PDA

View Full Version : Will it suit me?

Maddy25
July 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hello lovelys.

I wanted your opinion on whether you think long hair will actually suit me. My hair is very flat and straight and just sort of sits there. Its also very fine. When it used to be sorta long I always just wore it like this
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3575&pictureid=45840

and it used to drive me nuts because I thought it was just so ugly and boring looking on me. I would love to have waist long hair but I'm scared maybe I just dont have the face type or something to pull it off? I have always had short hair except for a few years in college and Im scared to put so much effort into something that may look bad on me :(

Here is it longish without the layers...I think i may have to grow it without them because it looks a lot thicker...(Im on the left...my hair is actually blonde now lol. not brown or red).
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3575&pictureid=46166

I am also thinking of when it gets long to get bangs like these that I had a few months ago
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3575&pictureid=46162

I'm sorry to photo spam I just really wanted your opinions and what you think might look best on me? I am super insecure about pretty much everything so any opinions will be appreciated.

krissykins
July 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I personally think long hair will suit you. :blossom:

Speckla
July 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, I think it will. You're very lovely and have a great shaped face for short or long.

Jamme
July 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Allthough you look really cute with the cut on the last pic, I think long hair will look great on you. And getting long hair is a lot less drastic than cutting it short, if you find out after a while that you don't like it you can just cut it, you know ;)

By the way, the bangs suits you really well.

thankyousir74
July 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I love the way it looks in the first pic, and that's the longest length, so I think, yes, it will suit you. :thumbsup:

xovictoryxo
July 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Bangs look great on you. so does the bob cut.
I could see long hair looking great on you too tho
But only you know what you feel suits you best!!

Gumball
July 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I think long hair really would suit you! Now for you that really boils down to growing it out and determining it for yourself. :) But we aren't biased! Never!

redneckprincess
July 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I think so seeing your photoshopped picture, I think long hair will suite you better...if you dont think so at least you'll know before you cut it.

Elenna
July 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Well this is a long hair site, but I do think that long hair will look good on you.

pradabacon
July 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I also love the bangs on you. I think you can easily do long hair. Waist length with bangs would look great. That shade of brown in the last pic really compliments your skin tone (and your little dresses are all adorable, as well). You're a cutie-pie!

Deborah
July 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Of course you will look good in long hair. If your hair is thinnish you might want to let the bangs grow in, as they remove more volume from the length of your hair, leaving the length thinner :)

rogue_psyche
July 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I think long hair would look great on you, especially with a blunt hemline.

Brat
July 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I think you'd look good as well. If I were you, I'd do the bangs, with a teeny bit of face framing fringe. I don't have bangs, they make my face look teeny, but I have (and LOVE) the fringe!

NickalNack
July 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
You would look good with long hair.

ericthegreat
July 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Long hair definitely looks wonderful on you! The "your hair is too thin for you to have it long" is a tired old lie that scissor happy stylists tell fine haired people so that they can keep making more money. There are plenty of fine haired members of LHC that have stunning locks, and from the look of your pics you definitely look beautiful with longer hair!

lora410
July 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Trust me, once it gets long enough to do updos you will love it. It is hard to wait until then but well worth it. BTW you look super cute with bangs :D

manderly
July 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I think the bangs look fantastic on you. They absolutely suit your face and I think you'd look great with long straight hair and big, chunky bangs :crush:

The bangs totally bring your eyes out. I really am not too fond of the center or side parts, they do look a little "boring" on you. But you have a perfect face for those straight bangs (not many people can actually pull that look off) :D

Maddy25
July 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
aaww thanks everybody for the advice so far! You have totally sold me on bringing back the bangs once I have the length. And I agree with rogue_psyche that I think I will do a blunt hemline now once its grown. I love the sort of vintage look with the long blunt hair and the bangs :)

And thanks for the compliments everyone!

Anje
July 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Honestly, we're biased. The sentiment around here, by and large, is that long hair suits just about everyone, but only some people can look truly nice in short hair.

So, like the rest, I'll say that you'll probably look great with long hair, but you look nice with that bob cut too. And I do like how bangs look on you -- something I rarely say, since I usually prefer bare foreheads.

Oh, and before anyone says anything about your hair "just sitting there" and looking fine and flat, consider how many people flat iron their hair. Straight hair is definitely considered desirable (not that curls and waves aren't also loved). And preemptively: it's not "limp", it's "sleek"!

Fiferstone
July 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
"What Eric said." Absolutely, long hair would suit you. I am a finey, with waist length hair currently. Won't ever go back to having to cut it on a regular (more frequently than every 6 months or so) basis.

Aer
July 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, long hair would look great on you.

longhairedfairy
July 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Sure it will suit you! You're a cutie-pie!:)

Cereus
July 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I have a feeling that you would look good no matter what you did with your hair. But long hair would certainly look good. You might as well give it a go.

Tangles
July 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Do long with partial bangs. Definitely.

heatheradair
July 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I'm in the same boat as you (with fine/flat/limp hair), and all of the comments you've received have made me feel better about deciding to grow it out.

We should definitely go for it :)

(Your pictures didn't show up for me, though, aside from your avatar. I'm not sure, but I think this is because I haven't been around long enough/posted enough.)

Laylah
July 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I think both long hair and short look good on you :) You should give long hair a try- there's so much more you can do with it! And don't feel bad about the fine, flat hair. A lot of people straighten their hair every day for hair like yours. =]

Charlotte
July 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I think long hair will look lovely on you. You have a very pretty face. :)

bakertwins2004
July 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I think the bangs with long layers would look adorable on you

maskedrose
July 30th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I would say....yes. Yes it would. I also think you look adorable in bangs, although I do like the side part look on you as well. But I think blunt bangs with a blunt hemline at waist would look AWESOME on you :)

And you are adorable, by the way!

templeofvenus
July 30th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Hi you look great which ever style you have :) you are very pretty. I have just started growing out the same cut you have in the last pic and I too wonder 5 months down the line if I will suit long hair too, but hey you can always get it cut again can't you if you don't like it long! and I also have fine hair! :)

Maddy25
July 30th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much everyone for the advice and the compliments!!! Im all blushy now :o

I have decided on blunt bangs with a blunt hemline once I get longer, yay! I'm so excited! Now I just have to hang in there and keep growing out my blonde hair dye :p

Pixna
July 30th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I'm weighing in on this late, but I agree with your decision. Long hair and bangs will look SO fab on you!!!

melrose1985
July 30th, 2009, 07:27 AM
You are super pretty first off, and you totally pull off all those styles in your pictures.

I like the bangs on you, they look good. And i think why not try to grow to waist... if along the way you dont like it you can cut your hair again. There are plenty of people here with fine hair that have it long and nice looking.... Don't worry! you can totally pull if off.

I my self am looking to get to waist, and the longest i had my hair was as a child which it was probably BSL, and thiner... Now i havent made it past APL, so this too is a journey which i have no clue about... i want waist but i really can't even picture what my hair will look like that long... Mostly because the last 6" or more of my hair has been permed and then chemical straighten (big mess!) so maybe i have wavy hair? who knows!

melikai
July 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I think you would look great with long hair - whether you go for bangs or not. I actually really like the middle part on you - with long hair you'd look like one of those cool hippy/bohemian girls. Of course, that may not be your taste! Point is, you have plenty of options and I think you should definitely grow!
As for your fine hair, have you tried a different washing or care method? You may find, like I did, that if you go a more natural route, that your hair may develop an entirely different texture. My hair was always limp and straight when I was using chemical dyes and 'cones.