PDA

View Full Version : Do I dare to wear this outside???

Rentlle
July 29th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I asked already somewhere in a topic, but i'm realy curious... *blush*
I just did some sock-bun with a scarf, and i'm considering wearing it outside... but i'm not sure if it looks ridiculous or not XD
(I have that sometimes, that I like something, but in fact it's realy ridiculous or funny or stupid or,....)
so:
here: pictures: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3485&pictureid=46085
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3419&pictureid=46090
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3419&pictureid=46089
and I hope some honnest opinions :)

Merlin
July 29th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Why would you NOT want to go out in public like that?? It looks fabulous and should turn heads everywhere you go!!

DO IT

Duchess of Erat
July 29th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I really like it, it's a very pretty bun.

bttrfly857
July 29th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I like it! Your hair is a really pretty color too.

Gulbahar
I would and I do occasionally. It looks great on you too!

Teazel
It's fantastic! Get out there and show the world! :D

concrescence
I think it looks great! It has a sort of hippie or artsy feel to it. Nice for summer.

And your red hair is beautiful, by the way.

ETA: Just wanted to add, that this does seem to be a somewhat uncommon hairstyle. I currently live in a smallish German city, and a hairstyle like this might draw some looks (not necessarily negative looks, just attention). My German students often go on about what is "normal" or "not normal" in certain situations. As an American used to living in a large city, this preoccupation with "normality" is a bit weird or off-putting to me. So... what I'm saying is that I would definitely wear that hairstyle. I think it looks really cute on you. But only you know what you are comfortable with and how much attention you like to draw to yourself.

Merlin
July 29th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Can I also comment on your beautiful and amazing neck, which that updo really shows off!

Chromis
July 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I think it looks great!

Sarahmoon
July 29th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I like the style, though I would personally go with another scarf colour (just my personal opinion of not being a big fan of red-purple/pink combination).

Themyst
July 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
It does look great! :)

Stormsong
July 29th, 2009, 06:01 AM
The style looks great, I think the only thing I would change would be the scarf colour, to something that shows off your fantastic hair colour better.

Calista
July 29th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Rentlle, I think it looks great, and I love your freckles!

concrescence, a smallish German city? Don´t let the inhabitants of Hannover hear you! :lol:

Fethenwen
July 29th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Lovely! :cheer:

I wonder if this is possible to do with my length of hair?

Gabbie
July 29th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I think it looks great!

Xandergrammy
July 29th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I think it looks beautiful! :crush:

Whimsical wind
July 29th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I think it's cool, you should wear it outside.

Gulbahar
July 29th, 2009, 06:16 AM
concrescence, a smallish German city? Donīt let the inhabitants of Hannover hear you! :lol:
:D I just looked it up to be sure. Hannover is the 11th biggest city in Germany (by inhabitants).....

Charlotte
July 29th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Hello there groovy violinist! ;) I think this style looks very nice on you - you have a lovely neck to show off. I would also experiment with different colours; may suit your gorgeous hair even more. :) I thought I'd also show the photos to my 17 year old daughter and she thinks your "do" looks great! So, that's a definate "yes!" from my daughter and I. :D

ChrissieM
July 29th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I like the style, I might try it as a way to cover up the ends poking out from around my sock bun whenever I make one. Your hair color is amazing, too.

Maddy25
July 29th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I think you look beautiful! Thats a great look, very uinique and not silly at all. A blue scarf would look amazing with your red hair <3

perlexquisit
July 29th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Honestly I love the bun as it is beautiful but I would use a scarf that matches the top/outfit for a complementary look or use a totally different scarf with pattern to highlight the contrast with the hair color. Then off you go and show off your colorful bun:). WHY NOY?

Evie
July 29th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Another vote for 'why wouldn't you wear something so pretty?'

I actually liked the colour combination, but I think blues, lilac-y colours etc would look fab, too.

When I had hair that was long enough to do this, I would have certainly worn a style like this out. I used to wear a scarf tied round my sock bun and I always thought it looked arty, too.

It is up to you how much attention you are comfortable with. But I think it looks great!!!

Addy
July 29th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I was expecting your hair standing on end or something...

I would wear that bun scarf combo and you should too! :)

LutraLutra
July 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Yes! Do it, it looks great.

Idun
July 29th, 2009, 06:58 AM
It looks fantastic! I will definetely try this too, although I do not have your lovely long neck or the gourgeous hair colour!

