PDA

View Full Version : Dullsville, Baby!.....

Peggy E.
March 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
You can really see the difference in my "before" and "after" hair, comparing the avatar picture (before) and the "Spidermom Log Roll" (pic below and in other thread - shouldn't have done two, I guess).

But my hair had been really nice, lots of shine, soft, easy to style. Then I began the Conditioner Only routine and it is now dull, coarse, flying all over and the stuff I have in my hair receiver is full of dusty-musty pieces which I'd not had before.

So, I'm wondering what it was that possessed me to go to CO in the first place? Anyone want to remind me, cause I'm thinking that I'll be switching back to my favorite shampoo and get it over with!

What has gone so wrong??? (Other than the obvious, that being it's MY hair on MY head!)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/3-9-08003-1.jpg

Shermie Girl
March 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think that your hair looks lovely and I don't see much difference. Of course, the things you are worried about are often not visible in a photograph. If CO washing isn't working for you and not making your hair happy, then go back to the routine that was working. There is no right or wrong in hair care. There is only what makes you and your hair sublimely happy. :D

ladiosaRosa
March 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think that your hair looks lovely and I don't see much difference. Of course, the things you are worried about are often not visible in a photograph. If CO washing isn't working for you and not making your hair happy, then go back to the routine that was working. There is no right or wrong in hair care. There is only what makes you and your hair sublimely happy. :D

Ditto, ditto what Shermie Girl said. I think your hair looks beautiful in both pictures but you are, after all, the best judge about changes in your hair. Go with what works for you.

walkinglady
March 9th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Does your hair change it's mind, kind of like seasons. I know mine does. Maybe CO is just to moisturizing right now. Also, is it possible you need to clarify. I like CO but I do find I get buildup faster this way.

By the way, you have beautiful hair, it looks great in both pictures!

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Go with what works. There is no law where it is written that you MUST use routine A. :)

Hypnotica
March 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I would vote for buildup too. I can't do CO because of limp, dull hair.

serenitygal
March 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'd say do whatever works best for you. I have curly-wurly hair (spirals on the last 6-8 inches, waves through rest). It's been suggested that with my hair type I should be CO ONLY, and NEVER use shampoo. That doesn't work well for me. I CO most of the time (about 3-4 x/week), but need to use a diluted shampoo to clarify every month or six weeks.

I don't know how different the lighting was in the two pictures. When I look at the second pic, your hair does look a little duller, but it also looks a lot darker than in the avatar. In the avatar, it looks silver-white, while in the second pic it looks darker grey. Could part of it be the lighting?

I'd say that if your hair prefers 'poo, use it. You might also try changing conditioner brands. When I use something like Biolage's rosemary-mint stuff, I LOVE the smell (and no artificial fragrance, yay!) but it leaves my hair coarse, kind of oily-looking, yet dry and flywaway. When I use my favorite brand, it works like a charm, and I get sleekness and smoothness and little in the way of frizzies.

Good luck! And, by the way, I've always liked your updos. They inspire me to more creativity than my usual throw-it-in-a-clip-or-French-braid-and-go styles.

SchnauzerMom
March 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Your hair looks very pretty. I kinda get the impression from what I've read that sometimes a routine stops working for a while and you have to change. Maybe in your case it's time for a change.

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Go with what works. There is no law where it is written that you MUST use routine A. :)
Agreed.

Peggy, your hair looks wonderful either way, but if it makes you unhappy, then it's your choice as to what you want to do about it! :) CO isn't evil, but then again, neither is S&C. It's all about what works for you.

Liluri
March 16th, 2008, 02:51 AM
It looks to me like one photo has flash and the other doesn't?

tiny_teesha
March 16th, 2008, 03:12 AM
maybe too much moisture and you need protein? I recently stumbled onto the opposite problem (too much protien) change the brand of conditioner? Or do a protein mask?

frizzinator
March 16th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Like the other posters said, your hair looks great.

I tried CO for a couple of months last year, but ultimately did not like it. Conditioner contains alcohol which does the cleaning in the CO method. For long term use, alcohol does not seem like the best choice for hair.

aisling
March 16th, 2008, 03:49 AM

Exactly! And there's no rule that you must use only one washing routine either, I mix and my hair and scalp stays happy. I CO for moisture but also wash with shampoo every week because too much CO makes my scalp rebel.