PDA

View Full Version : Hair Goal and Progress so far with Pics

Maddy25
July 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Everyone ^_^

So Im brand new around here, I've wanted to grow my hair for ages but I get so bored with the way I look once its long I end up cutting it all off (regretting it everytime @_@). Im so sick of short hair and I've decided to try once again to get it to around bra stap length. My hair has been on quite the adventure these last 2 years, long, short, black, red, pink , brown and my natural which is blonde.

My Goal is to get it a little longer than when I had it last year
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/n501835913_291946_4681.jpg

......shortly after this I did this to it....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo791.jpghttp://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo792.jpg

After this I have no touched it with scissors, I coloured it back t blonde and since then, about 3 months I have it here

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1161.jpg

It looks a little weird in that pic because its fussy from straightening but I dont do that to it anymore so its much better! Its growing in very strange because it is too short in the back to get into a ponytail all the way and the front section is a few inches longer but Ive been taking really good care of it and its growing back nice and healthy so far!!! I wanted to join this for support and to track my progress so it actually feelings like Im getting somewhere because my hair grows extremly slow (although I just started with silica and biotin!).

Wish me luck everyone!

utdesertrunner
July 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the LHC! This is a great place for support! Everytime I get a wild hair (pun inteneded, lol) to cut my hair I come here to check out everyone's gorgeous long locks. Works everytime. I, like yourself, always cut around BSL and regret it.

Happy growing!

Maddy25
July 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
aawww thanks! Yeah, its so hard to get past the annoying shoulder stage, Im hoping you guys can all help me do it finally!

amaiaisabella
July 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
I love the blonde way more than the dark! So pretty :) Welcome!

Nyghtingale
July 23rd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

kam984420
July 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome to LHC Maddy! Happy growing!:cheese:

keight425
July 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome!! I also was into the habit of chopping it off when it got into that weird shoulder stage!! I'm right there with you on actually doing it this time! woo-hoo!

florenonite
July 23rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
I've wanted to grow my hair for ages but I get so bored with the way I look once its long I end up cutting it all off (regretting it everytime @_@).

Story of my life. I think "I want to grow my hair long!" Six months later, my hair's about APL (armpit length), "I'm going to cut back to shoulder; I wear my hair in a ponytail all the time!" A month later "I want to grow my hair long, why did I cut it?!"

Eventually I found here, and this place is great for support. You see the beautiful long hair here and want it for yourself, and if you have the urge to cut you get rational responses invoking the magical two-week rule, by which you wait two weeks before doing anything drastic to your hair. It's saved my hair so many times because, after two weeks, I remember I like long hair.

The other big thing that's helped me stay interested in growing my hair is learning new updos. Now I don't get annoyed that I wear my hair in a ponytail all the time, because I almost never wear it in a ponytail! If I get bored with it, rather than cutting I can try out a new updo and that makes it exciting again.

Welcome, and I wish you luck in your hair growth journey :)

GlassEyes
July 23rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wow. You look really different with short, colored hair. xD; Almost like a completely different person. Neither is bad, of course, but it's such a big difference! xD;

Anyway, welcome to the LHC, and good luck growing longer!

Rivanariko
July 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Welcome! You've come to the right place for support. Everyone around here is awesome. You'll feel right at home in no time!

Myeka
July 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Welcome to LHC! I love the short haircut you have... if I had the features for it I would have loved to have it at one point too. But your hair is gorgeous blonde and at that length in the first photo. You'll get there in no time.

Shadow Walker
July 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Welcome to LHC! Your hair looks really nice already, it should look even better when it gets longer. :)

ericthegreat
July 24th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Welcome to LHC! As you gain more and more length, you will find that longer hair will actually become more easy to simply tie it back quite quickly or wear it up in an updo.

Aditi
July 24th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Hii and welcome to LHC, Blonde color suits you more than dark one according to me, hope you reach your goal length soon.Happy growing :)

Chrissy
July 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Welcome!!! You'll love it here. :)

Tap Dancer
July 24th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Your hair looks great in both styles and colors. :)

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Wow thank you everyone :D

It's so great, I feel more confident and better already about this awkward stage it's at. And you are all right about being able to look at everyones photos and be inspired to not cut it, it's helping so much already!

I red something about a two week rule? I think I'm going to implement that because when I want to cut my hair, I do it the next day and then cry the whole week after :p So at least if I leave it for 2 weeks I'm sure to change my mind.

Rentlle
July 24th, 2009, 06:33 AM
heeey, welcome here!
I love both cuts!, but prefer the blonde :)
you coloured your hair from brown to blonde??
wow.. can't be healthy... :s
succes with growing!! i'm sure it will work with the lots of support you will get here :)

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
heeey, welcome here!
I love both cuts!, but prefer the blonde :)
you coloured your hair from brown to blonde??
wow.. can't be healthy... :s
succes with growing!! i'm sure it will work with the lots of support you will get here :)

Yeah I had it colour stripped and dyed back blonde to cancel out all the red I had a few months ago. I know its terrible for your hair but mine handled it really well, I dont have any split ends and my hair is still always shiney and soft.

redneckprincess
July 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
welcome, glad you found us, cute hair pics though

melrose1985
July 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Welcome! you look a bit like Kristin Dunst in the last one.

Good luck growing!

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Welcome! you look a bit like Kristin Dunst in the last one.

Good luck growing!

It's funny you mention that, people used to call me that all the time! Especially when I died my hair bright red when Spiderman came out, I was called MJ for quite some time :)

ChrissieM
July 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I like the sideswept bangs on you in the last pic. Are you going to grow them all the way out as well? I keep trying to grow my bangs out, but then I get annoyed with them and cut them back.

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I like the sideswept bangs on you in the last pic. Are you going to grow them all the way out as well? I keep trying to grow my bangs out, but then I get annoyed with them and cut them back.
Thank you :D

Yes I'm trying to grow out the bangs, they were cut sort of diagonally when they were really short for the punky style so its easier to just sweep them back, I found it harder to grow out the blunt bangs I had before these. I always cave in to when they start to get annoying but in the summer I find it's much easier to grow them because its so hot out and I do not want them on my face.

It is so hard to think of styles for the weird stage i am at now though! My bangs are too short to go behind my ears, the back of my hair is too short to go in a pontail, so it is so boring :( I cannot wait to have it a few inches longer!

pilateschick7
July 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Welcome! You have had some very cute haircuts. It really helped me resist the urge to cut by buying hair toys. Before LHC Kept getting to BSL and cutting back to shoulder length. You will get to the length in the longest pic pretty quickly I would imagine.:)

JamieLeigh
July 24th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome, and good luck! I have to say, I think the longer hair in the first photo is much more flattering to your face than the shorter hair. Thank you for sharing photos, and I hope you have a wonderful hair journey! :flower:

Maddy25
July 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you all for the encouraging comments! I'm reading a lot about cones on this forum, does anyone know of an article or something I can read to learn about the pros and cons of using them? I really want to do whats best for my hair and I have no idea about that stuff.

Elphie
July 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hi! Welcome to LHC! I think your hair looks great despite all the changes.
Here are two articles that are for newer members:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=65
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39

And one about cones:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

Happy reading :-)

rach
July 25th, 2009, 08:23 AM
the blonde looks quite natural on you. your eyebrows look light , am i right on thinking your naturally a type of blonde anyway ?

spidermom
July 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Welcome to LHC. Your hair will grow; all you need is time and patience.

Maddy25
July 25th, 2009, 08:47 AM
the blonde looks quite natural on you. your eyebrows look light , am i right on thinking your naturally a type of blonde anyway ?

hehe yes I am a natural blonde, but my colour is more silvery than the gold I have it dyed. I hate the yellowish blonde it is now though, thats why I'm trying to grow out my natural colour.

Thank you for the links!

Maddy25
July 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Oh one more question!

I want to take the official measurement for my hair but because of my weird haircut, the hair in the front reaches my clavicle where as the hair on the back of my head is still at the base of my neck. Should I measure the longest part at the front?

kam984420
July 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Oh one more question!

I want to take the official measurement for my hair but because of my weird haircut, the hair in the front reaches my clavicle where as the hair on the back of my head is still at the base of my neck. Should I measure the longest part at the front?

When you measure, you should start at the front at your hairline and measure down the back.

Elphie
July 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
You're welcome. There's also an article on measuring your hair, if you want it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=9