PDA

View Full Version : Look at this hair!

LittleOrca
July 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I saw this picture and was just like "WOW!" It's definitely longer than my goal length and I wonder what kind of updos she puts her hair in or if it's all braids. (I'm guessing a lot of buns!)

Super long hair! (http://www.cybertranslator.idv.tw/bilingual/photos/short_odd-1/China-super-long-hair-2.jpg)

Shermie Girl
July 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
That is incredible. But I wouldn't even want to attempt to braid that long. I imagine bunning is the way to go with hair that length. :)

wintersun99
July 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM

Naamah
July 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Wow. That's incredible. But I definitely wouldn't want hair that long. :P

LittleOrca
July 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Honestly? I think it's a bit freaky. I also think it strange (and maybe it's the photo) that it seems to thin out near the bottom of the chair, but then appear to get really thick as it stretches along the floor? It just seems like something's off...

I think a lens is being used, similar to a fish eye (note the bend in the stool's leg). The ends are closer to the camera and twisted and look larger and fuller than they probably are.

Lord Bélgorôth
July 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
WOW.....shudder:

longhairedfairy
July 25th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Honestly? I think it's a bit freaky. I also think it strange (and maybe it's the photo) that it seems to thin out near the bottom of the chair, but then appear to get really thick as it stretches along the floor? It just seems like something's off...
I think it's just the perspective.

CTH3989
July 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Wow... I don't want my hair that long.

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Can you imagine how heavy that is when it's up in a bun.

wintersun99
July 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM

ZadenWillowfyre
July 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Holy moley!!! That is some amazing dedication to hair growth.

Roseate
July 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, all the things annoying civilians say about LHC-length hair, I am tempted to say about this hair. "How does she braid all that?" "It must take FOREVER to wash" etc. That is some hair.

(And I second a bit of skepticism about the thickness of the ends. It looks like a believable taper until it hits the floor, then twists into such a thick rope- it looks like more than lens distortion to me.)

ETA: I sound so down on this lady and her impressive hair! Impressive it surely is. I just can't help but think logistics! ;)

SimplyLonghair
July 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I have seen long hair before irl :D but not that long:shocked:

Chromis
July 25th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I found this article, but she did not say how she normally keeps hers: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-07/06/content_457621.htm

I know some of the previous holders of the title mentioned that they braid or bun it, and the man with the longest dreadlocks carries them in a basket.

snowbear
July 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
That's dedication!

Rain76
July 25th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I saw this before, too, and I think it is trick photography. I don't think it is really that long. They probably used photoshop. That is just my personal opinion:)

Kristen_Marie
July 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
That is insanely long hair. Though it is impressive, I think my family would disown me if I were to even *consider* growing it that long. >.> My sister already dislikes being seen in public with me when my hair is down and it's right about classic length (tops of thighs, nearly).

CaityBear
July 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Kind of cool... but I would never, ever want hair that long, personally. It'd be impossible to do anything with! Too long to leave down, but probably extremely heavy on the head when up.

pdy2kn6
July 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I bet she has a headache 24/7!!!!

janiejones
July 26th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I personally have no idea how I'd manage hair longer than my feet (at whatever length, not necessarily this photo), just the daunting task of detangling it and putting it up....I suppose you'd get used to it, but still, that's just a lot of material to be working with.

Wicked Princess
July 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hahaha. I looked at this thread right after I wrote my opinion of what was considered long hair in another thread.

When I wrote in the other thread, I said that knee+ length = "DAMN *internally vows to have hair that long*"

So something like this would be..."DAMN..."

I never want hair past my feet...it would just be too unmanageable, as I want to be able to wear my hair down, and free at that length. But I also vowed to see how long the terminal length of my hair is. After this picture, I somewhat fear that my hair having a terminal length longer than my own height.

FaeryTails
July 26th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Wow... that is incredible! Rapunzel hair.....

