PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly my roots are greasy all the time!

harpyangel
July 25th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone, I'm usually just a lurker here but I have a question about my hair...

It's nearly at bsl, and very thick. Since being home for summer I've noticed my hair (or more specifically, the under-layers of my hair) seem to go straight from being damp to being greasy.

This doesn't usually happen as I can usually go for 3 days before my hair becomes greasy. My shower here is not very good and I find it really hard to get all my hair wet when I do wash it. That can't help, should I try washing it in the sink with a jug?

I haven't changed my shampoo or conditioner because I've been really happy with them, I'm using an organic tea-trea shampoo and a coconut oil condish.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks
harpyangel xxx

florenonite
July 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
TMI, but are you PMSing? I find that some months in the week or so before my period my hair gets greasy so quickly.

It could also be a change from soft water to hard or vice versa, as the differing mineral contents do affect your hair, and if you're using harder water you might need a harsher shampoo (like when you're washing clothes and need more detergent for harder water). That said, I was using a shampoo bar at uni with soft water, came home to very hard water and was afraid to use it, as I've heard shampoo bars and hard water don't go together, then yesterday worked up the courage and my hair feels amazing. It might be worth either shampooing twice or trying a harsher shampoo, assuming your organic one is mild (if someone in your house has one, you don't want to go and buy one if it makes no difference) if your water at home is harder.

Are you using silicones? They can build up on hair, and if you're using a mild shampoo it won't necessarily wash them out. You might just need to clarify your hair and then it'll go back to normal.

The lack of water pressure might be an issue, too, though, so you might want to bring a jug into the shower with you, fill it with water, and use that to wash your hair.

longhairedfairy
July 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Have you been unconsciously running your fingers through it?

harpyangel
July 26th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the replies :) I'll use a clarifying shampoo next time to see if it makes a difference. And take a jug with me into the shower. The lack of water pressure makes it soo hard to wash my hair properly!

Harpyangel xxx