PDA

View Full Version : What's your biggest hair Pet Peeve?

HeatherJenae
July 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is phantom shedded hairs. Like you'll feel one tickle your arm and then grasp at invisible hairs, cause you're trying to find it, but there's nothing there! Then, a few seconds later...tickle again from the phantom hair! That and hair that gets stuck in the front of my shirt near my bra. Cause then I have to pull my shirt way away from me to try and look down and find it. Weirdo alert! :cheese:

Addy
July 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
OMG! I have done both of those things! I especially hate when I get the phantom hair in the shirt that tickles my side and I have to go to the bathroom and literally remove my shirt and find it attached to my bra!

So if you're a weirdo, I am too! :D

Sarahmoon
July 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Those white hairs that appear 20 years too soon :cry:

enfys
July 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I have a few. Shed hair is definately one of them. I had to pull one off DH2B earlier and it was never ending, almost.

Another of mine is the kinky hairs that chill out along my parting, sticking up through my hair. The odd ones that are someone elses really, not my hair.

RoseRedDead
July 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
The shed hairs I find knit into my clothing. It bothers me, but I can't do anything about it.

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Loose hair stands in my underwear. AAAHHHHHHH :justy:

neon-dream
July 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM
The length of time it takes my hair to dry, and the fact that I find hairs ALL over the place which I often think are bugs!

Konstifik
July 25th, 2009, 02:52 PM
That I never seem to find a cleansing-routine suitable for my hair, scalp and ends. When I find a routine that works for my hair, the scalp and ends dries. When I find a routine suitable for my scalp and ends, the hair get greasy. Yeah, you get the picture. So frustrating. :mad:

janiejones
July 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Those days where your hair is rebelling and won't cooperate with anything.....

NickalNack
July 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Shrinkage.

Noctifer
July 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Phantom strands and sheeds that get stuck on clothes. If i a sheed on my clothes i have to pick it away

swanns
July 25th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Strands that poke out from the rest of your hair looking like shed hair, then when you pull at them they're actually still attached to your head! :justy: Maybe I'm just a bit thick but this happens to me way too often.

Then there's the occasional frizz, dry hair, dandruff, hair feeling like one giant hairy lump, etc.

Coriander
July 25th, 2009, 04:01 PM
The hair that gets caught in your ... rear crevice after washing.

Jemoiselle
July 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Windy days where I HAD to wear my hair down! Then I try to quickly bun it and it just goes everywhere and gets wrapped around my neck! Oh, how about getting into the car on that windy day and closing the door only to find out my hair is stuck in it. I hate that!

krissykins
July 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM
The shed hairs I find knit into my clothing. It bothers me, but I can't do anything about it.

This bugs me so bad. I usually cut them out with scissors.

ilovelonghair
July 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Stringy-ness, lack of shine (even with henna) and frizzy stuff on top of my head. My hair has it's own life, I'll have to accept it :D

krn2891
July 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
People thinking that becuase you have long hair they can come up and touch it without permission

Copasetic
July 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I hate those phantom hairs! It also bugs me when I get shed hairs stuck under my bra strap. For some reason, I always end up with like five hairs under each bra strap when I get dressed.

noelgirl
July 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Finding lots of splits when I'm away from home and can't S&D, but then when I go to S&D later, they run away and hide.

Tap Dancer
July 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM

That's what I was going to say. :lol: My shed hairs end up sliding in there and the feeling drives me nuts. :p

klcqtee
July 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when I am getting freshly washed clothes out of the dryer/washer and I pull out a sock, attached to a bra, attached to a shirt, attached to another sock, attached to a pair of stockings, attached to some underwear, all by just one mass of hairs wrappped around and around each other.

Also, I hate when I got to clean out the drain and pull out a hairball the size of a golf ball! Ew...

I also hate when people straighten there hair everyday (a horribly common occurrence in a high school), then want to give me hair advice and think I should listen!

I think that that's all I have to contribute.

rose_in_bloom
July 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM

I HATE that!! And I always feel it when I'm in public and can't reach in to pull it out without getting odd looks! :lol:

Flynn
July 25th, 2009, 07:05 PM
People thinking that becuase you have long hair they can come up and touch it without permission

THIS. ARGH. AAARGH.

It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, it tends to be EXACTLY the sort of people I DON'T want anywhere near me or my hair! HAAAATE.

Sif
July 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM
That one long piece that escapes when you are braiding your hair and you have to figure out how to weave back in.

