PDA

View Full Version : My hair strands gather around in groups

juliaxena
July 27th, 2009, 03:13 AM
And it is making me nuts. I don't have a lot of hair and that that I do have likes to gather in small groups the next day after the wash. It sticks together for some reason. It is not greasy, just beautifly moisturised. But beacause it sticks together, it looks greasy. Makes me want to wash my hair every dday, but I think my thin strands would not appreciate it. What is a girl to do?

maaria
July 27th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I understand that you want help with this problem, I have the same problem so I hope someone can give us some advise.:o

Anje
July 27th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Lots of folks get that. I do too, and it seems to happen more with moisturized hair than with overly-dry hair, at least for me. I have heard that it's a fine hair thing, and I speculate that it's an issue for lots of folks who have a slight wave, because the hair tend to clump into sections with similar wave patterns. When you're more wavy or curly, this is the sought-after "definition", but I agree that it's annoying when there isn't much to define.

Combing/brushing helps for a few minutes. Otherwise, I just put it up or braid it most of the time. No one can see clumps then.

embee
July 27th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Mine does that, always has, even when I was a kid and did nothing to/for my hair. My mom called it "rat tails", how lovely... not.

My solution is to wear it up. Brushing works only for minutes. Combing just creates new strings of hair. Stringy hair, clumpy hair, rat tails. sigh.

When my hair was short it did this too, and there was no hiding it. At least long it won't show in my updo! :)

juliaxena
July 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
My hair is short so I can't wear it up. I don't like updos either. I'm a bit saddened, is there no way to prevent this?

spidermom
July 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I don't know of any way to prevent this; maybe blow-drying (but not on hot). My hair dries ropey-looking, too. I don't mind it because I'm usually braiding it or putting it up anyway.

jennylouwhoo
July 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I just brush out the clumps

Petra
July 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Mine does this too, I think it has to do with my hair being slightly wavy rather than totally straight. When I want it straight and sleek looking I do what Spidermom does and gently blow-dry with warm and cool air. Otherwise, I just comb frequently if wearing it down, wear it up or wear it kinda messy looking down after sleeping in a braid to heighten the sad little waves I do have.

HairColoredHair
July 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I like it when my hair does that...

When it's all separated it's staticky and clingy and gets into everything! Not to mention when it clumps a bit it's better moisturized!

:D

jera
July 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
My hair is short so I can't wear it up. I don't like updos either. I'm a bit saddened, is there no way to prevent this?

Have you considered trying one of those dry shampoos and combing it through? They add body and get the greasies out without drying your hair out. :)

krn2891
July 27th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Mine does that too and it drives me crazy. I usually just wear it up when its doing that.