PDA

View Full Version : Request for Hairtyping Help

Leneveu
July 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I've been at LHC for four months already, and I still haven't decided what my hair type is.

I've not taken any hairtyping pictures till now, probably because when I don't comb my hair while it's drying, it ends up looking like this (underside):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3050&pictureid=46099

I'm guessing a 2b :undecided

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3050&pictureid=46098

Oh, the frizz! Excuse me, I'm off to use my Kimberlily's defrizz spray :p

Katze
July 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
If the above pics are untouched (not brushed or handled) I would say 2c. Your avatar pic looks a lot straighter, which is what makes me uncertain.

Lovely, lovely hair!

spidermom
July 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
It looks like 2C to me also. I see a few spirals in there. Lovely hair!

Leneveu
July 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the answers. 2c would be exciting!

Katze, the pictures are untouched. Actually, I wouldn't even know how to go about altering them...computer novice :o

In my signature picture, my hair was dried in my usual fashion: during the drying time, I comb it regularly, and also take the hair as for a ponytail and twist it, in an attempt to reduce the frizz. This is why my hair is much straighter, and why I'm so unsure of what my hairtype actually is.

klcqtee
July 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Your hair looks a lot like mine, so I would say 2c.

amaiaisabella
July 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Your hair is beautiful, whatever the type! I love your curls :)

Leneveu
July 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Aww, thanks :o

Anje
July 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Adding a vote for 2c.

darkwaves
August 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Katze, the pictures are untouched. Actually, I wouldn't even know how to go about altering them...computer novice :o

In my signature picture, my hair was dried in my usual fashion: during the drying time, I comb it regularly, and also take the hair as for a ponytail and twist it, in an attempt to reduce the frizz. . I believe Katze means, "if your hair has not been touched or manipulated, i.e., just left to air dry.

From these pictures, I would guess 2b or perhaps 2b/c. But wavy hair can be difficult to figure out because it can be significantly straighter or curlier from day to day.

Have you searched the members lists for people 2b and 2c waves? That's a good way to figure this out.

Elettaria
August 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask for ages. My hair is wavier after it first dries, but once I put a brush to it, it's quite a bit straighter until it's next washed. Which do I go with?

Elphie
August 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Whichever you prefer. I don't go near my brush if I want my hair wavy. Sometimes I'll use a wide toothed comb just to tidy it up a bit.

maskedrose
August 1st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Wavy hair is very frustrating when it comes to typing. Mine ranges anywhere from 1c to 2c, literally. If you look in my album, its pretty crazy. I'd say you're 2b, maybe 2c, since the curls fall out pretty easily it seems. LOVELY hair though...I'm a bit green right now :D

Leneveu
August 2nd, 2009, 07:10 AM
I believe Katze means, "if your hair has not been touched or manipulated, i.e., just left to air dry.

:doh:Oh, of course :o I wonder where my common sense goes, sometimes.

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask for ages. My hair is wavier after it first dries, but once I put a brush to it, it's quite a bit straighter until it's next washed. Which do I go with?

Elettaria, my hair is just the same. As I understand it, hairtyping is done when the hair has dried untouched.

Wavy hair is very frustrating when it comes to typing. Mine ranges anywhere from 1c to 2c, literally.

That's about the range of my hair,too. It sounds like I'm not the only wavy one whose hair insists on defying any label applied to it :p

Stephichan
August 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Wavy hair is very frustrating when it comes to typing. Mine ranges anywhere from 1c to 2c, literally.

That's the same for me. I put '2b' since it's about the median of how my hair behaves. The weird thing is that my hair actually gets curlier the longer it gets. I always thought that the longer your hair got the straighter it was supposed to become. It's straight until about my ears, then it waves with the ends twisting into spirals. Then, after sleeping it all relaxes so that I just have soft waves from bottom of ears down.

Rentlle
August 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
jep, would say 2c :)

darkwaves
August 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
It sounds like I'm not the only wavy one whose hair insists on defying any label applied to it :p Far from that! That's the joy of wavy hair. Mine goes from 3a to 2b with ease. The curls drift away between washings.