PDA

View Full Version : This is Ms Monnie

Unregistered
March 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I have a problem. I have absolutely no idea what my password is as I've not had to log on manually since I joined. I've tried all the usual things but none of them worked. The email address I used to join was my mother's business address because both of mine are either yahoo or hotmail. So when I clicked the "forgot your password?" link and waited for my mum to say "what the hell is this email about?!" I realised she changed her business name and thus her email address and she's stopped having the mail from her old address forwarded.

Being a bit dense, I'd like to know what steps I should take to get my password back?

Ms Monnie.

Flaxen
March 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Ms Monnie,
Click on User CP, then Edit Details (to the left), then Edit Email and Password. You'll be starting over with a new email and password. Many of the free email services are disallowed now, but gmail is one that you may use. Reply to the email key, and you should be all set! :grin:

Broken Angel
March 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Ms Monnie,
Click on User CP, then Edit Details (to the left), then Edit Email and Password. You'll be starting over with a new email and password. Many of the free email services are disallowed now, but gmail is one that you may use. Reply to the email key, and you should be all set! :grin:

Ms Monnie doesn't remember her password, so she can't log in to even get to the UserCP to change her email address.

Getting a Gmail account is a great idea though. However, and I don't mean to speak out of turn here, but I believe the only solution would be for a staff member reset her password and send the new one to her in an email (not to the email address she has on file for this forum), so that she could then log in and change all of the necessary information (ie: password and email address).

The only drawback in this, is making sure that Ms Monnie is THE Ms Monnie. But since she seems to be a long standing member, I would think that others would be able to verify that for the staff.

Beatnik Guy
March 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Ms Monnie doesn't remember her password, so she can't log in to even get to the UserCP to change her email address.
Yes. Ms Monnie, you have my email I think? Or email tlhcstaff at gmail.com :)

Broken Angel
March 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Yes. Ms Monnie, you have my email I think? :)

That would be perfect! She can contact you (which would verify her identity) and then you would be able to change her password, give her the temporary one, and then she would be able to log in and take care of the rest.

Flaxen
March 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
:doh : <awards self the Missing the Point Medal for today>

Broken Angel
March 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
:doh : <awards self the Missing the Point Medal for today>

Aww! With as much as you guys (all the staff) have been dealing with getting the forum back up and running in tip top condition, nobody can fault any of you for little lapses here and there. :flower: