PDA

View Full Version : Guess what my hairdresser just told me?

Ramona_Fosca
August 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
I went to a hairdresser yesterday and thought I should share my experiences...

I thought a tiny trim might be necessary and I was determined to do something about my colour. I really tried to befriend my natural colour (thanks to a passionate statement from our Katze), but, alas, I could not. I am a medium to dark ash blond and I wanted it lighter than that.

So here's what happened:

I told her I wanted to grow my hair and asked her to be really careful with the trimming. She had a close look at my ends and said...

"Well, if you want to grow it I am not going to cut. Your ends look just fine, really no need for a trim".

Than we discussed colour and she said...

"You would not want to go too light, apart from damaging your hair light blond hardly ever looks natural on people after the age of 14. Considering you want to grow we should be as careful with the bleach as possible".

When she was done she asked me whether she should blow-dry it or if I wanted to do that myself (you get away cheaper when you do it yourself). I told her I stayed away from a blow-dryer whenever possible and she said...

"That's an excellent decision, that's probably why your hair is in such good shape."

Not exactly what I expected from a hairdresser in what lookes like a very traditional salon in a small town.:)

Guess who has found a returning customer ?

Medievalmaniac
August 1st, 2009, 04:14 AM
Congratulations - she's a keeper!!! Tip well, and return often! :)

Idun
August 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM
Congratulations! A good hairdresser certainly is hard to find!

Allegra
August 1st, 2009, 04:44 AM
Oh wow, you are so lucky to have found a hairdresser like that, I would have had to keep pinching myself to make sure i'm not dreaming! My hairdresser does my colour so nicely but i have to fight with him not to trim it and i have to make up elaborate excuses (lies!) as to why i dont want to be 50 million products off him!!

LutraLutra
August 1st, 2009, 04:55 AM
Wow, that's great. Perhaps they're a secret member of this board? :wink:

Tabitha
August 1st, 2009, 04:58 AM
That's so nice to hear! I'm always happy to read about people's good experience with hairdressers because sometimes on LHC I feel hairdressers as a group get an unfair bad rap.

Melisande
August 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
I'd like to go to this hairdresser. In which part of Germany is it? I'm in the Rhineland at the moment, next week in Berlin... and feel I have to get rid of my age-old ends. So let me know, please!

Flynn
August 1st, 2009, 05:29 AM
O.o I would never have guessed that. That's great! Congrats!

Lamb
August 1st, 2009, 05:42 AM
That's great. There are some good stylists out there, it's a pity their "press" is not so extensive!

melrose1985
August 1st, 2009, 06:00 AM
Very cool!

Stephichan
August 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
That's great! Congratulations on such a good find!

Addy
August 1st, 2009, 06:56 AM
I believe you found a good stylist, not one who does what she wants just to do it. She really cares about your hair and that is so cool! :cool:

I have been thinking of a trim too but I have no splits so I'm waiting until the end of the year/new year for that trim, if anything, to trim off some of the chemical dye on my ends because I'm growing out color.

ericthegreat
August 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM
If only there were more hairstylists like her who instead of concerning themselves with making a quick buck actually care about their clients needs and desires.

Phalaenopsis
August 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
I would have loved to see the colour difference.

Did she put highlights in your hair?

Aditi
August 1st, 2009, 07:29 AM
Don't let her go away, she is a keeper for sure :)

embee
August 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
You are fortunate. Maybe we could have a list somewhere of "good" long hair stylists - long hair friendly ones.

spidermom
August 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
I was just looking at your album; lovely hair; lovely color. I'm glad you have a terrific stylist.

Unofficial_Rose
August 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
There are some excellent stylists out there.

I once had a hideous colour (orange) and cut (shaggy bob) mistake turned into a natural-looking blonde sleek cut by an utterly fantastic hairdresser. Oh my, the difference it made to my self-confidence was huge.

Glad you've found a good one!

Debra83
August 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Way to go! Does she have a sister?!!!

Bellalalala
August 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM
That's wonderful!!!

nowxisxforever
August 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
How wonderful! Sounds like a keeper, definitely :)

astraldeva
August 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Wow I've never heard of a hairdresser like that before! well not over here anyway.
you are so lucky... I never go to hairdressers now as i've had several nightmares experiences. the only one I found that I could trust was in London and she charged £80 two years ago for a C&BD which I think is crazy just for what i want (a tiny trim) . I always do my colouring myself but I'm a brunette going blonde - and for a blonde it's hard to get someone to get the colour right I think (I used to be a hilighted blonde until I realised I look better brown!).
she's definitely a keeper. what colour did she choose and are you happy with the effect?

LittleOrca
August 1st, 2009, 10:33 AM
It's so good to hear a positive hair dresser story amongst the sea of bad experiences we seem to have. :cheer: