PDA

View Full Version : tiny bald spots?

just peachy
April 12th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I've been using MN for a while now (since late 2007) but just recently started noticing tiny bald spots on my head. There aren't too many of them, maybe 4, and the space only looks big enough for 10 hairs but they're definitely noticeable amongst my medium brown roots.
I'm kind of worried because I've never had anything like this and don't know what's causing it. MN definitely speeds up my growth and caused an army of baby hairs to sprout all around my hairline so I'm not sure if that could be the cause.
Does anyone have any ideas as far as what they are? Should I be worried? Is there anyway to combat it?
:(

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Do the locations of the areas tell any tales? Could it be tension or friction loss? (Physical pulling tension, I mean.)

just peachy
April 12th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Do the locations of the areas tell any tales? Could it be tension or friction loss? (Physical pulling tension, I mean.)

there's one located amidst my side-swept bangs (on the left of my head) and the rest I can only see if I part my hair down the center (which I usually don't.)
:bigeyes: Come to think of it I have been putting my hair in a bun on the very top of my head for bed lately...

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Ohhhh, perhaps looser? And if you are worried about length pillow friction, maybe a silk pillowcase or sleep bonnet?

just peachy
April 12th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ohhhh, perhaps looser? And if you are worried about length pillow friction, maybe a silk pillowcase or sleep bonnet?

I never even thought thats what could be causing it.
I think I'll be going back to braids now...:o
Could it really be causing my hair to fall out clean like that, no regrowth or anything?

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM
If it's not a more pervasive medical problem, or a considerable scalp skin trauma, it will grow back. In my experience if you yank a bunch of hairs out, bulbs and all (whether you're aware of it or not) it can take a while to grow back. But it will.

If it gets worse and the bald spots get bigger and/or there are more of them, I would definitely see a doc. If not, it could just be physical pulling. Ten hairs isn't a lot.

just peachy
April 12th, 2008, 10:51 PM
If it's not a more pervasive medical problem, or a considerable scalp skin trauma, it will grow back. In my experience if you yank a bunch of hairs out, bulbs and all (whether you're aware of it or not) it can take a while to grow back. But it will.

If it gets worse and the bald spots get bigger and/or there are more of them, I would definitely see a doc. If not, it could just be physical pulling. Ten hairs isn't a lot.

Thanks so much for all your help.
Off I go to take the bun down and braid my hair, LOL.