PDA

View Full Version : Catch 22!

aksown
July 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I seem to have run into a bit of a quandry. After a protein treatment, a CO wash and air drying overnight, my hair has never felt more fabulous. I can't stop touching it, which makes it grease-up faster but it's too nice to put up. :justy: Decisions, decisions...
Anyone else have that same agonizing choice to make?

kdaniels8811
July 29th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Just enjoy it, that is what it is all about, right? Glad the routine worked so well for you!

Anje
July 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I agree with kdaniels -- sometimes you just have to enjoy your hair! Wear it the way you like it. You can put it up later when it's getting greasy.

ericthegreat
July 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Play with it as much as you want to..........its your hair! Worry about it getting greasy tomorrow. Today its about celebrating how silky your hair feels right now!

going gray
July 31st, 2009, 02:30 PM
I used to like touching my hair a lot too, that's another reason we wear it long, right. It's one of the big things I miss the most. (Although I didn't "play" with my hair when out of the house.)

young&reckless
July 31st, 2009, 03:51 PM
That's why I hardly ever wear my har in a braid when I go out, can't stop messing with my ends.

walkinglady
July 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM
I love to play with my hair too! My favorite time is after I use honey in my hair, which has been a lot lately!

dernhelm
July 31st, 2009, 04:07 PM
I did my first protein treatment the other day and WOW, the results were fabulous! My hair actually felt like hair instead of mush or something. I couldn't stop touching it, which is really not so good if you have curly hair :nono:
I could have had third day hair.....but I messed up my canopy into a fuh-rizzy halo by playing with it because my hair felt like hair!

EynaraWolf
July 31st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Just enjoy it. Hair is meant to be touched - especially when it's soft. And be happy that you found something that works great for your hair! Worry about greasiness tomorrow.

Pierre
July 31st, 2009, 07:07 PM
I like to put my hair in a sort of half-up - I twist it into a bun or something on each side behind the ear, but with enough dangling down to graze my shoulders. That gives me enough curly softness to play with and stroke my cheeks with, but not enough to get tangled in bag straps.

aksown
August 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM
I compromised and played with it until it was time to go watch the Lipizzaner Stallions and then I put it up. And when I say it gets greasy I mean it gets the "four days since my last wash" grease, in just a few hours. Oh well! :D