PDA

View Full Version : Since using sls free shampoo and cone free cond I don't need to wash hair everyday

templeofvenus
July 27th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone has noticed when swapping to sls free shampoo ond no cones conditioner they can go longer between washes? I am happy with that :)

Simplicity
July 27th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I just started with a no-sulfate poo last night and am hoping for the same result. I've been unsuccessfully trying to stretch to every other day from every day pooing for 18 months (total greaseball at 36 hours, still!) I feel I've tried everything (CO, diluting shampoo, dry shampoo, etc) and this is my last hope. I'm anxiously waiting to see if others share your experience!

templeofvenus
July 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I just started with a no-sulfate poo last night and am hoping for the same result. I've been unsuccessfully trying to stretch to every other day from every day pooing for 18 months (total greaseball at 36 hours, still!) I feel I've tried everything (CO, diluting shampoo, dry shampoo, etc) and this is my last hope. I'm anxiously waiting to see if others share your experience!

I too had to wash my hair daily or else I was a living greaseball, I am finding I can stretch to every other day with the sls free and cone free cond just on the ends of the hair. I do hope you get the result you want! wich sls free are you using?

Maddy25
July 27th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Hi! I recently made the switch you did as well and I havent had to wash my hair in two days so far, it's not perfect looking but it's still presentable. I find cutting cones made it a lot less greasy looking and what not so I can go longer in between washes (my hair is only shoulder lengthish so others may have different results).

templeofvenus
July 27th, 2009, 08:44 AM
yeah I think cutting the cones=less grease

Fethenwen
July 27th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Oh yes. Since I've gone CO. It's like it doesn't really get oily at all, more like stringy or waxy when my hair starts to get dirty, the best thing is that it doesn't seem to go limp!
Before when I used a lot of shampoo, my hair would look good only a few hours after I just washed it. Now it looks the best the day after :) Quite a change.

pradabacon
July 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I've only recently gotten a sulfate-free shampoo to try, I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet. But as soon as I went to cone-free CO, I definitely noticed the difference and I can go at least every second or third day now. Wearing it up helps a lot, too. I like to mess with my scalp if my hair is down, and that makes my hair much oilier. Plus, if it's a little greasy, you can't tell when your hair is put up. It takes a little time for your scalp to adjust to a new system.

Simplicity
July 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I too had to wash my hair daily or else I was a living greaseball, I am finding I can stretch to every other day with the sls free and cone free cond just on the ends of the hair. I do hope you get the result you want! wich sls free are you using?

I'm using Queen Helene Mint Julep. I had tried CO repeatedly, using all the tips and techniques described in the CO thread, but got greasy even faster than with shampoo. Maybe it's my water.

jennylouwhoo
July 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM
i am cone free and have noticed my length being softer but i did not change sls so it is probably that which is letting you extend your washes

Schmoomunitions
July 28th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Yes thats what is happening here, I switched my shampoo to Burts Bees and while its not silky after I shampoo, I dont mind cause I dont need to shampoo daily. Im amazed!

Flynn
July 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Venus, are you also brushing your hair less frequently? The combination of the two (not over-drying your scalp, and stimulating it less with the brush) can indeed make a very big difference! XD

templeofvenus
July 29th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Venus, are you also brushing your hair less frequently? The combination of the two (not over-drying your scalp, and stimulating it less with the brush) can indeed make a very big difference! XD

I would say my brushing habits are the same so its got to be the sls free shampoo and cone free conditioner that has made my hair less greasy! :)

LaurelSpring
July 29th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Yes! This is definately true for me. SLS and cones make my hair an oily greasy mess. Recently I got lazy and went back to diluted shampoo and after a week I was back to the greasies on the second day. I am back to my dairy whip and CV bars now with catnip for conditioner. LOVE IT!

dragonfrog
July 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I switched to sulphate-free shampoo and no-'cone conditioner quite a while ago, and it definately let me extend my time between washes. Before, I would wash my hair every 2-4 days, but now it's more like every 4-5 (or even 6) days. I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo, and lather twice with a very small amount. Then I follow with a no-'cone conditioner (I did use G TTTT conditioner for a while, but other no-'cone conditioners work just as well and are cheaper).

Recently, I tried a sample of another brand of sulphate-free shampoo, and my hair got greasy after only 2 days! So even among the sulphate-free shampoos there are significant differences.