PDA

View Full Version : Soft Water Help

Knittergirl
July 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hi! So, I am spending the week at at a place with really soft water, and my hair is used to very hard water. Will I need more shampoo or less, more rinsing or less? Any advice?

Flaxen
July 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Our hair types are very different, but I do have soft, naturally acidic water, so maybe I can help. It's also been a long time since I used hard water, but I remember it very well. :lol:

With soft water, I need less of everything - Less shampoo, less rinsing, and less (and lighter) conditioner. With hard water, I would rinse forever, and my hair would still feel coated. That added volume when it was dry, but it also felt gunky.

The flip side with soft water is that my hair can go limp very easily. My hair is baby fine, though, and I doubt you'll have that problem. Some people say their hair feels slimy and hard to rinse with soft water, but I think they're just not used to the conditioned feeling that the water itself gives. I have no problem getting my hair to squeak, and over cleansing is very easy.

I think you'll really like soft water, so have a good time, and you just my not want to go back to hard water! :grin: