PDA

View Full Version : how is your hair reacting to the warm weather?

buttons
April 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I live in the bay area (California) so I'm used to sudden changes of weather, but in the past 3 or so days we've gotten the most out-of-nowhere heat wave in a while.
My hair is way drier and frizzier (if its possible to be any frizzier) on the length, and my scalp seems more oily (maybe its just the sweating.)
To combat some of the dryness I've been conditioning more often.

So I was just wondering, how does your hair react to warmer weather? And what do you change in your regi during the warmer months?

Michiru
April 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm loving it. In the winter by scalp is more oily and the ends are more dry. In the warmer weather the oil on my scalp melts and improves the general condition.

Shermie Girl
April 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
My hair gets really oily in warmer weather. Then when Monsoon Season rolls in, the humidity makes it expand into a poufy mess. :demon:

AJoifulNoise
April 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
We had a few warm days, but not enough to really make any difference yet. I do think spring is prime time for beautiful hair days for me. When it gets too hot each of my hairs spiral out of control because of the humidity (yay for living near the water!). In the winter the heat in the house and the cold wind dries out my hair... Yeah, spring is the best.

I feeling the urge to wear my hair down more with the nicer days. I guess I'm unfolding like a spring flower.

wintersun99
April 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM

buttons
April 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I spoke too soon...the weather just turned foggy and grey. Ah, so much for spring.

lulabelle
April 13th, 2008, 08:20 PM
My hair is loving the weather right now. My hair and skin like humid weather, and even though it's usually dry where I live, it's more humid now than it usually is. In the winter my hair and skin are just dry dry dry!!!!

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM
weve only had a few warmish days but my hair has behaved so far!

Lizbot
April 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I live in an area that is technically subtropical, and it seems the major issues are:

My scalp gets a bit oiler. To rectify this, I actually wash my hair less often, and it produces oil more regularly after two weeks or so.

My waves fall a bit flat. Though oddly enough, the curls near the nape of my neck and some near my temples get even crazier. I have no clue how to rectify this, but it certainly makes an interesting look for updos.

eadwine
April 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
"how is your hair reacting to the warm weather?"

Warm weather? What warm weather? :lol:

I actually don't know.. last summer wasn't hot at all, unlike the summer before, so I didn't really notice anything strange. Before last summer that I never paid attention to it really, I only started growing somewhere in May.

But I think I will have to mist it more often to make sure it is nice and moisturized throughout the day.

lora410
April 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
My hair loves it!!! It started growing again.:cheese:

Druid of Alba
April 14th, 2008, 10:08 AM
If its dry heat than it goes straight, if it is really humid heat than it goes a bit wavy.

Katze
April 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
heh, the warm weather? what warm weather? Last I saw sun was...uh...dunno.

When it's warm it tends to get humid here (heck, cold and damp is humid too...right?) and I get nicer spirals and wavier hair in general. In fact, living in NYc, where it's more humid than where I'm from, was the first time I realized I had wavy hair...

freznow
April 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
My hair is loving it. Less splits already!