Quixii
July 26th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Wow!
But honestly, I wouldn't want hair that long. At that point, I think it goes beyond pleasing yourself and becomes just a show for others. I think even ankle length would be too long for me. I just don't want it.. that long.

alexnl
July 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
It's an amazing sight allright, but sooo impractical. Even though the pic looks a bit "off" it is real by the way, if you search around on the net, there's plenty of pics that are proof enough.

But it is just too long in my opinion. Long hair shouldn't be that long that it drags on the floor, it sort of devaluates the beauty of long hair when it drags the floor and picks up dirt from the floor as if it were a broom.

Alex

ericthegreat
July 26th, 2009, 02:09 AM
I think we all need to give this woman praise for literally being able to to somehow manage such an extraordinary length of hair. Is her length for everyone? Clearly from the responses here its definitely a no, but we should definitely respect that she is willing to somehow take care of her hair, it looks to be in great condition at even that length which looks well over 10 feet!

Aditi
July 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM
:thudpile: How on earth does she even manage to wash her hair, beautiful thought but not at all my cup of tea.

Xan
July 26th, 2009, 06:16 AM
wow I bet she can make a really awesome braid. It would be cool to have hair that long for a day,

ChatoyantLocks
July 26th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Wow! That's gorgeous! And extremely impressive!:thud:

Medievalmaniac
July 26th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I give her kudos...It looks as though it would take hours to brush and put up her hair! Plus, it is in really great condition. Incredible...but definitely, definitely not for me!! As if mine would ever get that long in the first place...pshaw! I'll be lucky to get to TBL.

enfys
July 26th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Patricia Pineau, a professional hair expert, says given that an individual hair grows between 1 and 1.5 centimeters a month and that its usual life expectancy is about three years, a person with very long hair is quite exceptional.
Intersting quote from China daily article...3 years?

I would not like hair that long on myself. I mean, how does she go to the toilet? And think of all the shampoo she must use. And how long it takes to blow dry....

In all seriousness I think it's cool she can grow her hair that long, but the thought of spending my life stood on stools so spectators can look at you? She's not here to decorate our world, isn't that an unofficial motto?

neon-dream
July 26th, 2009, 07:36 AM
LOL No thanks!!
I've seen this one before and it got me wondering if she's just really short or her terminal is really long, or both??

This is another one: http://historyofck.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/long-hair-2.jpg

and here: http://www.crazynews.net/dp/files/2-16.jpg

:D Enjoy!

Denise
July 26th, 2009, 07:39 AM
She's real (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12540)--and so is her hair.

Chromis
July 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Wow!
But honestly, I wouldn't want hair that long. At that point, I think it goes beyond pleasing yourself and becomes just a show for others. I think even ankle length would be too long for me. I just don't want it.. that long.

In many articles she has said that she loves having long hair and could not imagine wanting to cut it. I'd say it sounds very much like it is pleasing her.

swanns
July 26th, 2009, 07:56 AM
A lot of our comments sound like the ones we hate hearing from people outside TLHC. ;)

BlueWaterRed
July 26th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Just to know it's possible is pretty inspiring. I'd love to know what her routine is.

LisaB234
July 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
WOW - her hair is amazing. She has done a great job keeping it healthy and growing it. I am not that dedicated but totally appreciate what she has done - AWESOME!

Cool to see that terminal can be longer than your height. I have a friend at terminal that's only at tail bone length. I wonder where my terminal length will be? If it's that long I may not have the dedication to find out. . .

Finoriel
July 26th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Exactly swanns. She´s not here to decorate our world and I hope for her that she decorates her own world and is happy with her live.
The pictures are unique and not many people have hair that long - may we like it or not.

AuntyClaus
July 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I just wonder how many times a day she gets the Locks of Love lecture?

Dementia1013
July 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Wow that is fabulous! Just think of all the updos she could do! :D My dream hair would be to have the 'anime' look. The really long purple hair, but if it ever got that long I would probably die from migraines everyday. Great condition for the length too. Just absolutely beautiful. :D

Poetic
July 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Can you imagine how heavy that is when it's up in a bun.