JamieLeigh
July 29th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I love it! I think it's super-cute, and I'll probably try it out myself soon. :)

GlassEyes
July 29th, 2009, 07:01 AM
It's fine. I've done it, and I'm a guy, so...

KaeleyAnne
July 29th, 2009, 07:02 AM
It looks awesome! I like the scarf color with your hair, but other colors would look good too.

jivete
July 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I love it. I think I'll try something similar. Besides tucking the ends in, do you have the scarf secured in any way? Like pinned at all?

AmyJorgensen
July 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Ok, you asked for honest opinions. I would wear it as is, but I think it might look even better with a less beefy(size) scarf. I'm thinking a semi-translucent patterned scarf or a satin or silk scarf.

CrystalStar
July 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Your hair is a GORGEOUS colour! :p I noticed your hair colour way before the scarf! It looks lovely, no need to worry about what others might say :)

maria_asa
July 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Ok, you asked for honest opinions. I would wear it as is, but I think it might look even better with a less beefy(size) scarf. I'm thinking a semi-translucent patterned scarf or a satin or silk scarf.

I agree with this. Although I think it looks great as it is the mere size of the scarf is a bit overpowering.

melrose1985
July 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM
First off FANTASTIC hair color : ) totally love it.

And second.. you should rock that style because it looks nice on you and you did a good job styling it.

LaurelSpring
July 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Its beautiful! Wear it out! Sometimes it takes me awhile to put a new style out there but if anyone ever notices they certianly havent made mention of it. If Im happy with it then thats what counts. It feels weird at first and Im a little self conscious but then I forget about it.

Toadstool
July 29th, 2009, 07:44 AM
You have beautiful freckles:)
Sorry and the hair looks great too!

rach
July 29th, 2009, 08:06 AM
looks good :D

AmyJorgensen
July 29th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I wonder if I could secure a lazy wrap bun or a pony bun this way if I threaded the scarf through somehow? My sock buns look sucky. You've enabled me to try it.

RancheroTheBee
July 29th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I completely adore it! The color looks fabulous on you. :) You should wear it more often! (and outside, too.)

harpyangel
July 29th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I agree with the others here. Maybe a different colour scarf would make your hair colour really striking. I just had to look through your other photos and I must say beautiful up-do's :)

Harpyangel xx

Debra83
July 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I think it looks great....how'd you do it with the scarf?

concrescence
July 29th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Rentlle, I think it looks great, and I love your freckles!

concrescence, a smallish German city? Donīt let the inhabitants of Hannover hear you! :lol:

:D I just looked it up to be sure. Hannover is the 11th biggest city in Germany (by inhabitants).....

Heh. Well, I did add the "ish." ;) Hannover actually reminds me a lot of St. Louis, MO, where I grew up. There are many things to like about Hannover (like all the green space, the fact that it's so walkable, the lack of crime), but I feel like it has a sort of "small-city-attitude", if you know what I mean: a bit provincial or convential when it comes to setting standards for fashion, social customs, cuisine, art, etc. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 4 years before moving, so the contrast is quite large. I hope you understand. :flower:

Yes, I think it's the size of the scarf that makes it a bit unusual. Scarves around buns isn't all that uncommon. But I like the size of it. It's what makes it feel kind of "hippie" to me (in a good way).

Spike
July 29th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wow! Between the sock and the scarf, your bun looks like it's the size of your head. Awesome!!

Medievalmaniac
July 29th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Very pretty, and very unusual looking! Go for it! :)

eadwine
July 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I actually shrugged (schouderophaal) and said why not? :)

camirra555
July 29th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Go for it!

Gemma
July 29th, 2009, 10:02 AM
OMG, your hair! I have major hair envy going on now. ^_^

Yes, yes, wear it outside. It looks lovely!

RedStripe
July 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Heh. Well, I did add the "ish." ;) Hannover actually reminds me a lot of St. Louis, MO, where I grew up. There are many things to like about Hannover (like all the green space, the fact that it's so walkable, the lack of crime), but I feel like it has a sort of "small-city-attitude", if you know what I mean: a bit provincial or convential when it comes to setting standards for fashion, social customs, cuisine, art, etc. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 4 years before moving, so the contrast is quite large. I hope you understand.

