PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the hairdressers!

EynaraWolf
July 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Every once in a while I get the urge to cut my hair. This time it was only an addition of bangs and a slight trim. I went to the same woman I take my girls too. I usually think she's cut their hair too short, but they are always happy with the end result.

So while I am there with my girls, I tell the woman I want to get bangs and she of course tells me to take a seat. Within a few minutes she gave me a lovely side sweeping bang that I can style to either side as I wish. Then, the dread of dreads, she told me I needed a slight trim. While I agreeded with this assessment, hair dressers have always trimmed off at least an inch no matter what I said I wanted.

When I gave her a worried look, she just smiled at me and said, "I have long hair too, I swear, it will only be an 1/8 of an inch."

I slowly nodded because I can't cut my own hair to save my life and I don't really have anyone else who will trim it for me. As it turns out, I couldn't even tell she took off anything. It was a tiny bit more than a dusting, but I was so happy that my hair didn't get it's usual 1 inch hack when I need a trim.

From now on, I know exactly who to go to when I need a trim, and if she ever stops doing hair, I now know to look for hair dressers with long hair before I let them take the scissors to my head.

SimplyViki
July 30th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Sounds good! Nice that she automatically said she'd only take off 1/8 of an inch. Wonder if she lurks around here? Or even better, is a member?

patience
July 30th, 2009, 07:23 PM
It's nice to hear a happy hairdresser story. :) I'm glad you had a good day.

going gray
July 30th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I too have a great hair stylist who listens, they are out there! It's wonderful to find someone you trust.

heatherdazy
July 31st, 2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds like she is a mind reader! Lucky you!

EynaraWolf
July 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
I thought I post it because this because so many members do seem to have hairdresser horror stories. Good ones are out there, we just have to find them. :)

embee
July 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM
How nice! Bet your ends feel lovely. :)