Can you imagine how heavy it is when it is wet?!:shudder::scared:

BlackfootHair
July 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I like her hair--on her. I wouldn't want it on me, but to each their own. :) I admire it for the sheer dedication she has given it.

free_hug
July 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM
another article:

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200503/25/eng20050325_178199.html

in daily life she keeps it tied up on her head with a kerchief.

only photos concentrate on her hair down and not on how she deals with it normally.

see: http://images.google.hu/images?q=dai%20yueqin&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=hu&tab=wi

free_hug
July 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
And a couple more similar heads, starting with Dai of course:
http://www.limitthesky.com/?p=218

To be honest... my first thought is "creepy". Yeah, without the fisheye angle it's better, but still. :shocked:

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM
A lot of our comments sound like the ones we hate hearing from people outside TLHC. ;)

I was just thinking that and agreeing with what ericthegreat was saying. :)

EtherealOde
July 26th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Wow! The only thing I can say is that the work involved in caring for that mane must be enormous. I would have to have help if it was me, I'm far too lazy to dedicate myself to a project like that. :) I wonder what her growth phase is, for the hair to have reached such length. It can't possibly be 26 years, can it?

SHELIAANN1969
July 26th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think it's cool! I don't think my hair will grow that long, but then I surprise myself each time I see the length in a pic of the mirror when I walk by. :D

I imagine she does her hair (wash, comb, detangle, bun/braid) every couple of weeks, with some help of course.

I don't think it's freaky or weird at all, and I am really quite stunned at some of the negative comments that I have seen about her hair.

This is *the* Long Hair Community, where I have observed great and glorious lengths, how does 3 or 4 or 5 more feet make something less attractive?

At any rate, it's super impressive!

Who knows where my own hair will end it's growth, or where/when I decide that it's too much for me? As long as my hubs is around to help me, if it gets to be too much for me, I will be cool with that. But one never knows.

To each their own, I think it looks fantastic!

Poetic
July 26th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Definitely cool. I think I would love to comb and/or braid it just once. I wonder if she has it professionally care for--trimmed, shampooed, etc--and how much extra she is charged if this is the case.

ilovelonghair
July 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I don't find it creapy, just seems unmanageble to me. How do you comb that? Braiding would be impossible, I already find that impossible at knee-lenght (when I had it that long)
If my hair would grow like that, I'd probably keep it ankle length or maybe a bit shorter, just because it's not practicle.

Redheaded Raven
July 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wow Rapunzel hair

teela1978
July 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM
That's impressive!!! I really thought that first image was photoshopped!!! Beautiful hair.

rhubarbarin
July 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I think it's amazing that people have terminal lengths that long, and I think it looks pretty neat too. But I personally would never want hair much longer than my own body as a matter of aesthetics.. not to mention the labor and weight involved.

To those people who are saying 'creepy', it makes me laugh. Before I found LHC I used to google 'long hair' all the time and that was the favorite word regular folk used to describe hair that was longer than waist!

Bunnyhare
July 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM
don't forget, she did not get this hair all at once, she would have grown into the routine with the hair! i can't say i would want mine this long, but who knows..the closer i get to it i may just let it grow too! i doubt mine will go that far anyway but you never know

Wanderer09
July 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
She's real (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12540)--and so is her hair.

So some of you actually met her? Is she a member here?

Elbereth
July 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Ooh, it's nice to know that my hair is already "creepy" length!:D
Obviously, that lady has found some routine that works for her- her hair looks quite healthy. If she still enjoys her hair at that length, good for her. To me that length looks difficult to maintain. But then, haven't we all heard that "short hair is easy, long hair (BSL and beyond) is so hard/time consuming to take care of"? So maybe she has used to handling superduperlong hair and it is no more difficult to her than working with my hip length hair is to me.

Starr
July 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I have to say that the sheer length and health of her hair is amazing- just beautiful!

Stubborn
July 26th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I think her hair looks great... It's also making me curious about my terminal length.... haha.

DotDotDot
July 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Wow. I wonder how she washes it? Imagine how much conditioner that would be! (If she uses it.)

Maddy25
July 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Holy Smokes!!!!!

WritingPrincess
July 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think it's freaky or weird at all, and I am really quite stunned at some of the negative comments that I have seen about her hair.

This is *the* Long Hair Community, where I have observed great and glorious lengths, how does 3 or 4 or 5 more feet make something less attractive?

These were my thoughts exactly as I was reading. She has impressive hair, and I would never have guessed that LHC only caters to those with hair no longer than their body. /sarcasm

So some of you actually met her? Is she a member here?
I don't think she's a member. But. Did some of you really meet her?

I don't think I could handle that much hair, but if she loves it and finds joy in it, that's great. I've been dreaming lately of growing my hair 3-6" past the floor. Part of me hopes for a terminal far longer than I would ever want, and part of me hopes I can reach terminal, without it being shorter than ankle. I'm finicky.

rach
July 26th, 2009, 02:39 PM
is this for real !!!!!

free_hug
July 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well, i totally don't agree with drawing a parallel between LCHer to "outside world" and her to LHCers saying "eeek". And not only because i say eeek :D

But also because - sorry but - this hair really does limit this woman in many, many, many ways, and probably requires half her life to take care for it. Whereas very long hair LHCers still keep their hair and the time it consumes at bay (with updos and the like). Also, for most people, many LHCers included i presume, hair that can only be dragged on the ground is waaay, way too much of a good thing :(

Plus i also think that half the time this "outside world" grumbles at waistlength hair its purely out of hair envy, and here everyone who says eeeek does not say it out of any kind of envy.

eresh
July 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM

She has great hair, I think it's a real accomplishment to keep hair this long looking so very good!
*thumbs up*

Creepy??
I thought we were the LONG hair community ;)
Though not everyone might want their hair this long, it takes a lot of patience and care, so I say all the more power to her!

spidermom
July 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM
That's pretty awe-inspiring. Does she hold the world record for non-dreaded hair length? I'll have to keep this image in mind for perspective the next time I start thinking that my hair is more trouble than it's worth.

free_hug
July 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Well, i totally don't agree with drawing a parallel between LCHer to "outside world" and her to LHCers saying "eeek". And not only because i say eeek :D

But also because - sorry but - this hair really does limit this woman in many, many, many ways, and probably requires half her life to take care for it. Whereas very long hair LHCers still keep their hair and the time it consumes at bay (with updos and the like). Also, for most people, many LHCers included i presume, hair that can only be dragged on the ground is waaay, way too much of a good thing :(

Plus i also think that half the time this "outside world" grumbles at waistlength hair its purely out of hair envy, and here everyone who says eeeek does not say it out of any kind of envy.

Addenudm: no offense meant, to anyone, including the lady with 4 meters of hair. The "creepy" goes mostly for the thought of hair or anything that seems to take a disproportionate effort to someone... and that includes either hair longer than "me-length", but could include styled and processed short hair that takes an hour each morning to style, or any length or style that makes someone spend half their life on a visual feature. That's all.

At the same time i understand i was pretty prejudiced on the case. Apparently she manages to wear her meters of hair and live a normal life (with tying it up in a kerchief or any other way). So just wearing it as it is and letting it down only on special occasions is her choice, so let it be respected.

Ummm, spidermom, a mass of hair like yours is more than enough to be an inspiration for me :) and many others on the site.

nowxisxforever
July 26th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think it's creepy at all, I think it's gorgeous! I'd not want my hair past ankle, longest, just because I want to be able to wear it down *sometimes* and to be able to care for it myself. Heck, I'd be content to maintain at knee-length. I have no idea how long my terminal length is though.

I'm sure she doesn't find her hair hard to care for since she's dealt with it for years, though!

