PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Treatments

missmandy
July 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
What do you use (if anything) for overnight treatments? Do you use something special, or just plain old conditioner?

(I've heard that leaving conditioner on for too long can actually damage your hair by leaving it too soft, and prone to breakage. Is this true? Would it be safe to use VO5 or Tressume overnight? Thanks a bunch.)

Charlotte
July 29th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I've started to slather extra virgin coconut oil on my hair the night before I wash (sometimes the day before :D and wear a bun). I have been told that it is one of the few oils that actually penetrates the hair shaft and can repair damage to hair rather than just make the hair look shinier (I use almond oil for that). :)

Bereft
July 29th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I also use coconut oil on my hair overnight. But just as Charlotte, I only use it if I'll be washing my hair within the next day or two. If I dont wash it the next day, I'll usually wear it up. To keep my hair nice and pretty overnight so it'll look decent if I wear it down, I use EO's Lavendar Conditioner as a leave in. I'm currently looking for something else to try, though. It doesnt seem to work as well as it used to sadly... :(

Flynn
July 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I think you can over-moisturise hair... but if you do all you need is to stick in a little more protein, which your condish might just have anyway. (Look for "hydrolysed [something]", amino-, or protein in the ingredients.)

I overnight oil, which tends to end up being overnight heavy oiling, and over-almost-a-week light oiling, as it never quite seems to want to all budge in one wash.

jennylouwhoo
July 30th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I just coconut oil my length when I think about it the bun it up till I wash it the next day I love how it makes my hair feel.

bunnii
July 30th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I generally leave in EVOO overnight, although I do sometime leave conditioner in overnight too, sometime I mix the two and wear a shower cap with a wooly hat on over that, It's great for my hair and I look really sexy too :lol:

Fiferstone
July 30th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Coconut oil the night before wash day, then english braid it to sleep on. That's pretty much the only overnight thing I do.

Aditi
July 30th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Like others i just apply mixture of coconut and almond oil on my hair as an overnight treament.

*Rose Red*
July 30th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I like coconut oil, too.

WhitsEnd
July 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM
MissMandy, I am so glad you asked this question. I was wondering the same thing.

Igor
July 30th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I use regular conditioner or deep conditioner like this:
Slather lots of conditioner on from the shoulders and down
Braid
Cover in a bag
Wrap up in a bandage
http://www.22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/Deepcondition1.jpg
It stays out of my way at night

Leisje
July 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I slather on a lot of avocado oil and then put my hair in a bun for the night. Shampoo out the next day. Always makes my hair very sleek, soft and conditioned.

LaFlor
July 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I use coconut oil as well, usually way too much :)

Bianca
July 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Coconut oil here too :D