Bunnyhare
July 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Loose hair stands in my underwear. AAAHHHHHHH :justy:
I hate it when its tickling and hanging down from the waist band!!

Wanderer09
July 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Tangles. :mad:

Speckla
July 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
People pulling "loose/shedded" hair that's actually still attached. They learn this when I say ouch...or my left leg flies out and kicks them...nerve reflex....lol

Flynn
July 25th, 2009, 07:24 PM
WHat about "shed" hairs that are still attached to someone else? -- dbf and I have very similar-looking individual strands (though his hair is overall very curly, my strands once free make very similar spirals, and are only slightly finer and lighter in colour) and there is always a hair being annoying to one of us, and half the time it's still attached to the other one. We end up with a lot of *tug-tug* "Is this mine or yours?"

EDIT: This leads to his mum's biggest pet peeve... he and his older sister still live with their mum because they are both still studying. His sister has hair with a straight length of at least hip. His mum has super-short hair. Between the three of us, no matter how careful we are, there are always long shed hairs around the house, and it drives her nuts! *Laughs* (It's okay; she knows there's nothing we can do about it...)

Copasetic
July 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
That one long piece that escapes when you are braiding your hair and you have to figure out how to weave back in.

That happens to me all the time!! It also happens when I am trying to put my hair in a bun. It only ever happens after I have managed to achieve the perfect bun. I usually try to wrap the stray piece around my bun, but it never stays put.

Natalia
July 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah i have a few. The phantom hair drives me nuts! So do the ones that get stuck in those oh so unmentionable areas :p. Also when i am trying to but up a wrapped bun and i forget to twist my hair the opposite direction so i end up with this huge cowlick from my remianing layers that i cant figure out. Lol im a little slow sometimes :o. Shed hairs peve me in general mainly becasue im losing them but also for all the places i have to get them out of! I spend more time picking hairs out of my washed panties and bras than putting away PJ's! Fleece also holds alot of shed hairs :p.

Oh yes and those few strands that escape a braid/bun. Tangles of coarse and those vasishing spit ends when you reach for the clippers. Im sure there are more but thsts just off the top of my head....ummm no pun intended :D

CurlyGirlCa
July 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM

Yeah - like a hairball!

luckypenny
July 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM
hair in the bathtub drain....
I use a hair catcher thing to keep it from going down the drain, but it still bugs me to clean all the hair. I know this sounds odd but I use a hemostat to grab the hair and then I flush it down the toilete.

luckypenny
July 25th, 2009, 09:10 PM
HAHA! this is one of my pet peeves too! hair on my crack

xovictoryxo
July 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Frizz!!! Ahhhh

LittleOrca
July 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
All my little baby hairs standing up and going "LOOK AT ME!!!!" when I try to put my hair up in a nice style. I have to do it when my hair is wet to avoid hairspray (which I haven't used since probably January. *dance* )

Wicked Princess
July 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
When I see a split end and then it disappears and can't find it again to trim it off!

The tangles at the very end of my hair.

The um...hair that you find in...private areas...I don't want to feel like I'm being molested by my own shed hair. Ugh!

The fact that I have to worry about people touching my hair if it's down! I didn't when it was hip length, but now that it's TBL going on Classic...I've noticed an increase in people asking. Grr!

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Windy days where I HAD to wear my hair down! Then I try to quickly bun it and it just goes everywhere and gets wrapped around my neck! Oh, how about getting into the car on that windy day and closing the door only to find out my hair is stuck in it. I hate that!

I did one worse, I was putting groceries in the trunk and a wind blew my hair in the trunk as I was shutting it. My keys were laying in my seat so there I was, in the parking lot of Food Lion, with my hair stuck in the trunk. I flagged down a lady headed in to the store and got her to hand me my keys so I could pop the lock and free myself. I felt so silly. :o

RancheroTheBee
July 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM

Bonus points if you don't find them until later.

Okay, I'm going to go with slow growth and the fact that I diligently airdry my hair to get good curls, only to have to tie it back at night to avoid tangles. Ughn, what's the point?

Lord Bélgorôth
July 25th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Shedding hairs that fall in front of my face. They either end up poking my eye or they somehow end up in my mouth. :mad:

hoosiermama
July 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
1. that it isn't long enough yet.
2. that the bottom is curly and top is straight.
3. those hairs that collect in lower area :eyebrows: when
washing/rinsing hair and then having to remove
them from area. Eewwww.

pdy2kn6
July 25th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hair curving inwards at the bottom, I could never get my hairdresser to make my hair just blunt and not curved inwards or outwards...

