PDA

View Full Version : Must stop doing this to my hair.

Speckla
July 26th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I hacked off the front of my bangs to about 2". I couldn't get a large tangle out so I reached for my handydandy scissors and snipped below the tangle.... oh well, it'll grow. I've done it before and I'll probably do it again...at least I can pull them up and secure with two bobbypins and a little gel gets them slicked into place. :rolleyes:

SimplyViki
July 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
That sounds like why I'm undecided as to whether keeping a pair of tweezers is a good thing or a bad thing. On the plus side, it's great for plucking out stray body hair from odd locations and digging out ingrown hairs. On the negative side, it's waaayyyy too tempting for me to grab the tool and start gouging into my face, trying to remove all the blackheads and pimples. Compulsive skin picker, I think. :shrug:

Next time try dousing the tangle in conditioner and getting it out that way. Tangles are frustrating, aren't they?

Rose J.
July 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
What again? :) Well, you're right, it'll grow.

Speckla
July 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
What again? :) Well, you're right, it'll grow.

I...well, no excuse. I have a ton of cute wide silk headbands that I'm wearing right now. :D

wintersun99
July 26th, 2009, 07:38 PM

Nyghtingale
July 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Oh no, throw out those scissors!

Debra83
July 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I hacked off the front of my bangs to about 2". I couldn't get a large tangle out so I reached for my handydandy scissors and snipped below the tangle.... oh well, it'll grow. I've done it before and I'll probably do it again...at least I can pull them up and secure with two bobbypins and a little gel gets them slicked into place. :rolleyes:

Eqyss detangler works wonders. I highly recommend it.

enfys
July 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Padlock the handles, and use the time getting the key and unlocking them to think about if you really want to do that!

In the meantime, those headbands can be cute.

Elettaria
July 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I find that oiling a tangle makes it much easier to get out. If you're getting huge amounts of tangles, it's worth thinking over your hair routine to see if there's anything you can improve. Though this just sounded like a moment of frustration. It must be much harder to resist with bangs, as opposed to those tangles that have a couple of feet of hair below them!

jera
July 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Yay for silk headbands, I am living with them myself. Throw out the scissors! :D

I have a braided black velvet Alice band for such emergencies. The scissors are kept in a drawer where they can never tempt me into hacking attrocities. :p