PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

nox_armada
July 30th, 2009, 06:05 AM
hello all. first of all, i'm a male but have a very strong passion and interest in long hair. the problem is, i'd like to have long bangs as a beginning (mouth to chin length, maybe longer) but i think i don't look good with them as i think the ideal bangs length for me is just at forehead or eye level. do i have to follow what is good for me or can i follow my instinct of having long bangs (even though they don't look so good on me)? i'm not into long hair because of certain male with long hair but because i just love to look females and girls with long hair and long bangs with sometimes their bangs hanging down to their nose or mouth. when i look at other male with the same bangs or hair length like those females or girls, i don't think they're good on them (common perception on standard hair lengths for male and female). then i started thinking about my bangs. what should i do? i also want to have the feeling of having extra weight of bangs or hair. i also want to try the hair toys ; the ponytail holder, the clips, the pins, etc. please help me ladies!!

plaidprincess
July 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think long bangs look awesome on guys - think Kurt Cobain - and chin length is what I'd go for. Just cut em - you can always make them shorter if they really don't suit you.

Oh, and it's just personal preference - but I'm not a fan of shorter bangs on guys.

bunnii
July 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I say do what makes YOU happy.

Also there is a rather large male population here who look amazing with long hair. So maybe being a bit more tactful towards them would be good? (sorry if that's not what you meant, it's just what I got :) )

Shadow
July 30th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I'd say go to a proper stylist (not a barber) and have a chat with them about what would suit you :)

They may be expensive but an initial great cut is a good place to start growing your hair from and the stylisst will have agood idea about what will suit your faceshape etc.

Good luck (and welcome to the forum! :D)

Konstifik
July 30th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I absolutley LOVE guys with long hair (if the hair is at least somewhat taken care of), so I would definatley say go for it, if that's what you want to do with your hair. :D

patience
July 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I say do what you want. You can always cut them back if you decide you don't like the long bangs on you. Just try it out.

Gumball
July 30th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I say do what makes YOU happy.

Also there is a rather large male population here who look amazing with long hair. So maybe being a bit more tactful towards them would be good? (sorry if that's not what you meant, it's just what I got :) )

*cheer* :cool:

As for the OP, it really does boil down to what YOU want to do. If you want longer bangs, but get worried about what you deem "common perceptions on length", then I guess it's time to break the convention. The ease of that sometimes is easier depending on the area in which you live in (some places are possibly more lax in reacting to length than others, but I'm not certain as I'm not that well traveled). Still, as long as you are happy on the journey then that's what matters.