Sooo amazing!

wintersun99
July 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM

ericthegreat
July 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I agree that I am rather saddened to see many of the "OMG her hair is just waaaay too long" comments here on this thread. These are the same criticisms that many of us on LHC including myself have received, and we all know how terrible it feels to have someone else tell you that you shouldn't wear your hair that long. Clearly we all are willing to put in the extra conditioner and extra coconut oil and the extra time necessary to maintain our hair. So this lovely woman is doing the same except on an even grander scale. I really respect her for NOT cutting her hair back to a "manageable length"..........maybe for many of us manageable is TB length or knee length but clearly she is willing to dedicate whatever time it takes to care for her hair which is in wonderful condition even at her length. I feel that its actually remarkable that there are indeed some humans on this Earth who are capable of growing hair that is longer than they are in height!

GlassEyes
July 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Wow, this thread consists of like, everything LHC rallies against. XD 'how does she wash her hair?' Jeez.

That said, I don't think I'd ever want that length on me, aesthetically. It's just a personal choice. :shrug: I don't know if I could handle it that length; good for her for being able to. It is pretty awe-inspiring.

Jessikinz
July 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
That is amazing, and she sure has a lot of dedication towards her hair. It would be fun to braid hair that long, and I bet it would look amazing in a braid. I think it looks very healthy and beautiful. I respect anyone that can manage hair that length! Would be awesome to have that length of hair.

free_hug
July 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Wow, this thread consists of like, everything LHC rallies against. XD 'how does she wash her hair?'

Actually i'm getting more and more tempted to try and guess. It just starts to look like a fun idea.

So how would you wash hair that's a lot longer than you? And how would you wear it?

My first guess for washing: probably she mostly needs to wash scalp only, so with most the hair out the bathtub (and out the bathroom, at that) this task should actually be manageable... not very often though. Still, even if its tied up most of the time, she has to was the legth too - like once a month maybe? It doesn't get greasy, so maybe less? That process is sure to take a day though.

Anyone else, thought and ideas?

wintersun99
July 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Kleis
July 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
... but could include styled and processed short hair that takes an hour each morning to style, or any length or style that makes someone spend half their life on a visual feature.

Hair grows while life happens. :shrug:

I highly doubt she spends half her life on her hair, in any case. She undoubtedly has its care thoroughly streamlined, unless she wants to spend extra time pampering it.

Chromis
July 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
That's pretty awe-inspiring. Does she hold the world record for non-dreaded hair length? I'll have to keep this image in mind for perspective the next time I start thinking that my hair is more trouble than it's worth.

Here's the record for longest hair: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/extreme_bodies/longest_hair.aspx

None of the articles about people with these very long lengths have complained about the maintenance involved or mentioned their hair interfering with their normal lives. This article has a picture showing Xie washing her hair in a basin: majorlycool.com/item/super-long-hair/catid/20 (http://majorlycool.com/item/super-long-hair/catid/20)

rach
July 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
wow!!!!!
Guiness Record Length hair. (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/images/records/rhp/portrait/99247.jpg)

shadowclaw
July 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
That is quite a lot of hair! And it's so healthy, too. In case anyone's like me and doesn't do well with the metric system, her hair is 4.2 meters long, which is approximately 13.78 feet (or 13 feet and 9.36 inches).

I think I would enjoy having hair of that length for a little while, but I do believe I would grow tired of all the time that would need to be spent on it. I suspect this woman might have people to help her with her hair, which would certainly make her life easier. Maybe if my fiance would help with the washing and a team of friends braided it for me, I could manage having such a length :D

I bet she can make some killer braided updos. She could definitely do a great version of Princess Leia's medal ceremony (http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/9581/screencaphavenstarwarsiv6880jo0.jpg) hairstyle.

I also wonder how tall she is. Having 13.78 feet is amazing and it certainly is long, but hair naturally looks longer on a shorter person.

LadyLongLocks
July 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I saw this before, too, and I think it is trick photography. I don't think it is really that long. They probably used photoshop. That is just my personal opinion:)

Her hair IS real...look at this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFxSaYkNx9Q

She has some bun photos on the yahoo group Buns. Her bun is huge!

spidermom
July 26th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I read that her coworkers help her wash it and use one bottle of shampoo. Then she stands up in the back of a truck to dry it while somebody drives around. Or maybe that was another Chinese woman with very long hair.

shadowclaw
July 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Then she stands up in the back of a truck to dry it while somebody drives around.