Laylah
July 26th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I agree :p Also...
-hair in food, that when you pull them out, takes forever to unwind and catches bits of food on it, which makes you lose your appetite
-"phantom shed hairs"
-stepping out of the shower with wet feet and picking up shed hair

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Hairballs/hair wads left around your house or places you go frequently, such as the pool locker room... and the worst part is, they aren't yours! (because you have the decency to dispose of them... or in this case we will pretend you do. ;) )

Flynn
July 26th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Sheds absolutley EATING the vacuum cleaner.

jera
July 26th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Hairs that shed into the bed and get stuck to the sheets in various places. When I turn in my sleep, I swear the bed has a bug in it and it drives me crazy. But the next morning when making the bed or changing the sheets, I'll find these long shedded hairs all twirled around in there. :rolleyes:

rogue_psyche
July 26th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I guess this one's my fault. I don't change my brush after each use because I'd rather keep track of shedding visually rather than counting. I also carry my brush around with me in my purse, so sometimes I take out my wallet a whole bunch of hairs are clinging to it. This usually happens when I'm paying at my beauty supply store, which is extra embarrassing.

ilovelonghair
July 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hair getting stuck to/between objects: buttons, under someones armpit, between cussions on the couch, under my pillow, cardoor, seatbelt etc.

WelshLocks
July 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Layers that refuse to stay in any updo.Drives me bloody mad.

marajade
July 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
1) Shed hairs in funny places, such as underwear ;). Shed hair balling up during the dryer cycle, and having to birth a hairball the size of small child from the dryer.
2) Hair eating the vacuum cleaner.:rolleyes:

3) My hair has always been what I consider "brassy"- when its not well moisturized it looks awful (IMO).
4) Getting caught under SO, and trying to roll away and being trapped by my braid.

janiejones
July 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I guess this one's my fault. I don't change my brush after each use because I'd rather keep track of shedding visually rather than counting. I also carry my brush around with me in my purse, so sometimes I take out my wallet a whole bunch of hairs are clinging to it. This usually happens when I'm paying at my beauty supply store, which is extra embarrassing.

This is always an awkward situation....I always think, oh no, do I try to de-hair whatever object the hair is clinging to? Quickly put it back in my purse so no one sees it? Or just assume the cashier/other person isn't paying attention, and after all, it is only hair....what a dilemma.

EtherealOde
July 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM
When your hair decides it's time to shed a strand or two and you just so happen to be over a pot of soup or spaghetti sauce or something, and you SAW it drop but can't find it...

sweet*things
July 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I hate the giant hairballs that collect under the arms of my winter coat that tend to only reveal themselves at embarrassing moments. It is especially bad when someone else starts to pick them out for you.

prittykitty
July 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
When my curly hair is frizzy in humid weather and I have to be out in public with this awful mess and it makes my hair look shorter.

Toothe
July 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Sweet*things! Yes! Coats are the worst. Mine's always crawling with hair.

Also the piles of hair along my baseboards. It's a wonder there's any left on my head. :rolleyes:

HeatherJenae
July 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I also carry my brush around with me in my purse, so sometimes I take out my wallet a whole bunch of hairs are clinging to it. This usually happens when I'm paying at my beauty supply store, which is extra embarrassing.
This is so unbelievably awesome b/c I thought I was the only one! Every time I pull my wallet out of my purse, my chewbacca-like hairbrush comes out with it. And then hairs gets stuck in the zipper as you're trying to shove it back in like it didn't happen. :D

yogachic
July 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Shedding is my biggest pet peeve of long hair.

Maddy25
July 27th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I HATE the little hairs that stick up at the top of my head. I used to hairspray them down but since I've stopped using styling products I dont know what the heck to do with them.

JamieLeigh
July 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I can't stand having to fish hella long hairs out of the vacuum brushes. Especially the ones that wrap around and have to be cut off. :rolleyes:

HeatherJenae
February 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
When you're trying to do a light oiling and you suddenly realize you've hit a greasy point of no return, usually after having just lovingly washed and air dried it, only to ruin it's clean look for the next day or two before you can wash it again.

AspenSong
February 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Shedding. It seems like just when mine tapers off to seeming less freakish, it just starts again and I'm shedding shetland ponies again. (sigh) And right along with that...is all those shed hairs, everywhere. Here a pile, there a pile, everywhere a hairy pile. lol. I swear my trashcan in the bathroom is usually half full it seems like from me cleaning my Tangle teezer!

