PDA

View Full Version : My 5 month progress( pic heavy )

HeatherLarsen
July 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone.

I was going to wait until 6 months to make a post but after looking at pictures of my last cut I was astonished.

So here is my story so far:

Eight years ago I cut all of my hair off. I have had hair no longer than about six inches or so ever since. (See photo albums)

On November 18th 2008 I decided to stop coloring my hair. The end of February 2009 I decided to lop off the last of the color on my head to have completely virgin hair for the growth process. This left me with about 1-2 inches of hair all over and less than 1/2 inch in the back. Since then I haven't cut and I created an entirely new hair regime, thanks to LHC.

My first goal is APL and from there I plan to go and long as I can!

I blow dried my hair for the first time in months to get an accurate length shot.

Before:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/flappersinnylons/CAMERA258.jpg

After:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/flappersinnylons/CAMERA309.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/flappersinnylons/CAMERA307.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/flappersinnylons/CAMERA303.jpg

My biggest beef right now is my pixies being so long and wiry looking. Also I am getting a killer mullet in the back ( BARF )! My natural hair color is really shiny and slightly red which sadly was a shock to me LOL. My hair is so health right now that I could hang a bowling ball from one strand... okay not really but it feels like it.

GO SHORTIES GO!

Heavenly Locks
July 31st, 2009, 08:53 PM
WOW! :bigeyes: Your hair is gorgeous! I really do love the color and it's amazing at this length and will be amazing at all your lengths. Great growing :D

RancheroTheBee
July 31st, 2009, 08:54 PM
:) That's some amazing progress.

LisaB234
July 31st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Your hair is SO shiny and healthy looking! And you have a lovely color. Look at all of that growth. Keep doin' whatever you're doing - it's working!

HeatherLarsen
July 31st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. Has anyone else had a drastic hair color change after having kids? My hair was a level 6 neutral blonde my whole life. Now that I have my natural hair color back it is completely different, and all I can think is that the hormonal change of having my two daughters changed my haircolor. As you can see I am not a level 6 I am more like a 4 with a very red base! INSANE!

Stephunny
July 31st, 2009, 09:12 PM
Yay!

Ohh, and I :heart: the color too!

Rohele
July 31st, 2009, 10:11 PM
Yay for healthy hair! It looks good!

Thanks guys. Has anyone else had a drastic hair color change after having kids?!

Mine went a lot darker and of course I blame the kids for all the gray hairs that have been popping up. :p

HeatherLarsen
July 31st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Darker is common I guess, mine became darker as well. Has anyone experienced a drastic change is tone?

Tressie
July 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM
Growing great and looking good! (o:

adiapalic
July 31st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Very good progress! Congratulations!

HeatherLarsen
July 31st, 2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks. Who else has grown from a pixie over a long period of time. I know there are several of you out there and I have seen a few. I am very interested to see your progress pics over time to help me relate my goals visually.

jojo
August 1st, 2009, 05:12 AM
I love your hair, its in lovely condition and will get even better as time goes on.

Keep up the good work!

toodramatik
August 1st, 2009, 05:18 AM
Great pics. You have the same texture as me & I'm at where you were when you started :D

Yay for inspiration

melikai
August 1st, 2009, 05:40 AM
Congratulations on your progress! Your natural colour is gorgeous!

My mother has told me that her hair went a fair amount darker after having kids, and also her hair texture changed from very straight to quite wavy. Hormones do weird things.

Stephichan
August 1st, 2009, 06:18 AM
Wow, that's great growth you have! Congratulations!

Aditi
August 1st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Congratulations for a very good progress :thumbsup:

Lilli
August 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
My hair got darker and wavier during each pregnancy, but seems to have come up a bit in color since my last baby last year. Not as drastic as your change, though. I love your style. It doesn't look mullety at all - it looks really great!!!

Garnet66
August 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
You've made great progress so far. I really like your length. Congrats on your anniversary.

Cynder
August 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
I love your natural color!

My natura hair went from dirty blond to bleck after having kids (ok, I haven't had the roots long enough to see the real color yet) also.

And if its not to Stalkerish for me to say, I'm in Denton TX also.;)

spidermom
August 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Good growing! Your natural color is lovely.

kmouse43
August 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Good job! Keep it up... (the progress I mean, not "put it up").;)

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM
I love your natural color!

My natura hair went from dirty blond to bleck after having kids (ok, I haven't had the roots long enough to see the real color yet) also.

