PDA

View Full Version : Confused Newbie

Michaela422
April 13th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Hey everybody, I was doing a search to find some good long hair conditioner and I stumbled upon this site. It looks amazing, but I must admit I am confused :/ what exactly do I do? Post my picture and then ask for what you think is best...or..SORRY! I'm new. Anyway, any help would be fabulous.

♥Michaela

Riot Crrl
April 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Welcome!

A picture would definitely help :) Advice you get from it might still not be the be-all, end-all, though. Hair is very individual. There are folks here who never use conditioner, which I can't imagine. But I don't use shampoo which they might not be able to imagine. It is about finding what works for you.

Elenna
April 13th, 2008, 01:55 AM
There is an amazing amount of info about hair here. And anyway, welcome to LHC.

Kunzang
April 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Hi Michaela,

Im new too and I found that if you post a picture it helps the others to get a sense of your hair type and situation. Also, you should complete the rest of your profile under 'Edit Your Details'- especially the part about classifying your hair type using the Fia Hairtyping system. You can get information on that if you click under the 'Articles' menu and find the article 'Fia's Hairtyping System' on the far right, under the 'Important Articles' section. You should also read the article about the abbreviations, which will help you learn the special lingo used here.

Once you establish that, then rest is having fun browsing through the site, enjoying what people are sharing and gaining new insights and ideas from the wonderful community here. After a little time spent browsing around, you'll get oriented and will be able to participate in the ongoing discussions in no time.

Michaela422
April 13th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the help and warm welcome! What kind of picture do you mean though, front, back, natural, or how I actually wear it? Or all four? haha.

Elenna
April 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The back of your hair of course.