PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a lazy bun and a chopstick bun?

rhondalicious
July 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Halp! I am a little confused - is there really much of a difference between the lazy bun and the chopstick bun? I've seen videos of both, and it seems like the only difference is whether you wrap the hair around a finger or the whole hand.

I've been doing the chopstick one (whole hand) and sometimes I can get it to hold really well, and sometimes it just falls out right away. Is the lazy bun more stable? (My hair is allllllmost waist, pretty thick, and has a very small amount of taper in the last couple inches).

Norai
July 31st, 2009, 12:08 AM
y'know I wondered the same thing when I watched the chopstick bun video.

I find the lazy wrap bun holds much better for me if I have very slightly damp hair (I just get my hands wet and run them over the length while held in a pony).

rhondalicious
August 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hmm, damp buns do always hold better in my hair, I'll have to try that one. I think the fact that the hole is only a finger big instead of a hand big on the lazy wrap, means it might stay better.

klcqtee
August 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I know this doesn't really relate to what you asked, but if you're looking for a bun that stays, my collarbone length hair stays well with shopsticks and a cinnabun. I think that a cinnabun may be a little heavy at waist, but it could still be possible.