Hubby is on board with the shedding thing too....he's tired of pulling wookies out of our drain. lol

Lippytoes
February 21st, 2011, 02:13 AM
Finding lots of splits when I'm away from home and can't S&D, but then when I go to S&D later, they run away and hide.

THIS. I always notice stray splits if I happen to be e.g. fiddling with the end of my plait at work, for instance. And yet, when I get home: no sign of them! Fffff.

Aibell77
February 21st, 2011, 04:25 AM
I recognize a lot of things :)
My pet peeve is when I brush/detangle my hair and I walk to my room to pick out a toy, I come back and my hair is tangled again. (must remember to bring toy to bathroom)

jhator
February 21st, 2011, 05:57 AM
Mine is a shed hair in my sock. It doesn't happen often but when it does it's always when I'm out and can't just stop and take my shoe and sock off, so I have to walk around for ages with a hair rubbing against my toes. Once I had a very sore toe, only to find out later that a hair had wrapped itself around it and was cutting into my skin :confused:

CareBear
February 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Shed hairs everywhere!
Especially gross (and frustrating, cuz I put my hair up SEVERLY when I cook) is finding my own hair in my own food. I have decided that they must waft invisibly in the air and wait for me to start dinner before landing. grr. gross and embarassing!
Also, at work I wear a sweater, cardigan style, and I was in the bathroom one day and I raised my arms to mess with my hair, and saw in the mirror a HUGE hairball with hairy tendrils that had developed under my arm! It was actually pretty funny, cuz I was in there cussing at it and picking it off, and another girl with long hair came in and she said "oh I hate it when that happens!" so at least I'm not alone! :)
I also dislike how my hair tangles. I can't flip and brush because when I flip back its a rats nest. Ok, back in the 80's when volume was key that was fine, but now, not so much.

HeatherJenae
February 21st, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'll add another to our shedding frustration. How about when you're combing your hair after a shower or after oiling and your hands are slightly damp and you spend fifteen minutes trying to get long(inevitably tangled around your fingers) hair that's clinging to your hand into the trashcan. You try to whack it with air from your other hand, only to get it stuck to the other hand, and repeat that about twenty times.

Malaguena
February 22nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
Shed hairs found in the oddest places: DH's underwear, wrapped around my little one's toes (eek!), inside my cell phone... well, shed hair in general.

pixiedust
February 22nd, 2011, 01:03 AM
how aout how long it takes to grow :(

Lippytoes
February 22nd, 2011, 01:50 AM
I'll add another to our shedding frustration. How about when you're combing your hair after a shower or after oiling and your hands are slightly damp and you spend fifteen minutes trying to get long(inevitably tangled around your fingers) hair that's clinging to your hand into the trashcan. You try to whack it with air from your other hand, only to get it stuck to the other hand, and repeat that about twenty times.

Ah, yes - I hate it when that happens! And it happens, well, all the time...

GRU
February 22nd, 2011, 06:28 AM

And then, after all that effort, when it FINALLY disengages from your hand, the darn hair lands OUTSIDE of the trash can. :justy:

Blandine
February 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Mine is hair in my mouth - no matter if loose or still attached.

LisaMonster
February 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
I get shed hairs attached to the bottom of my running pants. They're the stretchy kind and end right below my knees, so I always have to STOP my workout in order to locate the hair tickling my calf.

anodyne_ame
February 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM

THIS :D More I try to wave my hand, more the hair strand seems to hold on. Shedding is a massive pet peeve. It generates all the other annoyances that so many of you have already mentioned.
Tied with it is when I want to do a fancy updo and it goes against the way my hair lies naturally, I end up looking like I have big hair cleavages or greasy hair. It's so frustrating!

RadiantNeedle
February 22nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
I hate that I cant detangle while it's wet. I can't do it while it's full of conditioner, or after rinsing.. If I try I lose a ferret-worth of hair.
When I detangle while partly wet, I lose a guinea pig.
So I lose a hamster when I detangle while dry, or mostly dry. Tired of hamsters.

morecowbell
February 22nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Here's one I haven't seen yet; Foreign substances getting into hair! :eek:
Last night I was feeding one of the cats, and as I open the can, gravy jumps out and lands all over my loose hair!!! Ick, ick, ick! It was of course, the day after a wash, and my hair was behaving better than it has in MONTHS, but I still had to hop in the shower and CO that nasty stuff out. (and now my hair is over conditioned, which I didn't even know was possible with such coarse hair!)

Intransigentia
February 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Getting the ends full of lint, bits of sweater-fuzz, and the tiny bits of down that escape from the lining of my winter coat and make it look like I have dandruff but only in the bottom two inches or so.

