PDA

View Full Version : That TIme of Year for Holiday...But Dreading The Humidity Effects on My Mop!!! :(

Katie6699
July 31st, 2009, 10:17 AM
Im off back to Turkey in only 7 days..But, the worry of looking awful after the humidity starts to attack my hair in the evening is just making me dread it :mad: Here is a quick description of my hair, just so you know how awful I might possible look on my nights out! HEHE

- Short through previous breakage (healthy again now): Just below my neck, just touching shoulders.

- Curly, almost african carribean...Will not leave the house unless it is poker straight, as it still isn't in good shape, and just looks so short, and so out-of-shape when left.

- As soon as I step outside in the evening humidity, it curls right back up! Even if I tie it into a 'neat-ish' pony, the sides that won't go into the pony, or even when clipped back, just curl right back up and look awful, as theyr quite short, and only look decent when poker straight...

Right, you guys have helped me soooo much with all your advice about my hair, and finally, got it into a much better condition and starting to grow ever such a little bit :o

Perhaps you could help me out with this one? Hairspray doesnt do the trick. Humidty defying products maybe? I heard that dry hair soaks up humidity like a sponge, so perhaps putting coconut oil on my hair before going out? I'd just love the side of my hair to stay STRAIGHT...August is the worst time of year for humidity too...I'd love to look lovely on a night out.

Thanks Girls!!!....and Guys ;)

dernhelm
July 31st, 2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I can be of no help to you, I'm still trying to figure out my curly mop, too! I know what it feels like to be trying to have a good time and worrying about a frizzy, puffy mess on your head.

Just wanted to say have a nice vacation and bump this to the front again so maybe someone can help you out.;)

Katie6699
August 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Holiday drawing nearer! 3 days! just trying to bump this up a little x x

Sheltie_Momma
August 3rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
I have a lot of curly baby hairs, in humidity they curl up into an all over frizz. It's a really cute look (NOT!) What I do, especially on vacation is use a thin, wide, soft stretchy cotton headband. I have them in black and dark brown, they blend in with my hair well, and at night you really can hardly see them at all. This keeps my frizz under wraps and gives me a sleeker look. Here's a picture. (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jcMpFWJZyek/RlpG23DjH_I/AAAAAAAAAAk/9F8ZJYZoOhQ/s1600-h/102-0208_IMG.JPG) Sorry, I know you want the frizz to just not be there, but that one, I haven't figured out yet!

Speckla
August 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Sometimes the best thing is to not fight with the curly/humidity but work around it. A really pretty scarf folded into a headband has been a hairlife saver for me. Doing the sides/top into crown rolls and securing with little clips is really pretty and a good way to avoid messy curls.

templeofvenus
August 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
a nice broad cloth hairband and rock the curls is my advice I bet it looks great:)

camirra555
August 4th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Have you tried braid outs? That's where you braid your hair in like 6 or 8 braids when it's wet and let it dry like that. Then take it out when it's dry and you should have soft waves. Just make sure you add some leave in conditioner when it's wet. This works for me

redcelticcurls
August 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM
hard hold gel if you want to wear your hair down/out. It's my saving grace in the summer. Otherwise it's headbands and updos.