PDA

View Full Version : My Boyfriend's hair! (Picture)

Delilah
April 12th, 2008, 10:17 PM
He's about a 2c?3a?/M/iii, this was taken after a detangling and application of shea butter, so it's usually curlier. On a humid day it's all ringlets. He's currently CO every 2 weeks and water rinse every 2 days or so. He is planning to grow it to waist length!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/geekgoddess777/DSC00491.jpg

prosperina
April 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Whoa. He's got some amazing hair. That's fabulous. His natural color I assume?

alligatorbaby23
April 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I so want your boyfriend! He has my hair, sans the straight stuff underneath that I inherited from my father. If you get tired of him, send him my way. If he is that gorgeous from the back I can only imagine why you are so contented. Great find! Good girl to help him along the way. I am sure you two make a great couple.
and as if you are not perfect as it is, I will send an offering of cheese:cheese: to sweeten the pot.
Thanks!

sweetkandi
April 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Wow! My fiance would NEVER attempt to grow his hair out. lol. If he did say he wanted to, it would be quite the surprise! :) And your b/f's hair is amazing!

Patrycja
April 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM
omg.My husband shaves his head the second it gets more than peach fuzz.That is a great set of hair for a man.Lucky you!!!!!!

and him :p

Delilah
April 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys!
We are quite happy together- sorry :P
That is not his natural color- it is dyed black but he takes good care of it otherwise.

Delilah
April 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Also- he started growing at the same time I did (2 years or so ago) and his hair is at least 2 inches longer than mine in total measurement. My hair was longer to begin with!

He is 6'7 though.

Riot Crrl
April 13th, 2008, 12:24 AM
3a I would say. The "top flatness" and the "curling more at the ends when it gets longer" both seem very usual for 3a. Congrats to him for having this hair, and to you for having a BF with this hair!

Delilah
April 13th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks, yes I am a lucky girl.
The top-flatness is due in part to the fact that he lets it dry in a ponytail.

Isilya
April 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Ooooh, shiny!! Very nice hair indeed. Both of you, actually :)

Sillage
April 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
OMG look at that shine! He's got fantastic hair and I love the color. There's something about men with long black hair... anyway it's good that he's taken because Alligatorbaby23 and I would have to :slap: if he wasn't.

;)

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM
wow your man has some great hair, im trying to persuade my hubby to grow his out, hes agreed to not get it cut for another 2 months!

Delilah
April 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys!
When I met him he washed daily with the cheapest shampoo available, no conditioner. I'm sure you curlies know what that would do to your hair.
So we've made progress... I'm working on convincing him that braids on men are OK, that's going to take some work...

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM
he needs to join! we need more male long hairs on TLHC!!

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
It looks really healthy and shiny!

cuddledumplin
April 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I love how shiny, curly, and his hair is. It's very nice.

Delilah
April 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
he needs to join! we need more male long hairs on TLHC!!

He's not really into reading about haircare, mostly he just uses conditioner I tell him is good, and allows me to put things in his hair. He's NOT cool with henna (the smell) hair masks, or anything that requires plastic wrap.

aprilmay
April 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Beautiful curls!

bruteforcegrl
April 13th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Ooh, Delilah,
Your boyfriend's hair rocks. :rockerdud
bfg

lulabelle
April 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
His hair looks just like my boyfriend's, except much longer! Same color and texture though. Mine has his at about shoulder length. I so wish he would grow it out!!