PDA

View Full Version : Do you get good growth by massaging scalp?

82exoticbeauty
July 25th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I did, infact I always massage my scalp 2 times daily! It stimulates the scalp by warming it and feeding it to the hair follicles inside and the nerves that are connected within your scalp and blood vessel connected to it! Those who haven't done it yet or haven't tried it, it's good while doing your oilings for your hair and scalp, and showerings! Never do scalp massage with your nails, or fingertips too vigorously!

Do scalp massages with your pads of your fingers sofly in circular motions throughout your whole head, not hard or too soft, but feel the warmth and feel the relaxment! I do it every thing on my head, the front, sides, middle, and back of my head!

Google scalp massages and you'll find good answers about it! Plus the Indian scalp massages techniques! it's also great when you take vitamins, oil your hair and scalp, and eating healthy, you can boost it more with scalp massages!

Lord Bélgorôth
July 25th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I should definitely try this more often then. Though, my sense of "vigorous" might not be the same as everyone else. So I hesitate doing vigorous things to my hair and scalp because I have no idea if I am doing it correctly and I don't want to mistreat my hair. :(

pdy2kn6
July 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I'm not a regular measurer so I am not too sure whether it has boosted my growth, but I love scalp massages because they really bring out my natural oils in my scalp, which makes my hair look a tiny bit greesy, but after I have prushed it really smooths out my hair and distributes all the natural oils down my hair.

CherrySilver
July 26th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yes, I do this on a daily basis, and sometimes twice! I love to apply oils/topicals and do my massages -- very relaxing. It's really making a difference as my hair is still very thick and grows like a weed.

Maddy25
July 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I just got my boyfriend to start giving me scalp massages while we watch TV and stuff. It hasnt been long enough to tell if it works but it feels good :)

spidermom
July 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Be aware that oiling the scalp causes increased shedding for a lot of people.

82exoticbeauty
July 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you for those post a reply, well actually, I don't shed much when I oil my scalp by mixing together with Camellia Oil and Castor Oil! I only shed between 5 to 12 hairs a day all day which is healthy shed when I oil! When I do without oilings plus showerings on different days, mines are about between 5-18 hair shed! The only time I shed about between over 20-30 are stress! But I do count hair strand shed

The only thing I shed more if I am stressed out, and less sleep like 5 hours or less if there are noise disturbance going on or if I hear a lot of noise! But now no noises when I sleep because I put on ear plugs when I go to sleep, and don't have any shedding problems!

redneckprincess
July 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I believe scalp massage does help my hair growth. I probally give myself 6 scalp massages a week for about 3-10 mins at a time..weather its while shampooing/conditioning or DT or maybe with oil or nothing at all sometimes

jojo
July 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I massage my scalp 3 times a week, when I wash and I am not 100% convinced it does anything for my hair growth to be honest but it feels good so I will continue!

florenonite
July 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I've done a bit of massaging, but I find it stimulates sebum production, so I only do it before washing (if I remember :p).