And if its not to Stalkerish for me to say, I'm in Denton TX also.;)

AWESOME! DENTON RULES!!

LutraLutra
August 1st, 2009, 11:39 AM
Great growth :cheer:. And I know exactly what you mean about the 'killer mullet' - that stage will end soon, I promise. :D

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
We should start a group called Magical Mullets for people in the pixie-mullet stage.

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
I have another question. Should I wait until all of my hair hits shoulder length to even out the length? The pixies or sideburns in the front are only 1/2 inch longer than the back of my hair but if you look at the pictures you will see the length around the ears shortens up quite a bit (like an inch). In the salon we call them "holes". My goal is to grow my hair out all one length or zero degrees with no bangs or layers. Once it gets to waist length I plan to decide on shaping the ends in the back.

P.S.) Can anyone help with a link that helps me relate my hair length to my height? I am 5 feet tall on the dot and I know that being short has it's advantages as far as growing length.

Pixna
August 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hi there, Heather! You're making great progress! The first time I had long hair, I grew it out from a buzz cut. This time around (yes, I stupidly cut my waist-length hair -- smacks forehead) I am growing out from a pixie (from August 2007). I don't have any progress pics from the pixie -- it was just too painful for me to record that time period. I started taking pics in January 2009, so you can see how far I came in 1 1/2 years. I have another series of progress pics from June 2009, so you can see the progress from January to June. (Just look in my album.)

I'm also 5 feet tall on the dot. When my hair was waist-length, I believe it was around 29 inches. We shorties are very lucky in terms of growing our hair long, as you acknowledged. We'll be at our goals before we know it! :gabigrin:

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hi there, Heather! You're making great progress! The first time I had long hair, I grew it out from a buzz cut. This time around (yes, I stupidly cut my waist-length hair -- smacks forehead) I am growing out from a pixie (from August 2007). I don't have any progress pics from the pixie -- it was just too painful for me to record that time period. I started taking pics in January 2009, so you can see how far I came in 1 1/2 years. I have another series of progress pics from June 2009, so you can see the progress from January to June. (Just look in my album.)

I'm also 5 feet tall on the dot. When my hair was waist-length, I believe it was around 29 inches. We shorties are very lucky in terms of growing our hair long, as you acknowledged. We'll be at our goals before we know it! :gabigrin:

Yay! I am so excited thanks so much for the help! 29 inches sounds very good to me. I am just so thankful I found this forum you guys. I'm seriously tearing up a little bit right now. You have no idea the vicious cycle I have been in the past 6 years, I was totally lost and as crazy as it sounds I lost a lot of self esteem. I finally feel like I have a grip on my goal and that this time I will not let go! I love you guys!

Spring
August 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Great progress!! Can you imagine how long it will be this time next year?

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
This time next year hopefully a healthy BSL. I am hoping that by X-mas this year I reach a healthy shoulder length.

redneckprincess
August 1st, 2009, 05:34 PM
terrific growth, looks good, and I dont see any mullett there the top is quite long...almost pont tail length ♥

LaFlor
August 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Your hair looks beautiful. I wish I had the guts to whack all the damage out of my hair and start from a virgin pixie. I think your color is wonderful and I look forward to seeing the 1 year progress.

HeatherLarsen
August 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah whacking it off for the sake of starting completely natural was a TOUGH decision and there are plenty of days when I wish I hadn't done it but I know it was the best decision overall. Now I don't have to deal with growing it out and lopping several inches off after it grows.

Lady Mary
August 1st, 2009, 11:35 PM
Good to see another shortie making progress, very inspiring!

HeatherLarsen
August 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Shorties can do it! Go shorties! Does anyone have advice as far as cutting my hair all one length? Also is there any suggestions on ways to hide the mullet other than putting it in a pony tail because I am not quite there yet.

Nyghtingale
August 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Wow, your progress is great. Love the color too.

Backliteyes
August 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
I definitely don't have the guts to hack off my damaged/colored hair either, I'd do it if I was going to live in a hole until it got down past my ears. I like to think it's shielding my new growth from damage. Eventually I'll slowly trim it off as I notice split or ragged ends.

Did you cut off a drastically different color?

windinherhair
August 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
That's a lot of growth! Congrats! :)

HeatherLarsen
August 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
This is right before I cut it all off to start over.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/flappersinnylons/new127.jpg

akshaywin
November 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
that is great progress!!