That is fantastic! However, when I've tried to dry my hair with the windows open in the car, my hair just tangles. Of course, I usually take the highway to get where I'm going, and 65 mph probably doesn't work nearly as well as say, 10 mph if she's standing in the back of a truck.

Chromis
July 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
That is quite a lot of hair! And it's so healthy, too. In case anyone's like me and doesn't do well with the metric system, her hair is 4.2 meters long, which is approximately 13.78 feet (or 13 feet and 9.36 inches).

I think I would enjoy having hair of that length for a little while, but I do believe I would grow tired of all the time that would need to be spent on it. I suspect this woman might have people to help her with her hair, which would certainly make her life easier. Maybe if my fiance would help with the washing and a team of friends braided it for me, I could manage having such a length :D

I bet she can make some killer braided updos. She could definitely do a great version of Princess Leia's medal ceremony (http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/9581/screencaphavenstarwarsiv6880jo0.jpg) hairstyle.

I also wonder how tall she is. Having 13.78 feet is amazing and it certainly is long, but hair naturally looks longer on a shorter person.

How did I miss that hairstyle!? I think I have a new styling goal to work towards :luke:

Speckla
July 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I read that her coworkers help her wash it and use one bottle of shampoo. Then she stands up in the back of a truck to dry it while somebody drives around. Or maybe that was another Chinese woman with very long hair.

Ah....drool...ok, I'm back to reality. I just had a daydream of my hair being that long and it streaming in the wind behind me....:eyebrows:

redcelticcurls
July 26th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I wonder how some end up with such long anagen phases?

Rain76
July 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Her hair IS real...look at this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFxSaYkNx9Q

She has some bun photos on the yahoo group Buns. Her bun is huge!

Thank you! I obviously didn't do my research before posting my comment:) That is truly amazing!

JamieLeigh
July 27th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Now that's some hair. :D I love it, but I don't think I could handle it that long. Some days, I wonder if I'll even make it to knee without cutting. It gets on my nerves already. :(

ilovelonghair
July 28th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I wonder how some end up with such long anagen phases?

Not only that, but there must be hairs that are still in the growing phase, so she probably got really really thick hair in order to still have some thickness at the bottom of her hair.

ArUrbEx
July 28th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I am impressed with her hair. It's gorgeous and so healthy. I have to admit, the original photograph was a bit creepy, but I blame the photographer!

SHELIAANN1969
July 28th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I am impressed with her hair. It's gorgeous and so healthy. I have to admit, the original photograph was a bit creepy, but I blame the photographer!

I honestly do NOT see where anything about any of the photos is creepy. :confused::confused:

Anje
July 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I don't think I have the patience to have hair longer than would hit the floor when I sit down, but more power to those that do! It isn't everyday you meet someone who even has the genes to grow hair like that, let alone the genes, the patience, and the desire to have such long hair! Wonderful.

And I imagine the weight isn't terrible. You can get used to a lot, and the key with all long hair updos is to balance it well. Besides, she wears it in a scarf a lot which has to help with weight distribution, and she's got many years of experience with how to balance such long hair in a non-painful way.

Konstifik
July 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Woah! I never thought I would say this about long hair, but... That's overkill. :agape:

Miranda1995
May 3rd, 2010, 10:51 PM
Wow,

I let my hair also growing it's no to my ankle but it wil keep growing and as my hair will be so long as these girls than it will be, my mom has forbidden me to cut so it will be a great long length

Loreley
May 3rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Wow! That's really really super long! :D And it's so thick!

Misery
May 3rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
That's amazing...

kelly-j
May 4th, 2010, 01:40 AM
It´s really amazing that you can grow hair that long. I´m fascnated by it, but would never ever wanting hair that long.

Purdy Bear
May 4th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Wow, its gorgeious, and heres me having problems growing it an inch. Maybe this should be one for my wall, to inspire me to grow.

