PDA

View Full Version : Easy and secure way for spirally curls!

Gothic Lolita
April 13th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I discovered this way of curling my hair yesterday by accident. I was bit bored and next to me lay a few of these tiny black claw clips.
I started making very little cinnamon buns all over my head. It looked very much like this... kind of stupid, so don't do it around anyone who could be fond of your looks.
http://www.thenewtomorrow.net/images/series/story/amber_hair.jpg

Anyway, I ran around like this for maybe an hour and then let my hair loose again. And: I had the most wonderful spirally curled strands I've ever had!
Normally my hair is just too thick to curl it and make it stay like this but these curls lasted really long. And I didn't even use hairspray or wetted them before bunning.
So, for me this definitley is a new option for making my hair look differently. It's easy and my hair isn't damaged at all.

Sorry, if anybody posted something similiar before!

Kazazi
April 13th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Cool idea and cool look. This might even work well with still short hair like mine. How small were the claw clips you used?

Gothic Lolita
April 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I used really tiny ones but it works well with anything else too. My sister's hair isn't even shoulder length and it work well with her's too. I used on her and on me the tiniest claw clips you can buy at H&M.

Kazazi
April 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yay, thanks, may give this a whirl :)

groque
April 14th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I will have to try this to get my wurls to be a little tighter.

thanks for the idea.

Gothic Lolita
April 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
The only thing that is important is not to twist or bun the minibuns too tightly. If you do the curls won't come out that good.

Katze
April 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I do this too and it works really well. It does take a while to get all that hair in there and to go with your natural wave (my ends spiral if I treat them right) but it's a nice way of getting quick wave.

For me, I'd rather find out something I could sleep in and get super duper lasting waves. Still working on this. ;)

Leisha
April 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I keep meaning to try this again! Used to do it sometimes and the results were always nice. Haven't tried it in ages though.

It is important not to twist the hair too tightly like you said :agree: otherwise my hair tangles and clumps together too much (keeps twisting together by itself).

jessie58
April 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
That's a cool idea, do you do it with dry or damp hair?

I can't see the pic though but I get the idea.

Gothic Lolita
April 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I did it on dry hair, but I bet it works eveb better on damp hair. My sister has a spray which is supposed to enhance curls and it works good on her too. I think you have to let the hair fully dry when it is still cureld, otherwise they might fall out again, but if they're only damp bunned it should dry rather quickly.