PDA

View Full Version : My hairy trip...

Medievalmaniac
July 26th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I thought I'd share my hair's story, since I'm new.

High school: Owwwwwww, poor hair, all perms and sun-in:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/IMG_1079.jpg

2006: Fried alive by a perm and color:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/Annabeach5.jpg

2007 July - heavily pregnant, with the Meredith Grey haircut and waaaay too blonde:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/IMG_7750.jpg

October 2007: again, too blonde:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/DSC_0803sized.jpg

hair this past October:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/newhair.jpg

And that's what I'm trying for, that auburn, healthy and just below the waist. I'm nearly there, but as you can see my hair has been more than cooperative and forgiving, given all I have put it through. But this which I'm aiming for now is truly the hair I have always, always wanted. I'm so proud of myself for giving up my need to try to fit in and for going for what is right for me!!! :cheese:

Elphie
July 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I think your new color suits your skintone much more nicely! Great pics, thank you for sharing them!

CindyLea1
July 26th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Looking good. Way to go.

I'm glad you have choosen to give up the bleaching, and all. I think you look better with the darker hair, anyways.

Maddy25
July 26th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Oh wow the Auburn hair is so stunning on you! It will look gorgeous at waist! Welcome to LHC :)

Rose J.
July 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Oh my, your hair is so beautiful right now! *sigh* http://files.dogster.com/images/common/emoticons/cloud9.gif

Nyghtingale
July 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures. Welcome to the family.

Medievalmaniac
July 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Well, the auburn is dyed, but I definitely love it morethan I have ever loved my hair before. I couldn't find any pictures of other colors it has been - it's been black, brown, reddish brown, pretty much ever color. But I agree with you that the darker colors are SO much better for me, and I just love my hair now. I will have to keep dying, but everything else is no product, and I'm aiming for no more than 5 dyes a year. It takes color really well, so I don't need to dye every six-eight weeks, twelve-fourteen works fine as long as I'm OK with a little greying on the sides. :)

Paper Moon
July 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
It's so cool to see hair timelines :D

It looks REALLY nice right now! And I just adore the pictures of your little family! They are so precious!

brok3nwings
July 27th, 2009, 04:19 AM
That last colour is just AMAZING on you! Your eyes and skin go perfect with that colour... and yes, that blonde colour is just not for you. eheh it made you go blah, and you are not blah at all!! Im glad you found what makes you happy :D

Chrissy
July 27th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi and welcome to LHC. I think you look much younger with the darker color. Thanks for sharing the different looks with us. You have a nice family.

embee
July 27th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Welcome! For sure the last picture has better hair color! :)

Just curious, what is your natural color? You look so "right" with the auburn....

Peregrine
July 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
The auburn color looks beautiful on you. Happy growing!

JamieLeigh
July 27th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Awww...The photos of your kids and family are adorable!! :crush: Thanks for sharing! Kudos on going for a more natural color, as well as length. It suits your face much better than the blonde seems to, although all of your photos are lovely. :flower: Welcome and good luck! :D

Medievalmaniac
July 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Embee - I've dyed it for so long and so many different colors that I don't know what it "really" is anymore...! I was platinum blonde as a child, and it darkened a lot as I got older. I started dying in high school. I think the natural color is a brown that is close to the auburn, because as you have noticed, the auburn is just the "right color" for me. Any time I've grown roots out, it's looked browny-red. But when I dyed it a brown with reddish tones, it looked wrong. So I went red, and voila! It looks right. :)

Fethenwen
July 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I think your new color suits your skintone much more nicely! Great pics, thank you for sharing them!
Exactly! And it looks really soft and healthy too. Congrats :)

jennylouwhoo
July 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
i love the new color it is amazing on you
happy growing

Tressie
July 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey! You are lovely and you have a beautiful family too! Your hair looks terrific!! Congratulations!! (o:

jera
July 28th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Your hair looks awesome. Congrats on the growth and new color. :p

Rentlle
July 28th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Welcome here!!!
so nice to read you gave up the bleachin!!
the darky colour looks soo good on you!!
it matches your tones and makes also your skin look better :)

Bunnyhare
July 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
i really like the auburn/red on you much better than the blonde..but you look so happy in all tha pictures! your family is beautiful!

Medievalmaniac
July 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Bunnyhare, thank you for the comments about my general demeanor...I do tend to be a happy camper. In my experience, the secret to being perpetually happy (when I'm not utterly irritated beyond belief because I pause to relfect on something dumb) is that I totally ignore what everybody else is doing, thinking and saying. I can get caught up too much in what other people do or say, and then I can get a little paranoid that things aren't as fabby as I think they are...but 90 percent of the time, I'm so busy living my life and being happy that it doesn't occur to me I might not be happy! lol I mean...let's get real, here: I have a big house full of books, three dogs, two cats, two daughters, a most-of-the-time fabby husband; I can paint, sew, and write; I go to Ren faires and concerts on a semi-regular basis - and, best of all, I get paid to read books and talk about them. Really - can you possibly BE luckier than I am? I've no good reason on Goddess's green earth not to be happy! :) I feel so blessed most of the time. Things get hard, I've had a really, really rough year this year, just lost my Dad, and my mom's been sick since, but overall - I feel so fortunate to live my life, and not the life of others I know. :o)

(Edited to explain for non-English speakers: "fabby" is my shortened version of the word "fabulous". :) )

Green Elf
July 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
You look sooo wonderful in auburn!!! Did you use henna?
It's a pleasure to read a person so happy with what she's got, it's rare!

melrose1985
July 28th, 2009, 08:16 AM
That color in your last picture is amazing on you. you look stuning!

LuXious
July 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Woohoo! Good for you! I have to tell ya, you look ten years younger in that last picture than in the one from the year before. I would never guess you were any older than me. That color is amazing, and you are beautiful.

Medievalmaniac
July 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Green Elfe - no, I used chemical dye (the ten-minute one, I think it's Revlon??) I am, however, seriously considering henna. I LOOOOOOOVE the results some of the ppl in LHC have gotten, the gorgeous, gorgeous medium-dark auburns...I am, however, still a little scared to go for broke with it, as I have been fiery bright red before - and that was NOT a good look on me! lol But I'll keep reading and studying up on it and learning...maybe I can meet somebody near me who would be willing to meet up and help me out, even, if I decide to go for it!

LuXious...I have to be honest, the younger-looking bit may well be partially because the kids sleep through the night and I finally gave up smoking, as much as because of the hair color...! But, I'll take that compliment and run with it either way, thank you so much!! :)

embee
July 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Congrats on giving up smoking, a rough road for many!

It's always a pleasure when kids sleep through. I thought if I could get enough sleep at night I could face whatever the day sent, and kids sleeping through was a *big* part of that.

PurpleAshes
July 28th, 2009, 10:59 AM
You look BEAUTIFUL with the new hair color and style.
Good luck with achieving your hair goal, here will finds lots of information that will help you with it :D

Islandgrrl
July 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome Medievalmaniac! You totally rock the auburn!!!

Cute kiddos, too, by the way!

aprilmay
July 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Best of luck with your hair goals! Sometimes little ones have strong opinions about your hairstyle so don't be surprised if you hear that.

Medievalmaniac
July 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM
April May - my oldest daughter (5) told me last night that she wants to grow her hair down past TBL, and she wants me to do it with her! lol The other one isn't quite two yet, so she really doesn't care what mommy's hair looks like. :)