Hey, small world -- I grew up in St. Louis, too -- and I live in the Bay Area now!:)

RedStripe
July 29th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I think it looks great. I do something a bit like this occasionally (with a white-leopard scarf that matches one I wear around my neck!), but my bun is much more skimpy, so it doesn't look so striking. I guess I should start going for sock buns.

bakertwins2004
July 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I would wear it. I like the look. I would go with a smaller scarf so it does not take away from your beautiful hair. But I do like it that way too.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think it's awesome!!! I would personally rather wear it more like a head band but it looks lovely on you. And I love the color!

janiejones
July 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Oh that's beautiful and I definitely want to try that as soon as possible! *goes off to dig through scarves....*

mugglemomof3
July 29th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I didn't read anything - just clicked on your photos and posted my opinion there. You've got the most gorgeous haircolor and I adore freckles (my DD13 has every bit as many as you do!!) :heartbeat

lundmir
July 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
That's a gorgeous style, I'd definitely go out wearing it.

pradabacon
July 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Wow! I love it!!! Very adorable. http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/girl_sigh-1.gif

nowxisxforever
July 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
It looks really cute! You might get some glances since it's (as others have said) not all that common, but I don't think any would be negative! ;)

(But then, in my area, we have ladies walking around in head scarves for religious reasons, so it's unusual, but not a bad unusual-- they look to be mostly met with curiousity)

serious
July 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I totally love it!
Go for it!

ClareDee
July 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I like it :) It's quite boho (and the combination of colours adds to that effect), but you do have a long slender neck, which makes you look very elegant at the same time. Boho chic -- I bet that's a real fashion term.

shadowclaw
July 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
What beautiful hair you have! It's such a lovely color. The scarf looks great, too. The colors compliment each other. Please do wear this style in public. It's fantastic.

neon-dream
July 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
In my opinion, it looks beautiful :)

klcqtee
July 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'd wear it outside all the time if it was well protected and stable.

Cynder
July 29th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I'm too new here to see it, but I think its an overwhelming vote for "yes":)

Vivien'
July 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Not ridiculous at all. Do it.

Kitara
July 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I only vote yes if you show up how you tied the scarf.

rogue_psyche
July 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think it is a really cute, artsy style. Wear it when you're in a boho kind of mood.

longhairedfairy
July 29th, 2009, 03:16 PM
It's cute.:)

My, you have lovely coloring!

Rentlle
July 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
wooow.. I come back here and read aaaaaaaaaall this lovely sweet stuff..
you're all so... damn.. sweet... :'( :love:

I love it. I think I'll try something similar. Besides tucking the ends in, do you have the scarf secured in any way? Like pinned at all?

I just made a sockbun and startet to do the scarf arround it..
just tuck the end somewhere, it didn't loose..
no pins or secure.. :p just tucked under the scarf..

tx also for all the tips you gave me!!
I see i'm going to look for a smaller blue/green scarf :)
I realy like the boho-look-thing, but I don't often manage to do that correctly without looking stupid or something.. so I'm sooooo happy to read all this stuff..
thanx a lot, realy... a lot :)

longhairedfairy
July 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I think a green scarf would look really pretty.:)

adiapalic
July 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Absolutely! :D

Kat
July 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
OMG, yes! That's so pretty.

Now I wanna try it...gonna have to buy some more scarves that would be appropriate for it!

And OMG your color. Your natural color is about the same as mine...I wonder if that's the color my hair would turn out with henna. Wow.

LittleOrca
July 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I think that is a very cute hair style! It looks nice and cool too. :)

InTheCity
July 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Wear it, it looks awesome!

Jeni
July 29th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I really like it. If I can ever figure out how to do the "new and improved" sock bun I think I'm going to try this too. Now where are my scarves....?

desertgirl
July 29th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I like it! In the first picture I wasn't sure about the color combination, but by the time I got to the third it had grown on me.

I love using scarfs. How did you do this one? Just wrap, wrap, wrap and tuck?

desertgirl
July 29th, 2009, 11:49 PM
oops, sorry, didn't see this before my other post

Iolanthe
July 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM
It looks really elegant. I think its beautiful.

Hairbear
July 30th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Beautiful!!!

Aditi
July 30th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Looks lovely to me :) Go on dear wear it in the public, i am sure everyone will like it.

Pixna
July 30th, 2009, 06:30 AM
WOW!!! I love it -- and I love the color combination, too. It is striking and elegant at the same time. Go for it!!!

Chrissy
July 30th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I love it!!! Also I love your freckles. I had them as a child but now they are gone. :(