When it grows just enough that your usual way up doing a particular bun leaves hair sticking out, but you can't see any difference when it's down.

CarpeDM
February 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Crazy wiry curly hairs that won't play nice and lay flat.

Angeletti
February 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
In the summer my baby hairs like to frizz out from the humidity, it drives me nuts because I have stick straight fine hair, and it looks silly seeing the top portion like that.

terpentyna
February 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
hairballs in the laundry.

hair in the mouth either mine or someone else's, (because even if it's attached, you can still gag), which leads to

hair being in the way of certain activities. ehem.

RancheroTheBee
February 22nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
hairballs in the laundry.

hair in the mouth either mine or someone else's, (because even if it's attached, you can still gag), which leads to

hair being in the way of certain activities. ehem.

Sometimes, I swap clothes with a friend, and little balls of hair from my boyfriend fall out of the clothes. Ewww, haha.

Zefyra
February 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
My bangs!!!
I have a cowlick on one side and so it sort of flips up Sailor Moon style. But only on that side, the other side lays flat. Its fine if I wanna do a side part, either side really, but I prefer centre parted hair so Im left dealing with this idiotic cowlick till my bangs grow.
Which brings me to my other point... Growing out bangs sucks! They reach to the end of my nose now... I cant wait for them to be one inch longer, just one inch so I can tie them back... Frustration!!
Shed hairs are slightly annoying but my hairs still short enough its not a huge problem... yet.

HeatherJenae
February 24th, 2011, 06:49 PM
So true! The most frustrating thing I have ever experienced with hair is the bang length being JUST close enough to tuck behind your ears but not quite so it constantly falls in your face.

Kaya
February 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Shedding in the shower for two reasons.

One, I usually do the whole 'hair spider' thing where I collect my shed hairs and roll them into a ball to throw out afterwards. But I hate those that escape and then wash down my body. Urgh, I can feel those strands wrap around my legs and feet and when I go to get them, they either wash away or I can't seem to get a grasp on them. :justy:

Two, I do not do the whole fishing out the hair balls, though I know it needs to be done. I had to do that when I was younger and sharing a bathroom with my brother and dad. (Why I got stuck with cleaning the bathroom, I don't know...) But the stuff that I pulled out of the drain made me want to projectile vomit. It scarred me for life. So the DH is appointed to snake the drains. But seeing as he is deployed right now, I'm horrified to think of how big of a guinea pig is stuck down the shower drain. :blueeek:

Ais
February 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
The post-wash super-shed. Sometimes I'm tempted to re-measure my ponytail circumference afterwards, I can't possibly lose that much hair and still have any left on my head..

GRU
February 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Two, I do not do the whole fishing out the hair balls, though I know it needs to be done. I had to do that when I was younger and sharing a bathroom with my brother and dad. (Why I got stuck with cleaning the bathroom, I don't know...) But the stuff that I pulled out of the drain made me want to projectile vomit. It scarred me for life. So the DH is appointed to snake the drains. But seeing as he is deployed right now, I'm horrified to think of how big of a guinea pig is stuck down the shower drain. :blueeek:

Get yourself a Hair Stopper like this one at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Stopper-Drain-Protector-Strainer/dp/B003B02L2G). Works like a charm, haven't had to snake the drain in over a year now!

Almost any Walmart or hardware store will have something along those lines -- they come in a few different shapes to accommodate different types of drains.

UltraBella
February 24th, 2011, 08:59 PM
My biggest hair pet peeve is that I was not blessed with red hair naturally. I wanna be a redhead without being a chemical head. Or a henna head. Darn it !

may1em
February 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Tangles. Hate them!

may1em
February 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Shedding in the shower for two reasons.

One, I usually do the whole 'hair spider' thing where I collect my shed hairs and roll them into a ball to throw out afterwards. But I hate those that escape and then wash down my body. Urgh, I can feel those strands wrap around my legs and feet and when I go to get them, they either wash away or I can't seem to get a grasp on them. :justy:

I've heard that a bottle of Nair down the drain can fix that problem.

CariadA
February 24th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Reading all the posts about hair getting stuck in thing reminds me of when I lived in NYC. I was trying to cram into a crowed subway. The doors closed, and I tried to move. I couldn't because my hair was caught in the door! I was cringing all the way to the next stop; I was watching my hair fly around outside the window the whole time. This was about a year ago, and luckily none of it seems to have broken off.

