PDA

View Full Version : Yaaay, it's my 5th anniversary . . . and I missed it

Poetic
July 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Sunday was my 5 year anniversary as a member of Long Hair Community. :cheese:Unfortunately, I did not notice it until today.:confused: My hair has improved a great deal since becoming a member. I even got it to grow to tailbone length. It is no longer at tailbone (hair disaster). But hopefully in a year and with your help, by this time next year tailbone will very much be back in sight.:)

patience
July 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Happy Anniversary! :cheer:

Coriander
July 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! :cheese:

jennylouwhoo
July 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
happy anniversery

LittleOrca
July 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
:cheer: Happy Anniversary! :cheer:

Garnet66
July 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats on your anniversary.

Addy
July 27th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Congrats of 5 years! :cool:

Care to elaborate on your hair disaster?

Poetic
July 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Congrats of 5 years! :cool:

Care to elaborate on your hair disaster?

Sure, I can elaborate. You see, I have curly/wavy hair, and during a long illness about a year ago it got matted in some areas. When I could not get my hair undone myself after several attempts and over a period of weeks, I decided to go to a beautician (I fear beauticians).

Well, the lady I went to assured me she could get the mats out. She would not do much cutting and she would be as gentle as possible, she said. Because I could not see what she was doing and she assured me she was simply cutting through shed hair, I did not realize until I got home (she secured my hair in a knot before I left) that the huge clumps of hair hitting the floor were not mats at all but length I was losing.

I realized too late that the woman was not listening to me at all . . . that she hadn’t a clue. My hair in the end went from tailbone to just around waist in most area . . . despite her not having given me a haircut. The more damage parts (those at the top of my head) went to just above breasts length. It is now slowly growing back. I am hoping to have it nearer tailbone and one length within the next year.

pilateschick7
July 27th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Congratulations on you anniversary! I am so sorry about your disaster.
It is very sad when I think a (hair) body guard service by another LHC member or a trusted family member should go with us to the beautician for protection.

BlueWaterRed
July 27th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Happy anniversary and I hope you have good year ahead.

Tressie
July 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Congratulations! Wow, five years!! Sorry about the hair disaster, but at least the sylist didn't cut it all off! It WILL GROW BACK!! (o:

GlassEyes
July 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Happy Anniversary! :D

Debra83
July 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!

Poetic
July 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks everyone!:flower:

WritingMum
July 27th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary! May you have wonderful, healthy, beautiful growth. [It's nice to see I'm not the only one on a slow track to gurudom. (Opportunity for patience--Pthththth!) Quality over quantity, right? :) ]

best regards,

WritingMum
July 28th, 2009, 12:01 AM
And may you be healthy in the days and years ahead.

Redheaded Raven
July 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese: And good luck reaching tailbone length

jera
July 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Happy 5th anniversary !!! :)

:cheese::D:cheese::D

DavidN
July 28th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Happy 5 year anniversary at the LHC, Poetic, and here's to many more years in our community!

It is ironic that in 5 years of you being a member of our community, and me being here for 2 1/2 years, that our paths have never crossed. (Yes, there are a lot of members here!) I look forward to reading your future posts, and my best to you as you grow your hair to tailbone length once more.

Rentlle
July 28th, 2009, 03:22 AM
happy anniversary!!! :D

JamieLeigh
July 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Happy anniversary! :D