I dont know how she puts up with the weight. I have noticed a lot of the really long hair people do have fine hair.

hmmm
May 4th, 2010, 05:21 AM
My first thought was, I wonder how tall she is...
If she's very short, and if her hair was comparable to a normal height person's floor length hair, then it's probably believable... but I must agree with everyone who says it's strange.

Amraann
May 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
If she's very short, and if her hair was comparable to a normal height person's floor length hair, then it's probably believable... but I must agree with everyone who says it's strange.

I was thinking the very same thing!
She looks to be very tiny. I doubt she is even 4'11.
I agree with everyone who said they would not want their hair that long.
I can barely maintain thigh length!

growing2shine
May 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM
OMG!!! That's LONG. But it doesn't look very healthy.

Burgundyhair
May 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
:confused: I'm impressed she's kept it at that length and is quite able to wash and take care of it. That would be too much hair for me.

Yesterday, as I was walking downtown with my teen daughter, we spotted a woman with hair just passed her bottom or upper thigh region. She had it loose with slight wave from a braid perhaps.
All my daughter had to say was "OMG!!! That is really long hair!" It was nice to have seen out in these parts. The longest I have seen so far.

EtherealOde
May 4th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I was just thinking about doing a braid at her length, and it made my head hurt. I imagine it would only be possible with three helpers to do the braid, each taking a section, until the braid was at the point where one person could handle the remaining length. Once your hair is longer than your arms, don't braids get much more difficult? And the actual numbers stated in the record book put her length at over 18 feet. That is the total height of three tall people!!!

sserena
November 29th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I would never want my hair this long. It would interrupt my sleep and daily life. I also find it unattractive at a beyond extreme length.

AnnaJamila
November 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
:agape:

. . .

triumphator!
November 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Sweet Moses!

DreadfulWoman
November 30th, 2010, 12:31 AM
While I wouldn't want hair that long attached to my head, I do love that this is how diverse human beings are; not only are there people out there who are capable of growing hair this long, but there are actually folks out there who do grow their hair this long. The thought of it kind of rocks my world. :D

Octave
November 30th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Wow that is impressive. Kudos to her for being able to deal with such a long hair. Don't think I would last an hour with such a long hair.

thisischristine
November 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
It looks so wispy and thin towards the ends though....I wasn't bothered about blunt hemlines really, but I don't find that aesthetically pleasing. Kudos to her for doing it though, and if she feels beautiful, then that is surely the point of caring for your hair.

DARKMARTIAN
November 30th, 2010, 06:00 AM
If i was a bit more groggy and still trying to focus....id have thought an anaconda was trying to swallow her head first.....

groovy hair though....:p

Bonkers57
November 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Holy shicaca! :agape: Like so many others have said in so many words, I wouldn't want that length for myself, but if it works for her, more power to her!

Nae
November 30th, 2010, 06:19 AM
That is really cool. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to care for, if she kept it mostly braided/bunned and kept up in a kerchief most of the time. You wouldn't want to wear it down of course, I can only imagine the gunk that would get in the ends if it dragged on the ground. Eek. But other than that, it would be okay. I am not too big on wearing my hair down anyways. I suppose the weight could become an issue on some people but you don't really know til you get that long.

I can't imagine my hair would ever get that long but whoa, if it did I could do all sorts of insane styles from every fantasy movie I had ever seen!

nellreno
November 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM

She has four meters of hair. That would have to be a very tall person for it to be floor length!

Arndis
November 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Wow! Now that is Ovanan hair -- as in Colleen Doran's "A Distant Soil". There's a little taste in the middle right panel at http://adistantsoil.com/2009/02/25/02252009/ where Seren's hair puddles on the floor. On a much later page, she shows him looping it up over his arm for walking around.

I never thought that real people grew their hair that long, much as I sighed over it.

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
wow i feel like a skin head, if thats not patience I dont know what is, I personally don't think I could manage with hair that long...but man i wouldnt mind a day to try!

bluesnowflake
November 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Wow O.O that's incredible- must cause some neck strain, too!

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
That would make one AWESOME sock bun!

feralnature
November 30th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Too long and dirty looking, and yes, I know she is not here to decorate my world.