PDA

View Full Version : Hair washing

saman
April 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
How do you wash your hair and how often do you wash it?

Nat242
April 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
There are many different hair washing methods - you may have to try a few before you find the technique that works for you. It's the same with the frequency of hair washing. I used to wash every day, now I wash every second day, but I can't go longer than that because I have an oily scalp. Many members of LHC wash their hair only once or twice a week, and some don't wash their hair at all.

Here are a few washing methods for you to research - use the search function.

CO - Conditioner only
S&C - Shampoo and Conditioner
CWC- Condition - Wash with shampoo - Condition
WO - Water only
NW/SO - No water / Sebum only

-- Natalie

saman
April 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
thanks Natalie for your help

blue_nant
April 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Yesterday it was cold, so I loosely braided it, and washed just the top, crown to ears in the kitchen sink. I used shampoo cut with water (more suds) and added tea tree oil to it because my scalp is freaking out with its occasional psoriasis thingie.

This allows me to dry MUCH faster, and I use this method most of the winter.

Winter: weekly or less. Summer: every 4-5 days.

Eboshi
April 13th, 2008, 08:20 PM
How do you wash your hair and how often do you wash it?

Saman,

How about if you tell us a little bit more about yourself and your hair goals? There are many different ways of washing the hair. Is there something in particular that you are intersted in?

tiny_teesha
April 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM
You can scalp wash as well, or even use "not shampoo" like shampoo bars (CV), or herbal teas (like i do), baking soda and ACV or even use clays or dry shampoo.

I will wash 1-2 times a week now because i finally quit (2 weeks notice still to go) my job so i don't need to wash after work every day ( i work at a pet shop) I used to wash 3-4 times a week.

AJoifulNoise
April 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM
At the moment this is my routine:

Monday-Friday- Conditioner Only. One day of the week I do an Apple Cider Rinse to deal with scalp itchies.

Saturday- Shampoo/Condition. I usually condition with one of my more expensive or special conditioners. They seem to work wonders right after a shampoo.

Sunday- No wash at all. I don't need to wash my hair the day after I shampoo. Not to mention, I really don't have time to wash and air dry my hair before church. So, I throw it up in an updo and head out the door.

Sillage
April 13th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I shampoo and condition my hair every day. Once a week I use stronger shampoo that my scalp likes (for the moment it's T-gel) and the rest of the time I use L'oreal Vive Pro for dry colored hair (my hair isn't colored but it loves this). I scrub and message the shampoo on my scalp carefully and then I work the suds lightly onto my length.

My conditioner is always Vive Pro Smooth Intense for dry thick hair. I put in, comb it though and pin it up while I take the rest of my shower. Rinsing it out is the second to last thing I do in the shower (washing my face a second time is the very last thing I do ;D)

Patrycja
April 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
hmmm...I'm still trying to my niche with washing.Right now I'm trying CO with a lighter conditioner for the first C and a heavy conditioner for my last C.I try to make it to DD4 but usually only get to DD3.My itchies get the best of me.

Which reminds me I need to clarify soon....

Kirin
April 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I shampoo daily. I use a rotation of either Queen Helene Mint Julep , creme of nature detangling, or baby shampoo.

I use a conditioner rarely, because even if used only on the length i get tons of hair fallout. Don't know why. But I condition maybe once a week, probably less.

Because i dont use conditioner a lot I always use a leave in conditioner, usually AtOne with nature or i use carrot oil.

pepperedmoth
April 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Me personally? Hehe, I just changed the way I wash, so I'm all excited about sharing.

I've been 'water only' for about two weeks now. Every time I hop in the shower (which is about every other day for me), I massage my scalp a bit under the warm water, and that's it. Every few showers (usually on the weekend, when I have time in the morning) I give myself an extra rinse with an infusion of rosemary or a cup of green tea.

I brush with a boar bristle brush at night before braiding, and also right before going in the shower (to prevent clogging my drain).

Anyone else water only wanting to share? I'm noticing that while my hair is lovely and soft and not greasy while dry, when I get it wet it gets kind of sticky. It's much harder now to manage when wet than it used to be, and it takes a wee bit more combing (wide toothed wooden detangler) to get it un-stringy.

Hmmmm.

Legend
April 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I wash my hair about every 4 days. Depending on how my hair feels, I alternate CO washes with shampoo. However, I live in Massachusetts, so during the dry winter months, I might only wash weekly and wear my hair in a braided bun.

salamander
April 13th, 2008, 10:34 PM
If you read through the Articles section, several washing techniques are described in depth.