PDA

View Full Version : Make hair grow faster?

Vampire Girl 95
August 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Here's the thing, I want my hair to grow as fast as possible, however fast that is. I need tips for making my hair grow longer. I would rather they be a healthy treatment that I can do at home. I need all the help I can get. THANKS!:p

Aditi
August 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Whoa!!!! what's the rush??? Your hair will grow according to their natural growth rate but there is this scalp massage and oil massage tip that had helped some members in their growth.

Gumball
August 3rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
The first thing you should keep in mind about hair growth is how your body is doing. Nutrition, hydration, and health can play big parts in growth. Those should be top on the list for starters. Good luck!

Debra83
August 3rd, 2009, 12:47 AM
Eat well, sleep well, and make sure you treat your hair well - no tight clips or ponytail holders, be careful with brushing, do CWC's (conditioner - shampoo - conditioner) for starters.

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Biotin, scalp massage, paitence,TLC your ends ♥ You cant get it long by the time school starts this year. but you can by the time you start High School
I know just how you feel I want my hair long TOMORROW. wait maybe YESTERDAY. but its growing and by this time next year it will be longer

Áine
August 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
The best thing you can do to guarantee success towards your goal is to take the very best care of your hair. It can grow as fast as a weed, but if you aren't maintaining the body and ends, then all of that is a crap shoot. When your hair does grow out, you want it to look as nice and well cared for as possibly all the way down the length.

jojo
August 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Nobody's hair grows as slow as mine! but the key word is it grows, as long as it continues I will just have to hang on, time goes by quickly though. Your hair will be the length you want before you know it and the secret? Patience, not much more we can do!

spidermom
August 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Just to reiterate what everybody else is saying: take care of your health. Get enough good food (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat proteins), water, sleep, and exercise. Whatever you do for your health will help your hair to grow as fast as is possible for you. Try not to check the length too often. If you look at the length 9 times a day, you will never see progress. If you look once a month, you will.

Amara
August 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Treat it very gently - no brushes or heat treatment. Finger-comb or find a seamless comb, and let it air dry. Wear it up when you can.

jera
August 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
The first thing you should keep in mind about hair growth is how your body is doing. Nutrition, hydration, and health can play big parts in growth. Those should be top on the list for starters. Good luck!

Absolutely. Nutrition and good health are very important for hair gowth. For faster growth, I'd try botin, zinc, Vitamin D, and I'd add gelatin to my diet. You might want to try an Indian herbal hair masque of Cassia and Amla on your hair too. It will improve the conditon and stregthen your hair. :D

Roseate
August 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Yup, take care of yourself and be patient. I like taking photos of the back of my head, so I can see the length changing over time- even though it doesn't feel like it's growing, I can look back and see the difference.

Some people see faster growth with monistat (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156), if you feel like resorting to off-label pharmaceuticals. (And given your age, it may not be that easy to explain to your parents why you want to buy so much yeast-infection cream all of a sudden!;))

Bene
August 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
(And given your age, it may not be that easy to explain to your parents why you want to buy so much yeast-infection cream all of a sudden!;))

You know, I had thought about mentioning the coochie cream, but I thought against it considering the thread starter's age. :D It's fairly pricey, and there's only so much expendable cash parents are willing to shell out before they start asking questions :rollin:

redneckprincess
August 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
You know, I had thought about mentioning the coochie cream, but I thought against it considering the thread starter's age. :D It's fairly pricey, and there's only so much expendable cash parents are willing to shell out before they start asking questions :rollin: but if I remember correctly...her mom is a very active member here so Im sure she would understand

Vampire Girl 95
August 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all of your tips!!! I really appreciate them all^_^

inWaiting
August 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
well i was wondering if the monistat is still working for people. it seems in the previous threads i have read on it, the people who post tend to taper off and new people are trying. i am wondering if this was a fad or if there are people who had great results and continue to use or if it turned out to be just imagination or something. i did however purchase some three days ago and have used it twice so far. so my Q is anyone who used it, how great were your results and do you still use it?