PDA

View Full Version : Lots of taper near the roots- is this good or bad?

Laurel32
July 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I currently have around 4 inches of virgin hair, the rest has been box dyed multiple times, blow dyed and straightened. I am noticing a lot of taper starting at my roots and ending where my virgin hair ends.

Is this good or bad and why is this happening?

Thank you :blossom:

sweet*things
July 25th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're describing, but I would guess that the dyed ends are snapping off, leaving you with a bunch of all-virgin shorter strands. Either that, or you're getting a lot of new virgin growth.

Laurel32
July 25th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear :( I'm not exactly sure how to describe it but when I twist some of my hair and hold it up I can see lots of tiny hairs that stick out of my twist starting at my scalp and ending where the damage starts. Thank you anyways for the help.

vampodrama
July 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I think I have the same thing going on - lots of virgin hairs sprouting from my scalp. Mine are about 3-4 inches long. I hope it's new growth and it will get longer with time.

Drynwhyl
July 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Check the ends of the hairs. Do they look broken, or are they tapered at the end?

Laurel32
July 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
They look pretty healthy to me I don't see any breaks or tapers at the end of my virgin hair.

Drynwhyl
July 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Well, then it's probably nothing to worry about, most people get lots of new growth during the summer :)