PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Thickness?

bahannas
July 25th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I know hair can grow at an uneven rate, but I thought mine only looked like it because of my deep side part. Well, now I have a fringe with a middle part, but my hair is noticeably thinner on the right side. It's also a lot more fragile and snaps/tangles very easily. I think this is probably a result of old highlights/vigorous brushing/having a deep side part for quite awhile. For those of you who have uneven thickness and weak hair, how did you get your tresses to even up? I know I can probably do micro trims and such, but I'd also like to keep my layers. I have also considered braiding this section of my hair and pinning it out of the way to prevent tangles and further breakage. Could this possibly help?

Also, any tips or treatments for strengthening this section of hair?

Sorry for rambling on, it's been a crazy day! :silly:

Sarah4983
July 25th, 2009, 08:19 PM
my hair is MUCH thicker on my right side... I'm not exactly sure why... Probably from parting it on the left toward the right my whole life... I've tried switching my part to other side but it feels too weird!
So, I don't have an answer for you, but I will be watching this thread.

longhairedfairy
July 25th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It's normal for it to be thicker on one side.:) I don't know if you can do much to make it more even. If it's from damage you can place your part just a little differently instead of parting it in exactly the same place every day.

ETA: Taking some biotin or MSM helps some people. If you don't mind putting coochie cream on your scalp you could use miconazole nitrate cream just on the damaged area. It can make it grow out a bit faster.