just can't believe how fast my hair loses moisture.....!

2. Any good updos that don't include a braid and tying at the end or a ponytail. I need a few nice bun-ny things that are kind of easy to do with my 1 hair stick. :D

Thanks so much!:)

P.S. It's nice to be back and see the new faces and the old faces and the growth/improvement everyone has been posting about. Very encouraging!:)

Welcome back!

1. I did SMTs with every wash for a while, and it really helped my fragile, color treated, heat damaged hair improve. I don't see why 2x a week would be bad! You could also try misting your hair before you put it up or just using a bit of a leave-in treatment.

2. I just twist my hair and clip it up. I am bad at updos and my hair is very unruly (lots of wisps and layers) so things like headbands, bobby pins, barettes, or just making the messiness look like it is on purpose makes a big difference.

hth!

JamieRose
August 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
When I first came here with my very dry dry ends, doing SMT's at LEAST twice a week helped a lot. I still do one at least once a week, sometimes more, so I don't think that would be bad at all.