PDA

View Full Version : Slight Moment of Hair Celebration

lydimoo
July 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
:cheese:
Can I just say, today is the first time since i went a little crazy and cut off my hair (about 4 months ago), that I have been able to put my hair up.
Oh yeah, baby! May the growing continue!!!

Raederle
July 27th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Well, I'll be happy for you -- it's a nice feeling, isn't it?

redneckprincess
July 27th, 2009, 09:22 AM
congrats on your milestone and for continued growth

LittleOrca
July 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Congrats! I love when little mile stones are reached. They will occur throughout the growing process. It reminds us that we are getting closer to goal. :)

EtherealOde
July 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I will be happy with you too. :) No more going crazy! Two week rule, chant it to yourself...

jennylouwhoo
July 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
woot that is amazing

freckles
July 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
congratulations! That must feel great! :D

RancheroTheBee
July 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Good job! I know how easy it is to trim when you feel like it's still too short; once you can put it up, you really start to cling to the length. :p You're on your way!

lydimoo
July 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the support guys! Really appreciated.

Also; I had hair envy today. The waitress woman on the train had long, bum length (whats the technical term on here please?) hair and I was like "I WANT THAT HAIR!". Think I've found a new goal! Next milestone I think will be BSL. I think. Maybe. I don't know. It seems a long way off! Any other suggestions?

JamieLeigh
July 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Congrats! You should celebrate every tiny moment of hair joy, it makes the journey so much more fun and enjoyable. :flower:

ButterCup02
July 29th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Congrats!! That must feel great to be able to put it up again :)

Maddy25
July 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
YAY! It's a great feeling isn't it <3

lydimoo
August 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Am wearing it up right now and feel great. Woot woot! :disco:

JamieRose
August 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Such a great milestone to reach! Especially handy if you exercise- short hair that I had to secure with a million bobby pins at that length was AWFUL. Next stop, shoulders!

Amara
August 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Wonderful! What a nice relief that is!

AnneAdeline
August 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Also; I had hair envy today. The waitress woman on the train had long, bum length (whats the technical term on here please?) hair and I was like "I WANT THAT HAIR!". Think I've found a new goal! Next milestone I think will be BSL. I think. Maybe. I don't know. It seems a long way off! Any other suggestions?
Was it the top of her bum? That's called tailbone. If it was to the bottom, then that's classic.
Congrats! And now that you can put it up, it will feel like it is growing faster.

Tyrinaniel
August 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM

You know, after it hit my shoulders I just said, "You know, I'm going to be patient" which is difficult for me. Before I knew it, I was at BSL. It's just below BSL now. I'm better there, and you will too!! :p

Nyghtingale
August 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Lilli
August 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
So what style did you do? I'll be where you are in a few months and am collecting ideas.

lydimoo
August 5th, 2009, 07:39 AM
So what style did you do? I'll be where you are in a few months and am collecting ideas.

I clipped my fringe back (its now about 4 inches long), and put the rest of my hair into a ponytail and then looped the ponytailup so the ends stuck out. I know it probably sounds daft but i love it like that! I like the texture of the ends.

My friend once said it looks like a duck diving. So I call it my ducky-do.

The only thing with it at the moment is that the bottom bits at the back keep falling out of the band as they are very find and not quite long enough, so I think until they grow a little more I will do a half-up-half-down ducky-do lol.

Any other suggestions as to what to do with it would be good.

My hair is thick (there is loads of it) but fine, just about starting to tickle my shoulders (woop woop) at a length of about 16 ins.
When I had it cut 4 months ago it was just near my ears (looked horrendous!!!), in a bob style, so until I get it evened up (Probably on Friday after work), thats what style it is now. Any ideas welcome!

Lilli
August 5th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I clipped my fringe back (its now about 4 inches long), and put the rest of my hair into a ponytail and then looped the ponytailup so the ends stuck out. I know it probably sounds daft but i love it like that! I like the texture of the ends.

My friend once said it looks like a duck diving. So I call it my ducky-do.

The only thing with it at the moment is that the bottom bits at the back keep falling out of the band as they are very find and not quite long enough, so I think until they grow a little more I will do a half-up-half-down ducky-do lol.

Any other suggestions as to what to do with it would be good.

My hair is thick (there is loads of it) but fine, just about starting to tickle my shoulders (woop woop) at a length of about 16 ins.
When I had it cut 4 months ago it was just near my ears (looked horrendous!!!), in a bob style, so until I get it evened up (Probably on Friday after work), thats what style it is now. Any ideas welcome!

Last year I had my hair in a long bob, with a natural angle (same angle as my jaw) toward the front. I had it slightly undercut with no layers and it grew out really well and I didn't have to cut it for 6 months b/c it kept looking great. (You can see a pic in my profile, the one with my baby.) Also it required no styling b/c the undercut ends meant it naturally turned under. And when I put it in a ponytail, the blunt/undercut ends made the ponytail/stub look neat. This is probably what I'll do again in three months or so.