Now on to the actual subject. I can't stand seeing someone tease their hair. It sends shivers up my spine.
I can't stand the baby hairs on the sides of my head that just won't lie down flat in an updo. I really am annoyed by the uneven hairline I have at the nape of my neck, too/

Intransigentia
February 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Just thought of another hair pet peeve: having it become part of sewing or crochet projects when a shed hair works itself into the thread. Or drops into something I just finished giving a fresh coat of varnish.

Speedbump
February 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
That and hair that gets stuck in the front of my shirt near my bra. Cause then I have to pull my shirt way away from me to try and look down and find it. Weirdo alert! :cheese:

I solemnly swear that I have never, ever, ever done this. Ever. :silly:

:cheese:

2peasinapod
February 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
When I am very tired and the only thing I need to do before I go to sleep is braid my hair. Then, after I have sectioned off my hair and finished braiding, I look up and see a section that didn't get braided. My arms are tired. My body is tired. My brain is tired. I'm :doh: :mad: :disgust: :( :sleep: .

annieangel149
February 25th, 2011, 04:52 PM
another peep mentioned this a few posts back! but i cant stand seeing hair being back combed now that i realise how damaging it is! :( when i see people doing it on youtube vids im shouting 'stop! stop you crazy person'!!

slz
February 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
When I am very tired and the only thing I need to do before I go to sleep is braid my hair. Then, after I have sectioned off my hair and finished braiding, I look up and see a section that didn't get braided. My arms are tired. My body is tired. My brain is tired. I'm :doh: :mad: :disgust: :( :sleep: .
Ooohhhhhh YES !!! I could cry when this happens to me.
But then, even just realizing I'm *really* tired and it's late and I need to go to bed .... and I have to comb + braid since I'm already sporting a 2 days old braid and I can't have it go any longer. Oh my, the feeling of helplessness sometimes, I can't say there aren't times I think of chopping it all off :( .

AmbrosiaShadows
February 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
1. whispies (those little fly-away-hairs that always manage to escape every style) while I'm dancing.

2. That one piece of hair that always manages to escape any bun/braid/curler and/or hairtowel.

3. Cleaning the hair from the drain in our tub/shower combo ( especially because my sister, with hair as long as mine, NEVER DOES IT! :justy: :angry: !!!)

4. hairballs in the dryer (tangled around brastraps, pantstrings, ties of any kind and pretty much anything it can get its metaphorical hands on.) not to mention creating a heck-load of static cling.

5. trimming ( even though I know I need to do it, I still hate having to lose any bit of length)

6. Trying not to get it into stuff when I bend down or lean over.

7 that one piece that always gets in the way when doing makeup.

8. and trying to keep it from whipping my dance partner when I turn. (my friend Jim calls it The Hair of Doom™ and my favorite hairstyle - a high ponytail with nine braids coming out of it - the Erin o' Nine Tails™)

But for all these problems i wouldn't trade it for the world!:)

Becky Safari
February 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Mine is how poofy and frizzy my hair is right after being washed, AND how flat and limp it it not 12 hours after being washed

HeatherJenae
February 26th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I definitely third the shudder inducing pet peeve of watching other people do damage to their hair. I don't feel like it's my place to comment or tell them how to do anything so I usually just sit there and cringe. My roommate furiously rubs her towel all over her wet head so hard and in so many directions I can't even watch. I watched a YouTube video today where a lovely young lady was doing a Kim Kardashian style hair tutorial. She did a great job heat protecting and flat ironing her hair, then she did something horrible... she lifted up three sections at her crown and teased them really hard so she'd get volume (that's why BumpIt's were invented!) and I had to click off the video. I guess that's another pet peeve. That people probably unwittingly passing on bad hair technique to other people. I'm sure some girls will go backcomb their hair in order to follow the tutorial. Yikes. It was seriously like a horror movie, especially after you've seen those high definition microscopic pictures of a teased strand of hair.

GRU
February 26th, 2011, 08:58 PM
3. Cleaning the hair from the drain in our tub/shower combo ( especially because my sister, with hair as long as mine, NEVER DOES IT! :justy: :angry: !!!)

Best. Invention. Ever. (http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Stopper-Drain-Protector-Strainer/dp/B003B02L2G)

I got mine at a local Wal-mart or hardware store in the plumbing section.

luxepiggy
February 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
People who touch my hair without asking. I may be a little piggy, but we are not at the petting zoo! '8(>(oo)<)8'

That, and the fact that it *always* seems to tickle my face (or arm, or neck) like crazy right when I've finished doing my nails and the lacquer is still wet!