PDA

View Full Version : Hair type help

sallopia
August 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I need help deciding my hair type. The waves seem like 2a to me but there are definitely bits of spirals too which is more 2c. What do you guys think?

My pic is untouched but after my first conditioner only wash so it's probably a lttle bit straighter than usual.

Thanks

Siava
August 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Many people have different types throughout the scalp. For the most part, I agree that you have 2a hair. It's totally possible to have 2a and a bit of 3a-3b as well if you've got some spirals going on. To type on a message board though, I'd go with what's the most prominant. From the looks of your avatar photo, it looks to be 2a to me.

florenonite
August 3rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
I'd go with 2a, too. I have myself typed as a 1c/2a, because the majority of my hair looks like that, even though I get some spirals round the temples and nape, something that the hairtyping system associates with 2c and 3s. Where those spirals are relevant, I mention them, but otherwise people can understand the majority of my hairtype from my 1c/2a / F / iii classification. Like Siava said, go with what's most prominent.