PDA

View Full Version : My hair is too much like me

MandaMom2Three
July 30th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I tend to REALLY love something for a while, then get bored and move on to something else :rolleyes:, apparently my hair is the same way. I was SO thrilled when going cone free finally started working for me, made my hair sooooo silky! Now recently it's started getting dry and unmanageable again! I tried clarifying, I tried mega doses of moisture, I've tried every oil imaginable. My hair is apparently on strike :mad:. I thought I finally had my perfect routine :cry: .

So I'm back to the old drawing board :rolleyes:. I'm going to try using cones again, but being careful to remove them and moisturize regularly. I'm going to pick up some suave or V05 shampoo and I'll dilute it with water (or honey maybe, I'll experiment) to ease up on the sulfates a little (will that still remove the cones? I'll be doing it with each wash so it shouldn't build up) then condition twice, first with a conefree because I find them more moisturizing then with a cony to "seal it in". So I guess that would be a WCC? Anyway, we'll try that for a while and see how it goes.

I know some others have mentioned their hair changes back and fourth like this, does it ever stop being annoying?:o

Loviatar
July 30th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I jump back and forth between cone/no cone all the time. I think Amoretti used to as well. It doesnt annoy me so much, but then I am a product 'ho ;)

ericthegreat
July 30th, 2009, 09:01 AM
You just need to find out what exactly works for you Mandy. :) There's nothing wrong with getting bored with something and feeling the need to change, sometimes change is very much needed! If your hair feels like shaking things up every now and again, then that is the perfect reason for you to try out a new conditioner and a new kind of treatment!

ericthegreat
July 30th, 2009, 09:04 AM
In fact, I actually made a thread just on this very issue of using cones vs. not using cones here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29608

MandaMom2Three
August 5th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Ok, it looks like my hair went into conniptions due to a protein overload :rolleyes: the cones didn't do a thing for me and the ordeal reminded me why I stopped using shampoo!!! INSANELY ITCHY SCALP!!! So after a clarifying and lovely SMT I'm back to my beloved conefree conditioner only routine :cloud9: