PDA

View Full Version : "How Clean Is Your House" bun

nmarie33
July 23rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
I searched but didn't find anything on this, so forgive me if it's already a topic.

I love watching BBC America, and there is one show called "How Clean Is Your House." The hostess Kim always wears a funky bun, so I thought I would try it for myself. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I wear it to work.

Here's how to do it:

1. Make a very high ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
2. Divide the hair in half, one half toward your forehead and one toward your neck.
3. Braid the forward hank of hair and wrap it around the ponytail holder. I secured mine with a hair scroo.
4. Take the remaining hair and make a very loose rope braid.
5. Pin the rope braid to your head, making sure to hide the tail.

That's it! It's very easy and looks good, although my version looked a lot smaller than hers! Here's a photo of the lady Kim: http://www.womenspeakers.co.uk/uploadedfiles/KimWoodburnws.jpg You can see the front of the style from this anyhow.

jel
July 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for this, I have been admiring her intricate updos for a while!

Looking forward to a pic of your own...

enfys
July 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I loved that programme. And her gloves! I think I remember reading she used to be a model.

It's also clearly a very practical style when you're doing grotty jobs and want your hair safe.

aksown
July 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
I love that show! I knew that Kim had a very neat updo but until I joined here I would have never even considered trying it out. Thanks for pointing it out and the directions. :)

Bunnyhare
July 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
whew..i thought this was going to be confession thread and i was in trouble..imagine my surprise that it was a hairdo!!:0)

Kirin
July 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I love this show, but can't find out if BBC america is on cablevision *snort*

ButterCup02
July 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
I like this show too! Her hair always looks really good :) Very practical for what she does too.

Co Phi
July 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I love this show! And I always admire Kim's hair, but I wonder if it's all hers or if she has help from a hairpiece. If it is all hers, it must be thick and very long!

ZadenWillowfyre
July 24th, 2009, 07:09 AM
That's awesome! I always loved her hair style. I'll have to try this.